Chicks Dig Scars

Least Impressive Wrestlers @ State (let downs)

Who do you think that should have put up a much better show at state but was instead a dissapointment?

...Wood

In defense of Caleb, he had a difficult season with two very untimely injuries that caused him to never really get any consistency established. Most kids would have sat out regional and state. IMO, he was pretty guttsy just to be on the mat trying to come back so quickly from injury. If he had been healthy I have no doubt he would have been at least further up the stand if not on top! Just to place at all while not being able to go full out is a pretty good accomplishment!

kelly from sheldom clark only has 2 burst of energy. he goes out there and tries to throw you in the first period and he will die down. then in the third period he has a 30 sec burst and then dies down again

Yeah Caleb wasnt so much a let down....if you had followed his season. He was forced to sat out several touraments after Injuring his shoulder at King of the Bluegrass healing it barely Re-hurting it at an indiana tournament South Dearborn, and then hurting it in a dual meet against John Chui (after chui gunned after his arm the whole time) but yeah caleb was hurt and still wrestled regionals and state and place at both still..... DEFENITLY NOT A LET DOWN

caleb wood would have to be the worst let down. a state champion placing 8th thats bad. i know he had his shoulder injury but did he do as much as he could have down to stay in shape

It's not so much staying in shape as getting your rhythm back, at least I know that's what happened this past year with me. Being out for awhile messes you up in more ways than just conditioning. Caleb is a hard worker and I'm sure he did whatever he could to come back strong.

With Caleb all he could do at practice was run most of the time. It gets you in shape but not wrestling shape and I do agree that he didn't have his regular rhythem.

Running shape is way different than wrestling shape ... thats undeniable. I ran Cross Country, and wrestling a match still kicked my butt the first time i'd go live in practice.

But when you're hurt, running is better than doing nothing ... it makes getting back in wrestling shape take less time and it sounds like Wood did all he could do with a bad hand of cards.

grappler-of-old Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:52 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Region 6 I would have to say:

Rust and Golsby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your right.

I dont think that Wood was that big of a let down because he had a reason not to be the best he was broken. Let downs would have to be Rust (placed 4th last year and went like 2-2 this year0, Goldsby, and I think that Wilson was a let down, because he had beaten Aylor all seasons he even majored him at one time he could have done better and he just barely lost to banks he was a disappointment

"and then hurting it in a dual meet against John Chui (after chui gunned after his arm the whole time"

That was a really low blow FCwrestler08. I train alot with chui and he definately gunning for calebs arm. He didn't even know his arm was injured. John took him down and then turn caleb within a few seconds with an arm hammer. He wasn't trying to hurt caleb he was running a pinning combo, because that is what you do when you ride. Maybe caleb shouldn't have wrestled that match but when he made the decision to go out there. Good wrestlers to take it easy on someone becuase of an injury. That was a very disrespectful thing to say about a wrestler that was doing nothing except wrestle. i also know that jon felt really bad for caleb after the match. He wasn't tring for a cheap win it just happened.

The way to defeat a wrestler is esploit his weaknesses. Robinson his Jr. year was defeated because people knew he had an injured hand.

If he was able to compete then he knew what would happen. You don't expect their opponent to not touch or use his injury against him do you? If a person looses his left contact you know that he is weak on his left side and therefore shoot that side, why not take advantage of a known injury.