RedSlash

All most a 5 Timer

Were you asking who was almost a 5-timer or just wanting to post about Courtney?  Joe Carr Jr. was also almost a 5-timer, losing in the finals as a freshman.

No Carr didn't get hurt his freshman year. At least I never heard he was. He wrestled Delk in semis that year who was a very physical wrestler. He might have had some unknown injury.

yea 119rider beat him :lol:

See now. Usually im the one that throws that tidbit of information out there, but some people on here don't like to be reminded of it. So I wasn't going to remind anyone. But you just had to go and do it didn't you? Lol  :-D

See now. Usually im the one that throws that tidbit of information out there, but some people on here don't like to be reminded of it. So I wasn't going to remind anyone. But you just had to go and do it didn't you? Lol  :-D

yea I had to :-o Because I was sitting right their watching the whole thing :roll:

yea I had to :-o Because I was sitting right their watching the whole thing :roll:

Haha well some of us aren't lucky enough to have been alive back then.

Ha ha well some of us aren't lucky enough to have been alive back then.

yea yea :lol: now you get a 64 man tourney for state :-o place in 1 tournament and you qualify. how simple is that.....We only had 4 regions just imagine how tough that would be today?

take our region for example: Union,Caldwell,Hoptown,Christian,Paducah,Ft.Campbell,Larue,Central Hardin,North Hardin,Ft.Knox.    Man you kids have it easy now lol lol lol

yea yea :lol: now you get a 64 man tourney for state :-o place in 1 tournament and you qualify. how simple is that.....We only had 4 regions just imagine how tough that would be today?

take our region for example: Union,Caldwell,Hoptown,Christian,Paducah,Ft.Campbell,Larue,Central Hardin,North Hardin,Ft.Knox.    Man you kids have it easy now lol lol lol

I wish that we would go back to the old ways of doing the State tournament. It would weed out almost all of the kids that don't belong there. But its all about money. I mean, every single year there are kids that don't even have to win a match at regionals they just have to make weight and there at state because theres only 3 or 4 kids at his or her weight in his or her respective region. Its all about money, three days worth of tickets, concessions, and hotels? Theres no way were going back to the old ways.

I agree, Districts, then Region, then State is far better.  When I wrestled in Michigan, if you lost either of the first two rounds at Districts, you were done, your season over.  You had to win the first two rounds to be in the final four of districts, then you wrestled for placement.  At region, there were only 8 wrestlers, so the better placement at Districts meant easier placement at Region.  Obviously only 4 men then made it to State from each of the 4 regions making a 16 man bracket.  Of course, I wouldn't have been against wrestling to the final 2 at each region and only allowing them to go to state making it an 8 man bracket at state and only giving out 4 medals.  But, I do also know a lot of people that have just had a rough draw for them (wrestler "A" can beat wrestler "B" who can beat wrestler "C" who beats wrestler "A") and they placed 5-8th and they were quite good, so I am not going to knock the 8 medals.

I agree, I like the old way a lot better. I know we want to see wrestling grow in popularity in Kentucky but watering down the field so to speak is not the answer. There may have been fewer teams back in the day but some of the wrestlers were just as tough. We had to earn the right 2 weeks in a ow to get to state. That's not always the fact nowadays. Some kids are just satisfied with making the tourney instead of wanting to get there and do something when they do make it.