Sign in to follow this  
Krauziewicz

Travis sullivan vs matt zarth

i think that matt would have dominated travis, especially if you choose travis from his senior year, and zarth from his senior year. hell id even take zarth his sophmore year over the senior travis. travis wasnt wrestling as well as he had in previous years his senior year, maybe this was due to the bump to 112. i dont know, but in my opinion zarth wins hands down, no problem.

i think that matt would have dominated travis, especially if you choose travis from his senior year, and zarth from his senior year. hell id even take zarth his sophmore year over the senior travis. travis wasnt wrestling as well as he had in previous years his senior year, maybe this was due to the bump to 112. i dont know, but in my opinion zarth wins hands down, no problem.

If Sullivan had been in the same weight as Zarth, Zarth would come out on top every time no doubt. Travis was a thrower, you don't throw Matt Zarth, trust me i know. Glad to agree with ya Kasey.

umm i think matt beat corey spencer so i would say he could beat sullivan. he would prolly work sullivan on the ground but i could see sullivan maybe hitting a throw. 9 times out of ten i would say zarth

umm i think matt beat corey spencer so i would say he could beat sullivan. he would prolly work sullivan on the ground but i could see sullivan maybe hitting a throw. 9 times out of ten i would say zarth

even if sullivan hit the throw, no way in hell hes strong enough to hold zarth on his back and get the pin. and it is a nice change kentucky lol.

even if sullivan hit the throw, no way in hell hes strong enough to hold zarth on his back and get the pin. and it is a nice change kentucky lol.

Exactly. Half the battle would be setting the toss up. the other half is finishing. Zarth has the best hips i've seen, i think even if he got tossed, Zarth has the talent and the strength to counter it.

If this match would have happened I believe it would be a lot closer than everyone thinks. Sullivan is winning matches on a colliegate level at the moment. I would say the better match would be Sullivans freshman year in college (that way they are near the same weight) and Zarth's senior year. The only common opponent they have is Osbourne which Sullivan beat 8-6 his senior year and of course Zarth beat this year by the same margin. That alone should show this match would be a close one. I believe Zarth's strength would play as an advantage and Sullivan's speed would work for his. So basically it comes down to who has the better defense. I believe this is where Zarth's strength comes into play. Sullivan would work for the shots and be the aggresor but Zarth has a better defense and would have an easier time countering Sullivan's moves because of his strength. I would love to see this match though I believe it would be very fast paced and A LOT of action. Don't let Sullivan's last match fool you, if this match was set up just for fun I think Sullivan would go a little bit more all out on it. Zarth the same way, Osbourne is a great wrestler but I really think Zarth was holding back a little on his offense. Great match maybe we could see this at the BGSG this summer? Overall though I say Zarth comes out on top 8-6.

Wrestling now really wouldn't be fair to Zarth.  One year of wrestling in college makes a very BIG difference.

Okay, still if Sullivan was at the same weight his senior year as Zarth I'd still look at this match the same way.

If this match would have happened I believe it would be a lot closer than everyone thinks. Sullivan is winning matches on a colliegate level at the moment. I would say the better match would be Sullivans freshman year in college (that way they are near the same weight) and Zarth's senior year. The only common opponent they have is Osbourne which Sullivan beat 8-6 his senior year and of course Zarth beat this year by the same margin. That alone should show this match would be a close one. I believe Zarth's strength would play as an advantage and Sullivan's speed would work for his. So basically it comes down to who has the better defense. I believe this is where Zarth's strength comes into play. Sullivan would work for the shots and be the aggresor but Zarth has a better defense and would have an easier time countering Sullivan's moves because of his strength. I would love to see this match though I believe it would be very fast paced and A LOT of action. Don't let Sullivan's last match fool you, if this match was set up just for fun I think Sullivan would go a little bit more all out on it. Zarth the same way, Osbourne is a great wrestler but I really think Zarth was holding back a little on his offense. Great match maybe we could see this at the BGSG this summer? Overall though I say Zarth comes out on top 8-6.

very good points bear

bear makes some good points, but as stated, one year college wrestling is huge. give zarth his year in college, if he decides to and we'll see the leaps and bounds he makes. i do agree with them going all out if there was nothing to lose, but i dont like using osbourne as a common opponent. michael was good two years ago, but improved tremendously this year. he placed fourth at 112, and runner up at a much tougher 119, that alone shows the improvements. so to me zarths victory was better than travis's.

I'd say Zarth beats him right now, without any college experience.  Sullivan never impressed me like most Wayne Co wrestlers because all they know how to do is throw.

I'd say Zarth beats him right now, without any college experience.  Sullivan never impressed me like most Wayne Co wrestlers because all they know how to do is throw.

Your joking... right? Apparently you've never watched Wayne Co. wrestlers.

what does that even mean jpizar83 if your good at throwing then do it.

Then you could say zarth only has a shot?

what does that even mean jpizar83 if your good at throwing then do it.

Then you could say zarth only has a shot?

I never said I was good at it.  I've always been taught how to defend against it so it's usually been pretty easy to beat their wrestlers.  Now that I'm a little older I would say that I'm a decent thrower but by no means great.

Your joking... right? Apparently you've never watched Wayne Co. wrestlers.

Actually I've watched quite a few and wrestled more than one and I would say my statement is correct because, their offensive moves for the most part, all I've seen is upper body moves which almost always consists of some type of throw.  Now I give credit to Wayne Co for being damn good at them but that seems to be their entire offense and strategy.  Personally I would never want to live and die by one overall position like upper body, shots, snaps, turning, 5 pt moves from the bottom etc.  The best wrestlers are excellent at two or more of the listed "positions" and Wayne Co seems to have only mastered one.  Sorry but I think the rest of the state would agree with me.

I've only watched some of the Wayne Co. boys at the state tournament and at off season tournaments but, to me they have awesome leg attacks. I remember watching Travis hit sweet singles and doubles at the state tournament and that's where I based his speed. Also Bryan Daniels and Cody Vinsant had great shots. They were all decent leg riders and Troxell is a natural leg rider due to his body type. I think, besides Travis, they were all better mat wrestlers in my opinion. Travis had a full aresanal in his nuetral game though, throws, trips, and leg attacks. Who knows though I may be wrong but to my observation I believe there would be no blow out between TS and MZ. A better match though I would say would be Cody Vinsant and Matt Zarth, both closer to weight but, they have different styles. Cody is more long, lanky and Zarth is more stocky and explosive. Zarth would have the advantage on their feet but Vinsant would control Zarth on the mat. Zarth 1st 119, Vinsant 3rd 125. I'd say it would be pretty equal.

BTW TC125, I don't like using the Osbourne as common opponent either he has improved drastically in the past year from what I've seen.

I've only watched some of the Wayne Co. boys at the state tournament and at off season tournaments but, to me they have awesome leg attacks. I remember watching Travis hit sweet singles and doubles at the state tournament and that's where I based his speed. Also Bryan Daniels and Cody Vinsant had great shots. They were all decent leg riders and Troxell is a natural leg rider due to his body type. I think, besides Travis, they were all better mat wrestlers in my opinion. Travis had a full aresanal in his nuetral game though, throws, trips, and leg attacks. Who knows though I may be wrong but to my observation I believe there would be no blow out between TS and MZ. A better match though I would say would be Cody Vinsant and Matt Zarth, both closer to weight but, they have different styles. Cody is more long, lanky and Zarth is more stocky and explosive. Zarth would have the advantage on their feet but Vinsant would control Zarth on the mat. Zarth 1st 119, Vinsant 3rd 125. I'd say it would be pretty equal.

BTW TC125, I don't like using the Osbourne as common opponent either he has improved drastically in the past year from what I've seen.

no way vinsant could control zarth on the mat, zarths weakest link is nuetral, he is a monster on top and has crazy D from bottom.

no way vinsant could control zarth on the mat, zarths weakest link is nuetral, he is a monster on top and has crazy D from bottom.

Your opinion is biased therefore irrelevant.

Your opinion is biased therefore irrelevant.

but its not. just look at any of his matches. he get one take down and them rides or turns the person. elliot martin, take down, turn, ride. ethan miller, take ride. osbourne, take down ride. it seems to all be the same out come, he controls the match on the mat always.

but its not. just look at any of his matches. he get one take down and them rides or turns the person. elliot martin, take down, turn, ride. ethan miller, take ride. osbourne, take down ride. it seems to all be the same out come, he controls the match on the mat always.

Now that you mention it he does seem to only get one takedown usually and turns and pins.  However the finish he does off his high crotch is sweet.  He turns the corner and comes to his feet quicker than almost anyone I have ever seen.  Reminds of me Mike Pucillo from Ohio St just his is to the left side.