Sign in to follow this  
BALL-N-CHAIN

Cliff Keen

Ruschell went 3-0 on the first day of competition, only allowing his opponents to score two total points against him. He will face No. 5 seed Jason Chamberlain of Boise State in a semifinal bout Saturday. Ruschell came in seeded No. 1 and defeated Purdue's Nick Bertucci, 7-2, and advanced with a 5-0 shutout over Walter Peppelman of Harvard. Ruschell won his last match of the day over No. 9 seed Peter Yates of Virginia Tech to advance to the semifinals Saturday.

Ruschell wins Cliff Keen, beats #4 Palmer of OSU 3-1. Great Job Kyle!

I hate to get ahead of myself, but how exciting would it be to watch Kyle wrestle for a national title this season.

I hate to get ahead of myself, but how exciting would it be to watch Kyle wrestle for a national title this season.

I no more than anyone would love to see any Kentucky wrestler win a national title; but in this case don't forget a guy name 1. Brent Metcalf, Iowa, Senior

Yes, he can be beat; but after last year I bet he is on a mission or quest his senior year  :|

I no more than anyone would love to see any Kentucky wrestler win a national title; but in this case don't forget a guy name 1. Brent Metcalf, Iowa, Senior

Yes, he can be beat; but after last year I bet he is on a mission or quest his senior year  :|

Totally agree that Metcalf is probably on a mission... I'd just like to add that so is Kyle!

Totally agree that Metcalf is probably on a mission... I'd just like to add that so is Kyle!

That made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!  Has Been, you're gonna get mom fired up!!  I would like to add that when Kyle wrestled Metcalf last year - I think at the Midlands - the match was closer than the score indicated.  I'm hoping another year of working hard Kyle has closed the gap. 

Probably at Midlands and the #3 guy is Kyle Borshoff from American University, Palmer is 4th.  Borshoff beat Palmer in the All-Star dual I believe.

The preseeds for the Midlands are out... Kyle is #2 behind Metcalf.    If you'd like to check them out you can find them at www.thewrestlingtalk.com

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas and has a safe and happy New Year.