Sign in to follow this  
moosenuckle

central tourn.

No chance of a weigh-in on Sat. morning rather than Friday Night?  Saturday mornings are better for the little guys as they weigh less in the morning and don't have to hold off on dinner until after 6/7 pm.

If your kids are going to hold off on dinner on Friday until after weigh ins wouldn't they also hold off on breakfast on Saturday until after the weigh ins?  What's the difference? 

Well, typically they eat dinner at 4:30 pm (not after a 6:00 pm weigh-in). Typically they eat breakfast at 8:30 am (since most weigh-ins are at 7:00 am in most states, and 8:00 am in KY, this doesn't change anything).

See the difference?

Well, typically they eat dinner at 4:30 pm (not after a 6:00 pm weigh-in). Typically they eat breakfast at 8:30 am (since most weigh-ins are at 7:00 am in most states, and 8:00 am in KY, this doesn't change anything).

See the difference?

I see what you are saying but I'd say mosts kids don't eat dinner at 4:30.  This is a moot point anyway since there is now a Saturday morning weigh in from 8-9.  Now your kids won't have to hold off on dinner to make weight.

I see what you are saying but I'd say mosts kids don't eat dinner at 4:30.  This is a moot point anyway since there is now a Saturday morning weigh in from 8-9.  Now your kids won't have to hold off on dinner to make weight.

Where has it been posted that there is a weigh in on Sat. (5/16) morning? What time is it?

Thanks.

Do all age groups get to wrestle in all styles (freestyle, greco, folkstyle, sombo)?  My boys (pee-wee / bantam) have participated in all styles except sombo before.  Speaking of sombo, will the ghee top be required or can the kids just wear a T-Shirt over their singlet, or what? 

I just want to know prior to the tournament what to expect so I can have my boys prepped.  I cannot afford a ghee top right now, so I would just not have them do the sombo if it is required.

Thank you for any info provided.

I was kind of hoping for the Central coach or Coach Smith to answer so I can get an official answer.  I also need to know the requirements on gear (specifically the ghee for sombo).

I was kind of hoping for the Central coach or Coach Smith to answer so I can get an official answer.  I also need to know the requirements on gear (specifically the ghee for sombo).

The ghee for Sombo will be provided there, and weigh In's are Friday 5-7 pm and Saturday 8 -9 am.

Sign in to follow this