bluegrassbrawler

Best wrestler never to win a state championship?

How was that the weekside of the bracket? every wrestler he wrestled from the first match placed. look at the podium. 1 through 8. only the 1 and 3 were on that side. the 2 4 5 6 7 8 were on his side which he wrestled the 4 5 6 7 and 8

I think that if Ashbrooke was on Issacs side or Choate, then the best he would of had was 3rd.  He got lucky to not be on either side of the best 2 wrestlers in that weight class.

i think malcom jackson from fern creek is a good one

yeah he was really good, just one step behind bryan peace. well maybe a few more than one step lol...he got handled pretty well...

I think that if Ashbrooke was on Issacs side or Choate, then the best he would of had was 3rd.  He got lucky to not be on either side of the best 2 wrestlers in that weight class.

I second that one.

i still say daniel thuneuman

that kid was a joy to watch

his semi against courtney his senior year was absolutley amazing

ihe lost to the kid who won state every year and ended up with 3rd 3 years in a row hes the bext in my book

hahahha i remember at the dragon his senior year he got pissed off cause he beat the kid 13 to nothin in the finals and couldnt tech him

ihe lost to the kid who won state every year and ended up with 3rd 3 years in a row hes the bext in my book

hahahha i remember at the dragon his senior year he got pissed off cause he beat the kid 13 to nothin in the finals and couldnt tech him

lol wow... what a change...

He was pissed against Courtney in the semis and went on a takedown rampage.

Golsby must've had a bad match or got down and gave up. Regardless, I doubt Cooper would have walked through state. Ervin beat Banks which that in itself should show that not only would Ervin have hung with Cooper but probably would have beat him. I give Golsby the benefit of the doubt and say he had a good state tournament run because alot more was on the line. Also Cooper may have wrestled Golsby before being from northern ky. We could go on all day though about who would have won but the fact is it will never happen.

josh cooper earlier that year stuck scott wheeler larue's 160 pounder in under a minute had no problem at all if i'm not mistaken wheeler nearly beat wolseifer later that year at state josh would have walked all over pat banks and ervin there's no contest here

Why couldn't Josh Cooper wrestle at state?

he had a staph infection in his knee.  the story i heard was his knee was bothering him a little bit so a doctor wanted to drain some fluid from his knee and they think that gave him a staph infection.  he ended up having to be hospitalized i believe.  he wrestled at regionals and pinned to the finals and i think forfeited in the finals.  his knee was swollen to the size of his thigh.  he couldn't bend it and it looked very painful.  i agree he would have won state.  ervin might have given him a match, but he would have been big time under dog.  cooper could have handled golsby every time they wrestled (not a bad match as the bear suggested before).  didn't cooper win the GMVWA that year?

i mean choate and isaacs is always gonna be a one point match. and ashbrook and isaacs is always close to.

I dont think this is true.  If Choate had not been hurt most of the year you would of seen a more explosive offensive wrestler then what you seen at State.  Ask anyone that seen him wrestle over the summer when he was 100%  He would of beat Issacs by at least 5 if that was the case.

Sammy Isaacs doesn't come close, don't get me wrong a 3x placer (8, 4, 2) is a pretty good career but there have been many that have had better careers that didn't win it.  Ashbrook was the class of last years 152's but obviously had a bad match in the semis and didn't get it done.  He might get a vote from me having placed 8th, 3rd, 2nd and 3rd.

Sammy Isaacs doesn't come close, don't get me wrong a 3x placer (8, 4, 2) is a pretty good career but there have been many that have had better careers that didn't win it.  Ashbrook was the class of last years 152's but obviously had a bad match in the semis and didn't get it done.  He might get a vote from me having placed 8th, 3rd, 2nd and 3rd.

I believe the class of the weight class is decided at the end of the year in the finals.  Ashbrooke wasn't there.  Ashbrooke was a great wrestler dont get me wrong, but Choate beat him and was the class of the 152's.  If he hadn't got hurt earlly in the season, I really do believe he would of only had one loss last year.  That loss was his first match and was to Wolfsiefer. 

I was ranked #1 all year and majored and pinned my way to the semi finals, I had a terrible match and he capitalized on that.  He beat me but losing that match is what has pushed me through my current college career and what has given me the drive and determination to overcome the loss and become something better than a state champ. I have goals of being an all-american and a national champ and wont quit till I achieve those goals. I think about losing that match everyday and will wrestle it a million times in my life but it is what pushes me through college wrestling.  If losing that match is the worst thing that happens to me in my life, then I will have done pretty good for myself lol.  I had a long career at Harrison County and enjoyed every minute of it. Being a 4X state placer is not to shabby but it doesn't satisfy me thats why I'm wrestling on the next level and have a chance to be an All American and wrestle on a great team with great coaches.

I was ranked #1 all year and majored and pinned my way to the semi finals, I had a terrible match and he capitalized on that.  He beat me but losing that match is what has pushed me through my current college career and what has given me the drive and determination to overcome the loss and become something better than a state champ. I have goals of being an all-american and a national champ and wont quit till I achieve those goals. I think about losing that match everyday and will wrestle it a million times in my life but it is what pushes me through college wrestling.  If losing that match is the worst thing that happens to me in my life, then I will have done pretty good for myself lol.  I had a long career at Harrison County and enjoyed every minute of it. Being a 4X state placer is not to shabby but it doesn't satisfy me thats why I'm wrestling on the next level and have a chance to be an All American and wrestle on a great team with great coaches.

And I am sure you will be an All-American a few times over, including a national champ.

Just beat up on James Linker while you are there for me, he owes me money still... lol.  Hey, he's a former PRP 152 like Choate, use that as motivation when wrestling him.

Nice post.  It sounds like you have a long and illustrious life ahead of you.  Good Luck.

Just beat up on James Linker while you are there for me, he owes me money still... lol.  Hey, he's a former PRP 152 like Choate, use that as motivation when wrestling him.

Linker and I wrestle all the time, I cycle through him and Bryan Wells during our live go's and matches.  He's a great guy and wrestler. We actually wrestled at the Maroon and Grey Classic thispast Oct.

Jason Booher from Campbell Co. in the late 90s. He was 4th as a junior, 3rd as a senior. At state duals his senior year teams would forfeit to him even though they had a 189 pounder. He was dominating kids all year, and even beating on Campbell's 215 who went on to win state. He then ran into Dave Moore from Henry Clay in the semi finals.