K Tilt

Alpha Weight Assessments @ Doss High School

We'll be doing weight assessments again this year at Doss for $10. 

Plan on 3-4 dates...to be determined soon in conjunction with our Sports Medicine program.

Stay tuned.

ah, nope.  And even if it is at your home school, it isn't free.  The assessment person costs money and you can be sure the general fund paying for that person is also collecting from your sport.

I know up here in Nky.  We had ours done by the St. E. Sports Medicine.  They did the assesment for free.  At least neither our kids or our school had a fee.  

It is also able to be done by your athletic trainer or nurse at your school.  The only cost is the hydration strips.  

Just like last year, our athletic trainer will do weight assessments for Doss wrestlers and any wrestlers or teams in the Louisville area that needs weight assessment.

Stay tuned for more info.

My team went to Doss last year for the assessment and the AD left because we were 10 minutes late (Stuck in traffic).  We drove back across town and Tim Amshoff at Fern Creek waited for us and did if for $5 a wrestler.  Needless to say I don't have high praises for the AD at Doss.

My team went to Doss last year for the assessment and the AD left because we were 10 minutes late (Stuck in traffic).  We drove back across town and Tim Amshoff at Fern Creek waited for us and did if for $5 a wrestler.  Needless to say I don't have high praises for the AD at Doss.

Trust me nobody does.

Not sure if Tim will still be doing alpha weight assessments here at Fern Creek since he's no longer the AD...maybe someone who doesn't work at FC should contact him and find out.  If so many people have used him in the past, it may be prudent to get an answer as early as possible

you probably know it as "fat testing" - hopefully that clarifies things a bit for you.

Or as coach Jason would say "Fat test analysis screening examination"