grappler-of-old

For., DQ, and Dflt. at the 2006 state tourney.

I brought this up in another forum.

this is a list of the defaults, Forfeits, and DQ's at the state tourney.

103- Andre Zeppa (NO) Default to Voth

------ Andre Zeppa (NO) Forfeit for 7th place

112--Michael Miller (Val) Forfeit to Maxwell in 1st round of conso's

------Wes Bird (Ft.Ca) Forfeit to Carddell in 1st round of conso's

119- Caleb Wook (FC) Forfeit to Stocker for 7th place

125- Richard Brasher (West) Default to Mitchell in 1st round of Conso's

-----Stacy Miller (Lar) DQ to Bryant for 3rd place

130-Alfred Collins (PECC) DQ to Marks in Quarters

-----Alfred Collins (PECC) Forfeit to Carey in 4th round of conso's

-----Paul Marks (East)Default to Peace in Semi's

-----Paul Marks (East) Default to Bowlds in Conso. Semi's

-----Paul Marks (East) Forfeit to Allman for 5th

140-Nick Coomer (Laf) Default to Risinger for 5th

145-Mitch Ervin Default to Ford in Conso. Semi's

-----Mitch Ervin Forfeit to Wilson for 5th

152-Yeremy Krivoshey Default to Sanders in Quarters

171-Isaiah Reed (Shaw) Default to Lekay 1st round of conso's

-----Galwyn Harris (Fair) Default to Coots 3rd round of Conso's

Hwt-John Shuls (Buce) Default to Cloit in Quarters

-----John Shuls (Buce) Forfeit to Porol 2nd round in conso's

-----Robbie Brown (Fair) Forfeit to McCobbins in 2nd round of conso's

That equals "10" Defaults

--------------"9" Forfeits

--------------"2" DQ's

This seems a lot to me.

I know that Wood' date=' Bryant, Ervin, and Marks were legit injuries. That accounts for 3 defaults, [b']4 DQs, and 3 forfeits. That's half of them.

Thats only 2 DQ's.

What happened to Collins after the Marks match, he for. his next match. Why?

Geesh I've got 250 posts??? Man have I become a blabber mouth since Dec.

Thats only 2 DQ's.

What happened to Collins after the Marks match, he for. his next match. Why?

Geesh I've got 250 posts??? Man have I become a blabber mouth since Dec.

Collins got tossed for going crazy after the DQ. I mis-typed it. 2 DQs, 3 def, and 4 forfeits.

152-Yeremy Krivoshey Default to Sanders in Quarters

that was totally legitimate, i got knocked out and didnt really even know what was going on when suddenly i hear injury time was over before i even realized what happened...really had an affect on the next days performance as well

Collins deserved getting tossed for that too. It was an illegal move, and Marks was obviously hurt bad. Granted, it was probably an accident Marks getting slammed that bad. However, accident or not it was an illegal move and the DQ was the only choice the ref could make.

Had it stopped there, Collins should have been allowed to wrestle in consols. But to curse, swear, holler, throw your head gear, and show absolutely no concern for a wrester who had no clue where he was (Marks was on dream street ... the coach had to guide the poor guy where they were going after the match) warranted getting tossed from the tourney.

It seems that people took the safe way out of tournements this year when they were hurt.

"Live to fight a nother day."

Wasn't thatt the third time Paul Marks has been injured and couldn't continue the match?

He slammed Eric Bryant. Was it legit? Hard saying, it was a decent slam...but i seen harder slams throughout the tournament that didn't get called at all. The thing that made me a little skeptical is how hard Bryant sold it afterwards. But in the end, the only one that knows is Eric if he was injured and unable to finish the match. He was staggering more than most people I've seen get slammed. Who knows.

Why did Stacy Miller get DQ'd in the 3rd place match.

Legit?

Stacy Miller got DQ'd because the vref said he slammed Eric Bryant. I didnt see the actual slam, I just saw Eric bryant on the mat afterward, so I don't know if it was really a slam or not

It would be hard for me to swallow if Eric Bryant took a fall on this one.

Eric is a great kid, a great competitor, an all around good kid, maybe the only one class act kid that I met this year was Jason Hardin.

IMO if Eric could have wrestled he would have, he must have already been devistated by not making the finals, and still wanted to show everyone he was a quality wrestler.

Just my opinion, and like Pioneer siad, only Eric knows the truth. (I also did not see the slam)

Had Bryant's head not hit the mat, i think it did, i don't think it would have been called. Miller definitely didn't do anything in bad faith, he took Bryant back down persuasively and Bryant took a bad spill in the process was my take. If it was too rough, it wasn't intentional. And if it wasn't too rough ... well ... the ref has a split second to make the call. And thats as a good of an example as any of a judgement call.

I agree. I only caught a glimpse of the slam. But I don't think Miller did anything intentional and no way did Bryant lay down. It was just two tough kids going at it with a fluke landing. Too bad 2 good high school careers had to end that way.

With all the nice things being said about Bryant on here, I'd say yes he wouldn't have faked it. I'm just a skeptical person I spose. I just really felt bad for Miller because he was dominating the whole match from what I seen.

John shultz (BC) fractured ribs against mike clark and had to forefit the rest of the tournment

Robbie Brown (Fair) was DQ after the corey peters match and then had to forefit to McCobbins

Well honestly there are coaches that will just encourage it that you just stay down you are done and there wrestler wins the later on they are just fine and peachy. I thing unless it is just right out a power bomb or you are meanimg to and refs can tell that if they truly wanted to then if a kid falls wrong its not the other wrestlers fault. Kids get up in the air wiggle alot trying to get away or get scared and land wrong and ruin peoples dreams look at Mike Murray from waggner and then what Eric Bryant did its wrong dont cheat another kid give them the chance to continue on throught the tournament

Well honestly there are coaches that will just encourage it that you just stay down you are done and there wrestler wins the later on they are just fine and peachy. I thing unless it is just right out a power bomb or you are meanimg to and refs can tell that if they truly wanted to then if a kid falls wrong its not the other wrestlers fault. Kids get up in the air wiggle alot trying to get away or get scared and land wrong and ruin peoples dreams look at Mike Murray from waggner and then what Eric Bryant did its wrong dont cheat another kid give them the chance to continue on throught the tournament

I think this has been covered already. Were you in the right city? The Eric Bryant match didn't keep anyone from advancing in the tournament or ruin anyones dreams. It was for 3rd and 4th. Plus, a rule is a rule. You slam someone you might lose. If you can't deal with it, then stay out of the situation.

first the comment about dreams beign ruined was meant for the Mike Murrays match if you recall. Second was in the right city right time just a bad call from the ref. Point of my comment was that a slam should be specified as " if a kid has purposely slams his kid with intention to hurt his opponent" and in that cause why would a winning wrestler want to do that . The rule as it stands gives kids that are getting beat the chance to flip and flop in the air land a little hard and win the match cause he didnt want to continue because he knows ne aint going to win so why not screw the other guy. And honestly i cant stand the situation because if the rule stands as it is now the the ref should be more strick and i believe the wrestler that got slammed show have the say so to say "hey he didnt mean to let him continue cause accidents happen and its manly the other wrestlers fault that he lands hard or the wrong way. Sorry that you must have got slammed and this happen to you.

first the comment about dreams beign ruined was meant for the Mike Murrays match if you recall. Second was in the right city right time just a bad call from the ref. Point of my comment was that a slam should be specified as " if a kid has purposely slams his kid with intention to hurt his opponent" and in that cause why would a winning wrestler want to do that . The rule as it stands gives kids that are getting beat the chance to flip and flop in the air land a little hard and win the match cause he didnt want to continue because he knows ne aint going to win so why not screw the other guy. And honestly i cant stand the situation because if the rule stands as it is now the the ref should be more strick and i believe the wrestler that got slammed show have the say so to say "hey he didnt mean to let him continue cause accidents happen and its manly the other wrestlers fault that he lands hard or the wrong way. Sorry that you must have got slammed and this happen to you.

No, I was never slammed. Actually, have been on the other end a couple times. But I still say if you can't control the kid or live with the consequences, then don't pick them up. Once you lift a guy off the mat you have to know that you are taking a chance.

How is the official supposed to know if it is intentional. That's rediculous. We can expect the refs to make better calls, but not to be mind-readers. The kid that gets slammed always has the opportunity to continue. Obviously if he is hurt badly enough someone will override his decision.

Well not asking for mind readers but i can sit there and tell if the kid means to " wehn he power bombs the kid or jumps in the air and drives his shopulder into the kid as they hit the ground . and i wans't talking about the kid having the right to continue the kid that got slammed shoould have the right to say i know it wasn't a purpose slam it was somewhat my fault if forfeiting the mtach to him cause i can't go on. Injury default. Cause there are kids that fake hurt two three hours later are running around or out the the mat showing his best friend this cool new move he just saw.