Sign in to follow this  
Mathound

Fargo 2009

Did anyone from Kentucky end up going to Fargo this year? I know that Kentucky isn't really much into the Freestyle/Greco scene.

I dug into a little more on the http://www.trackwrestling.com/ website, it looks the following wrestlers are registered for Kentucky. The Cadet level wrestlers will start their tournament on the 21st, while the junior wrestlers will start on the 22nd.

2009 USAW Cadet Freestyle Nationals Results for Kentucky

Cadet-112 - John Fahy's place is unknown.

Cadet-125 - Jayce Carr's place is unknown.

Cadet-130 - Alex Murphy's place is unknown.

2009 USAW Junior Freestyle Nationals Results for Kentucky

Junior-112 - Joseph Henderson's place is unknown.

Junior-135 - Jordan Murphy's place is unknown.

Junior-135 - Caleb Ervin's place is unknown.

Dropped due to injury

Cadet-125 - Jayce Carr's

Cadet-130 - Alex Murphy's

Signed up but have not heard if he will be going.

Junior-112 - Joseph Henderson's

That is very good, but his real competition will be his next match McKinley and hopefully the one following Friedman.  Check out their profiles by clicking their names on the bracket.  If you will notice, the first kid Fahy wrestled didn't even have a profile and the second one hadn't won anything in his profile.  McKinley is pretty good and Friedman is better.  They both also did well in Greco ending in a three way tie with the eventual 7th placer (4th placer on their side of the bracket). Friedman actually beat him, but was pinned by McKinley (probably fluke).  Anyway, best of luck to Fahy in the upcoming match, it will be huge if he wins it!

Looks like John and his next opponent both wrestled Kraft, VA. Fahy 6-0, 6-0 compared to McKinley 4-0, 7-4.

Ill take Fahy, good luck John!

3rd Round:  John Fahy (Kentucky) Dec 5-1, 6-1 Jared McKinley (Indiana) --> Very good job!

Also, his next round is agains someone who hasn't done much and had two weak opponents his first two rounds.  John should dominate him!  Keep up the good work John!

4th Round:  John Fahy (Kentucky) Dec: 5-0, 6-0 Brady Johnshoy (Minnesota). 

5th Round:  John Fahy (Kentucky) -- BYE

People to watch out for (in order of estimated toughness):

Mark Grey (New Jersey)

Eric Friedman (Maryland)

Derek Elmore (Illinois)

Courtland Hacker (Colorado)

Sawyer Farris (Iowa)

82 on Caleb and Jordan's bracket.  Good luck guys.  Both have first rounds against people without players cards, so we don't know much about them.

It is good that they went to HS weight classes allowing for smaller brackets.  Back when I went, the weight classes were 123, 132, 142, 151, 160 in comparison to todays 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 152, 160.  Due to the smaller number of weight classes, at 132 we had 156 competitors which would be hard to complete under todays restrictions of 2 days.  Back then we took 1 week for each portion (freestyle and greco).

It looks like Caleb and Jordan have 1st round wins.  Great job!  Keep em rolling.  2 more wins for the KY.  What is that 6 or 7 so far total w/o a loss? 

Caleb tech over Milton (IN) and Jordan 6-2/4-1 dec MITTLEIDER (ND). 

I hate counting the totals before the tourney is over, it feels like we are cursing our kids in the next round and this next round is important as Caleb goes against a tough Michigan wrestler who is already an All American as he placed 5th in the Greco Roman portion.

Match #1 Caleb Ervin (Kentucky) over Matt Milton (Indiana) TF 6-0,7-0

Match #2 Daniel Osterman (Michigan) over Caleb Ervin (Kentucky) Dec 3-0,4-0

Match #1 Jordan Murphy (Kentucky) over Brent Mittleider (N Dakota) Dec 6-2,4-1

Match #2 Eric Mateo (Missouri) over Jordan Murphy (Kentucky) Dec 7-5,1-2,4-2

It looks like I opened my mouth to soon.  I shouldn't of stepped on the chalk line.  Good luck on your next round boys. 

John is now one win away from being a Cadet All American.  His next match is agains Eric Friedman of Maryland who competed in the Greco and was tied for a placement match but lost due to points earned.

Round 3:

Caleb Ervin (Kentucky) wins by fall 5-4, 0:51 defeating Austin Wilson (Nebraska)

Ryne Cokeley (Kansas) wins by fall 7-1, 0:21 defeating Jordan Murphy (Kentucky)

Jordan is now out, but was a Kentucky Success in winning a round.  It takes a lot to do that out in Fargo, so congratulations!!