Sign in to follow this  
ankle_pick111

Harrison Courtney vs John Wolsiefer

This was directed toward Mack, by the way. Sorry for any confusion.

yea its kool and fun to talk about it. but it goes for harrison all the time, or fahy, or zarth, or somebody thats on top. like this is the 4th or 5th time ive seen people talk about how, this person would beat harry or, this person is better on his feet. but inthe end harrison has proven to be the best so leave it alone.

yea its kool and fun to talk about it. but it goes for harrison all the time, or fahy, or zarth, or somebody thats on top. like this is the 4th or 5th time ive seen people talk about how, this person would beat harry or, this person is better on his feet. but inthe end harrison has proven to be the best so leave it alone.

Exactly the point that I've been stressing on these polls. Until someone is beaten, they are the best and noone can beat them. Like with Fahy and Courtney.

thats because who wants to sit around and talk about a wrestler not everyone knows? why talk about whether or not the 19th ranked kid will beat a 20th ranked kid in another weight. it's no fun, because not everyone knows who those kids are. i will sit around and talk about whether or not a kid on my team can beat a kid on another team with people that know both of the kids, but im not going to talk about it on here. i will however talk about wrestlers everyone knows, such as zarth, courtney, thueneman, or who ever else comes up for discussion. it just so happens, that most of the wreslters everyone knows, happen to be the best, or close to the best in their weight class. thats how they became known.

Well I think Johny only lost like one match his last two years if I'm correct. Johny vs. Courtney would be a legit match I think if anyone would give Courtney a match it would be him or Mitch. I mean I consider all of these guys to be on the same level because you see how dedicated there were even during the offseason. Johny I saw at an offseason tournament almost every weekend up in indiana ect. Mitch had a whole wrestling facility so I'm sure he had no trouble working during the offseason :wink: Courtney of course probably works his tail off during the off season as well. All three hard working athletes with great technique, all had good conditioning, great talent, and the heart to win. That's why there is 8 state championships between the three of them. I'd pay to see these guys go at it, too bad Mitch is broken, Johny's probably out of shape which leaves Courtney left to win by default haha (Just a joke guys)

Well I think Johny only lost like one match his last two years if I'm correct. Johny vs. Courtney would be a legit match I think if anyone would give Courtney a match it would be him or Mitch. I mean I consider all of these guys to be on the same level because you see how dedicated there were even during the offseason. Johny I saw at an offseason tournament almost every weekend up in indiana ect. Mitch had a whole wrestling facility so I'm sure he had no trouble working during the offseason :wink: Courtney of course probably works his tail off during the off season as well. All three hard working athletes with great technique, all had good conditioning, great talent, and the heart to win. That's why there is 8 state championships between the three of them. I'd pay to see these guys go at it, too bad Mitch is broken, Johny's probably out of shape which leaves Courtney left to win by default haha (Just a joke guys)

ok harry didnt lose any matches his last two years if im correct. you said these guys are on the same level because of there dedication, if johnny was so dedicated where was his senior year. not looking to fight just making a point. ok johny was at a tourny every weekend, courtney is in the wrestling room mons, and weds, has been since he was in the 6th grade, in the off season...all summer..all fall...wrestles the season only to go back to the room for spring and to start all over in the summer. not to mention he also goes to a tourny  many weekends. and to make a point about kaseys post. ok so your saying it is more logical to talk about two wrestlers that will never meet....ever, than to talk about two kids  one ranked one spot above the other, and both still wrestle??? i give up on you.

I may have been too rough on Johnny earlier.  He was a very talented wrestler.  I was just very disappointed in his not being able to wrestle his senior year.  Since I do not know all the specifics to his situation, I should have made the statement that he wasn't dedicated enough.  Hopefully whatever happened has made him a better person who will support the wrestling community for years to come.

I may have been too rough on Johnny earlier.  He was a very talented wrestler.  I was just very disappointed in his not being able to wrestle his senior year.  Since I do not know all the specifics to his situation, I should have made the statement that he wasn't dedicated enough.  Hopefully whatever happened has made him a better person who will support the wrestling community for years to come.

same here i like johnny hes always kool around me, but the point is if for some reason these two saw each other in the street and just randomly started wrestling, harry would win.

same here i like johnny hes always kool around me, but the point is if for some reason these two saw each other in the street and just randomly started wrestling, harry would win.

that would be pretty sweet

Just to to think about it. Man, Fern Creek got hit HARD. Their 2 time state returning state champion didn't return, and then their state runner up (Deon Chaney) didn't return either. Then they had 3rd place Tommy Warren not return either. Man, they got hit HARD.

Just to to think about it. Man, Fern Creek got hit HARD. Their 2 time state returning state champion didn't return, and then their state runner up (Deon Chaney) didn't return either. Then they had 3rd place Tommy Warren not return either. Man, they got hit HARD.

Just to slightly clarify...Fern Creek did get hit hard, but that was because of a lack of desire out of the graduating class of 2008.  That team had so much talent and potential, but it seemed  like the group as a whole kind of burned out on wrestling.  And that's taking nothing away from Weixler, Branch, Mann, or Harden who all gave it everything they had...Johnny, Deon, Ben...those guys would rather do other things..

Just to slightly clarify...Fern Creek did get hit hard, but that was because of a lack of desire out of the graduating class of 2008.  That team had so much talent and potential, but it seemed  like the group as a whole kind of burned out on wrestling.  And that's taking nothing away from Weixler, Branch, Mann, or Harden who all gave it everything they had...Johnny, Deon, Ben...those guys would rather do other things..

This was pretty much the point that I was trying to stress. Man, it really is upsetting. Like, I've been to so many camps and clinics where Johnny would just sit in a corner while technique was being taught, then when it came time for live wrestling he would jump in. Why even waste your money?

How about Courtney VS a 2000 Lb  bull ? I say the bull.

Yeah. I would have to agree. I think that even Courtney's vicious top game isn't strong enough to keep a buckin' angry bull down.

Ky10,

I didn't know Wolisefer personally. I just call it how I see it. While Johny was wrestling, I think after his second title he was very dedicated. I'm sure he was practicing during those weeks in the off season as well. I'm not questioning HC's conditioning, but you can't tell me when John was dedicated ( I think he peaked out his junior year so I'll say then) versus a 160 HC wouldn't be a good match. They both weren't cutting that much weight, they are very similar in many ways I just cannot see how either one could dominate each other like some people are saying.

Ky10,

I didn't know Wolisefer personally. I just call it how I see it. While Johny was wrestling, I think after his second title he was very dedicated. I'm sure he was practicing during those weeks in the off season as well. I'm not questioning HC's conditioning, but you can't tell me when John was dedicated ( I think he peaked out his junior year so I'll say then) versus a 160 HC wouldn't be a good match. They both weren't cutting that much weight, they are very similar in many ways I just cannot see how either one could dominate each other like some people are saying.

when did i say it wouldn't be a good match. where ,show me. it would be the match of the year putting the Osbourne vs Zarth finals match to shame. two titans battling it out would be amazing. the argument im making is that at the end of the 6 mins (provinding someone doesnt get stuck, and its not a consolation match :-D) harrison would have more points on the board. I see what you mean about how like people are saying that harry would win 19-20 times, and that might not be true, a little exagerated, it would not be that big of a domination. but its home cookin, i think harry would win and thats all i have to say about this subject.

Ky10,

Johnny's junior year was right when he started losing interest. He started hanging with bad people, and his grades were getting bad. He told me that he was almost ineligible for his Senior year. He did the same thing with baseball, he just got burned out on it I guess. But while wrestling is a huge deal to all of us, he stepped his grades up his senior year from what I have gathered from talking to him.

Johnny's junior year was right when he started losing interest. He started hanging with bad people, and his grades were getting bad. He told me that he was almost ineligible for his Senior year. He did the same thing with baseball, he just got burned out on it I guess. But while wrestling is a huge deal to all of us, he stepped his grades up his senior year from what I have gathered from talking to him.

exactly, Johnny saw that theres more to life than wrestling, Harrison saw that through wrestling he could make a better life. Harrison is the wrestler, Johnny wanting something more. when it comes to wrestling, Harrison is the better man. And i love Forrest Gump, such and inspiring movie.

when did i say it wouldn't be a good match. where ,show me. it would be the match of the year putting the Osbourne vs Zarth finals match to shame. two titans battling it out would be amazing. the argument im making is that at the end of the 6 mins (provinding someone doesnt get stuck, and its not a consolation match :-D) harrison would have more points on the board. I see what you mean about how like people are saying that harry would win 19-20 times, and that might not be true, a little exagerated, it would not be that big of a domination. but its home cookin, i think harry would win and thats all i have to say about this subject.

Well when you pointed out Harrison's dedication it led me to believe that you though HC would smash John. That's my bad. I do think it would be a good match, I think HC would come out on top the majority of the time though. He just knows how to pull out the win. Ie. freshman year he beat Banks at OCSD, then lost to him at State Duals am I correct?, then when it really mattered he beat him again. So it goes to show even if John beat him the first time HC will most likely be the one to prevail. I don't think it will be a high scoring match though, both wrestlers know how to conserve their energy and most likely won't try many risky moves.

Well when you pointed out Harrison's dedication it led me to believe that you though HC would smash John. That's my bad. I do think it would be a good match, I think HC would come out on top the majority of the time though. He just knows how to pull out the win. Ie. freshman year he beat Banks at OCSD, then lost to him at State Duals am I correct?, then when it really mattered he beat him again. So it goes to show even if John beat him the first time HC [glow=red,2,300]will[/glow] most likely be the one to prevail. I don't think it [glow=red,2,300]will[/glow] be a high scoring match though, both wrestlers know how to conserve their energy and most likely [glow=red,2,300]won't[/glow] try many risky moves.

Should be Would, Would, Wouldn't. Just saying.

ok harry didnt lose any matches his last two years if im correct. you said these guys are on the same level because of there dedication, if johnny was so dedicated where was his senior year. not looking to fight just making a point. ok johny was at a tourny every weekend, courtney is in the wrestling room mons, and weds, has been since he was in the 6th grade, in the off season...all summer..all fall...wrestles the season only to go back to the room for spring and to start all over in the summer. not to mention he also goes to a tourny  many weekends. and to make a point about kaseys post. ok so your saying it is more logical to talk about two wrestlers that will never meet....ever, than to talk about two kids  one ranked one spot above the other, and both still wrestle??? i give up on you.

first of all, i said two kids in different weights, but one being ranked above the other at another weight. and second, i never said it was illogical to talk about that, or more logical to talk about hc or jw, i simply said it was MORE FUN to talk about two wrestlers a lot of people know of very well. try and up your reading game before posting next time.

first of all, i said two kids in different weights, but one being ranked above the other at another weight. and second, i never said it was illogical to talk about that, or more logical to talk about hc or jw, i simply said it was MORE FUN to talk about two wrestlers a lot of people know of very well. try and up your reading game before posting next time.

Im pretty sure "illogical" isn't a word.