Sign in to follow this  
wrestling24/7

strongest region

if u go by rangers rankings for the state placers, region 6 is the strongest

Yeah, Region 6 looks to be the toughest with Region 7 close behind.  But I will say, much of Region 6 strength is at the top of the weight class and not the depth as it historically has been.

Has region three ever been in the top 3?

Not in recent history.  Back when I was a young lad Western had some tough kids and PRP had some good teams.  But as a region I don't know if they would have been considered top 3 (ignoring the fact that there used to be only 4 regions).

I didnt know there used to be 4 regions thats crazy what high school did you wrestle for Ranger?

Olympia HS, a district of Elis, in Southern Greece

His main sport was Pankration

In the 18th Olympiad, the pentathlon and wrestling were added. Wrestlers were anointed with oil, dusted with powder, and forbidden to bite or gouge. Wrestling was looked upon as a weapon-free military exercise. Weight and strength were especially important since there were no weight categories. Kyle (p.120) says that in 708 wrestling (pale) was introduced to the Olympics. This was also the year the Pantathlon was introduced. In 648 the pankration ("all-in wrestling") was introduced.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Region 7 is the toughest region this year (with region 6th a close 2nd).  It might not have the most state champions come the end of February, but it will have the most state placers. I

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Region 7 is the toughest region this year (with region 6th a close 2nd).  It might not have the most state champions come the end of February, but it will have the most state placers. I