Ranger123

Rebel Rankings - 2006/2007 Preseason #1

back off cardinal. do your own if you are that upset with them. ranger is only adding his opinion. he has never come on here acting like he is the ultimate in wrestling rankings. just the opposite' date=' he is always respectful of the coaches rankings and apoligizes for mistakes ahead of posting. while i think he is wrong on some of the weight classes here , he at least deserves respect and thanks for the hard work. he is giving us something to talk about 7 months away from the season opening. you have no right attacking him on a personal level. grow up.[/quote']

Well said sandman :D

I heard randal stevens from mccreary co might go 145 this year if he dont weigh too much and cardinal fan you should wake up and realize sheldon clark isnt as good as you think the are mccreary had 2 missing weigh classes and 3 middle school wrestlers that will be a threat next year

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:39 pm Post subject: Byrd at hwt!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I am correct wasnt byrd put on his back at regionals in the quater finals and at quaters in the state tourny bye the same unranked kid! he might want to stay at 215. Also from what i saw i am pretty sure he was stuck at state

Well Chinta06.... I give props to Byrd for even wrestling this year. The doctor told him surgery as soon as he was in the accident but Matt wanted to finish out football and wrestle... Just think about it, he had to changed how he wrestled so he wouldnt do anymore damage to his arm. Matt Byrd will be a heavyweight state Champ... No questions.

Why should Eastern place 14th at State next year when we were 12th this season? Also, Joaquin Luna is planning on stayin at 112 for next season.. he didnt hve to cut a whole lot of weight so he plans on staying at 112. Paul Marks will also probably remain at 130 for next season, but thats not a sure thing as of yet.

First, regarding Eastern. Yes, you have Luna, Rupp, Marks, and Kraft back. But I don't see those guys improving their finishing position by much. You lose Wise which balances out that improvement. Yes, other guys could step up, but I don't see those guys yet. As far as losing a few spots, I think teams like McCreary Central will be much improved with lots of returning talent and adding some kids from a good middle school program.

slideby - I have Matt Slone #6 at 119.

Not to toot my own horn, but just defending myself, my final predictions had about 90% of the medalists in the top 10. I don't think anyone matched that. Four weight classes I had at least 7 of the top 8 predicted in the top 8. Much of the credit goes to the input received on this forum.

Alex Allman finished 5th at 130 from Lafayette. He should be ranked somewhere right.

Not necessarily. I do think he was one of the most improved wrestlers I saw this season, but he benefited from a very favorable draw at state. If he can proved himself early in the season he will move up quickly.

Is Matt Byrd really going HWT next year?

The reason I ask is because there truely have not been that many 215 that were successful when they moved up to Hwt.

Hwt. is a different type of wrestling. A few that come to mind that did succeed are Bruce Stepp, and Jason Hardin.

I agree that Byrd is a great wrestler, but I will wait and see just how successful he will be at this weight.

I know this doesn't mean a lot, but the Bluegrass games results show that he finished ahead of Hardin and Goodrich at HWY last summer. Maybe he will cut back to 215, but without Goodrich I think the chances are lower. Plus, with so many graduates I think 275 is wide open for next season.

Ranger123 if what you said above is true about Alex Allmen why is Bryan Wasson from harrison co ranked? Alex Allmen beat the kid from Anderson co. that beat Wasson first round.....Also Wassons record at state was 1-2 Allmens record was 6-2 that is a more than hard road he had to wrestle i belive he should be ranked...especially if you are ranking Wasson

Ranger123 if what you said above is true about Alex Allmen why is Bryan Wasson from harrison co ranked? Alex Allmen beat the kid from Anderson co. that beat Wasson first round.....Also Wassons record at state was 1-2 Allmens record was 6-2 that is a more than hard road he had to wrestle i belive he should be ranked...especially if you are ranking Wasson

Not a good example to choose. I know they have wrestled head to head quite a number of times over the last few years. And the only match Allmen can hang his hat on is a tournament at Bourbon Co last summer when Wasson was way out of shape. Prior to the bad match against Carey, Wasson's only losses all year were close matches to Eric Bryant, Ben Rust (who he also beat), Steven Butler (who he also beat) and a loss to Parker. Try again. Plus, Allmen will have the opportunity to prove me wrong all year.

Hey Ranger JJ Jude from Johnson Central will be in the 7th grade next year not 9th. Thanks for the rankings I always enjoy them.

Are you sure on that? I thought JJ Jude was a 6th grader last year, and a 7th grader this year?

There are two Dixie Heights wrestlers that are missing in your rankings.

At 152/160 Brad Denham (12). He only lost 2 matches going into Regionals. His losses at Regionals were to Brownfield of Campbell Co. on a 4-point move with :10 seconds to go to win by one point and Valdez of Ryle by a one point. His 2 losses during the season were to Cooper of Simon Kenton and Wheeler of Larue. He says he is going 152 next year but will probably be going 160. He also pinned Ryan Ross of Harrison Co.

At 189 Steven Benson (11). He only weighed 177 all season and will definately be going 189 next season. He lost to Watson and Turner at state. He beat Guiler at state. He also beat Green early in the season.

Both should be in the top Eight.

I agree with 152 and think they will rebuild very quickly. I understand how they may not be top 20 preseason having lost so many seniors, but they will develop quickly. I think by Christmas will have proven they deserve to be ranked at least top 20.

There are two Dixie Heights wrestlers that are missing in your rankings.

At 152/160 Brad Denham (12). He only lost 2 matches going into Regionals. His losses at Regionals were to Brownfield of Campbell Co. on a 4-point move with :10 seconds to go to win by one point and Valdez of Ryle by a one point. His 2 losses during the season were to Cooper of Simon Kenton and Wheeler of Larue. He says he is going 152 next year but will probably be going 160. He also pinned Ryan Ross of Harrison Co.

At 189 Steven Benson (11). He only weighed 177 all season and will definately be going 189 next season. He lost to Watson and Turner at state. He beat Guiler at state. He also beat Green early in the season.

Both should be in the top Eight.

Good catch. I completely forgot about Denham. He should be top 4 at 160. I had Benson #9, but will re-evaluate.

you really dont see south oldham as a top 20 team?

It's not so much that I don't think they will be top 20, but they lost 9 seniors (from the state qualifiers) and I don't know who will fill those slots. Once we see who they reload with I'm sure they will crack the top 20, but not sure how high they will go.