Sign in to follow this  
ridge44

Can someone help me on this question please?

I reccomand some spell check

i was typing in the dark, but i dont know what i should do, some people tell me to get more experiance on the matt, but others tell me that i should go to camps

Im going to 3 camps, going to my school's new offseason practices, wrestling every weekend with people about 60 pounds heavier then me, and im going to see if I can find a tournament or 2. So as you would probably guess I would reccomend hitting the mat all summer.

i believe that bashing on peoples spelling instead of answering questions is the exact thing coach mccoy was talking about when he said to cut out the crap on these forums.

but i would say to do both. at least get one camp in. i recommend a ryle camp that will be late in the summer. i went to the camp last year and got to wrestle a lot of good wrestlers like, osbourne, palmer, brown, and kyle ruchell and other coaches. also i wrestled with brian peace and mason reid was there. but camps give you experience in the way you get to wrestle a lot in a few days with good wrestlers. plus you will learn a few new things and usually one that you really like and will end up using next season. also you need to wrestle a ton in the off season. just get as much mat time you can. goto any open mats you can it makes a world of difference. i only wrestled 2 and half years and can honestly say i was only as good as i was because of summer wrestling.

Here's why he's asking. I told him that I wouldn't spend time and money on a camp that teaches advanced techniiques and wrestling styles when you're a first year wrestler. Until you can perfectly execute the basic fundamentals of wrestling, you don't need a granby or Chertow camp. For the next year or so, in my opinion, progress will be made almost soley due to mat time. Tournaments and clubs are what will push you to that next level where you're comfortable enough in your own style and the science of wrestling to really utilize advance instruction and techniques.

Here's why he's asking. I told him that I wouldn't spend time and money on a camp that teaches advanced techniiques and wrestling styles when you're a first year wrestler. Until you can perfectly execute the basic fundamentals of wrestling, you don't need a granby or Chertow camp. For the next year or so, in my opinion, progress will be made almost soley due to mat time. Tournaments and clubs are what will push you to that next level where you're comfortable enough in your own style and the science of wrestling to really utilize advance instruction and techniques.

yea for sure advanced camps are usually useless just because they show you 100000000 things and you go away remembering nothing. the ryle camp i was speaking of is a little slow on the drilling. they show basic things and they show a lot less than most camps. at the beginning of every session they would review. so as for a first year wrestler i would say they could goto this camp and be fine.

yea for sure advanced camps are usually useless just because they show you 100000000 things and you go away remembering nothing. the ryle camp i was speaking of is a little slow on the drilling. they show basic things and they show a lot less than most camps. at the beginning of every session they would review. so as for a first year wrestler i would say they could goto this camp and be fine.

Sounds good. I would definately recommend something like this, then. By the way, where did you say you were gonna be wrestling/fighting at over the summer? I'll try to come by.

yea i think im gonna do wat u said, but u dont kno how bad i want to place in state next year like 4real im gonna work really hard everyday by lifting weights nd going to clubs

ok kool were is ryle at? i jus wanna place in state my 2nd year of wrestling thats y i was wanting to go to a advanced camp u kno

Sounds good. I would definately recommend something like this, then. By the way, where did you say you were gonna be wrestling/fighting at over the summer? I'll try to come by.

ill be at the five star club in lexington a lot and ill be at woodfords club sometimes.

and i train at 4seasons mma if you want to come in that would be cool.

ok kool were is ryle at? i jus wanna place in state my 2nd year of wrestling thats y i was wanting to go to a advanced camp u kno

ryle is in northern kentucky in florence i believe its boone county im sure but someone will post some info on here about it whenever they have more info. but last year this camp didnt happen until real late summer so it will be a while before you hear anything about it, but ill make sure you get info on it. ill be going again this year just cause it so cheap and pretty fun.

ryle is in northern kentucky in florence i believe its boone county im sure but someone will post some info on here about it whenever they have more info. but last year this camp didnt happen until real late summer so it will be a while before you hear anything about it, but ill make sure you get info on it. ill be going again this year just cause it so cheap and pretty fun.

thanks man, ill go if i can get a ride up there, how long is the camp

You wanna go? I can take two people in my truck. 14 if the rest ride in the bed. lol

hah ok kool, thanks but whos the other guy we arae taking

Information about the camp at Ryle will be posted on the site as early as possible.  If you have questions you can contact Coach Ruschell at Timothy.Ruschell@Boone.kyschools.us    I'm sure he will be happy to know there is interest.

I went to a Granby camp after just my first year of wrestling and thought it was very beneficial. :-D  When you go to some of these big name camps, you still usually get a lot of mat time in.  Some of these camps offer some of the best in the nation to roll around with.  I really can not think of any disadvantages of going to any kind of camps, whether you being a first year or not.

granby also has different levels of wrestling to their camps, that way beginners work basics, and advanced wrestlers work other things.

i believe that bashing on peoples spelling instead of answering questions is the exact thing coach mccoy was talking about when he said to cut out the crap on these forums.

but i would say to do both. at least get one camp in. i recommend a ryle camp that will be late in the summer. i went to the camp last year and got to wrestle a lot of good wrestlers like, osbourne, palmer, brown, and kyle ruchell and other coaches. also i wrestled with brian peace and mason reid was there. but camps give you experience in the way you get to wrestle a lot in a few days with good wrestlers. plus you will learn a few new things and usually one that you really like and will end up using next season. also you need to wrestle a ton in the off season. just get as much mat time you can. goto any open mats you can it makes a world of difference. i only wrestled 2 and half years and can honestly say i was only as good as i was because of summer wrestling.

I bashed the spelling cause it was right there but I still answeared the question.