Sign in to follow this  
I-pinned-em-all

Professional Photography at KHSAA

Last year I hired a professional photographer during the state tournament to take pictures of my son. I was extremely pleased with the quality, professionalism and number of pictures we got back (several hundred).

This year, the photographer is willing to take pictures of 25 wrestlers. Each wrestler will be guaranteed to have approximately 50-100 pictures, or more. The pictures will be during warm up, wrestling, and after the match. These are all professional close up pictures. To assure good quality, there will be a strict limit of 25 wrestlers.

The cost will be $150 per wrestler. At the end of the tournament the wrestler will be given a disc of their pictures. These can be printed at your photo lab (Walmart for example) or displayed on your computer. Each wrestler will own the disc and there will be NO copy right limitations with the disc.

The photographer will have the bout numbers of each wrestler. I encourage parents to have pictures with your wrestler during the tournament. The photographer is excellent and the pictures will be cherished forever.

Contact Lee Redmond 606-564-9527 of Lee Redmond Photography.

Lee will require a deposit and full payment prior to taking any pictures.

First come first serve. This is money well spent.

This is a really great deal,  I am suprised people are not jumping all over this.  Who is the photographer by the way?  Do they have a portfolio I can see online?

I don't have a portfolio to share with you, but when my first kid was born, we used to go all the way from Louisville to Maysville to have this guy do pictures of the kid(s) and family a couple times per year.  He does an amazing job.

Lee Redmond's website is listed.

http://www.whereimagescometolife.com

For the record, any wrestler who signs up with Lee Redmond photography will get to date one of the pretty girls under "senior photography".

I am very surprised parents are not jumping on this deal. Lee Redmond will be at the 3 day tournament. Normally, it cost thousands of dollars to hire a photography, especially for 3 full days.

I will add that if your parents think they are going to take their own pictures of you, they are dreaming.  Tournament officials really clampled down on people getting anywhere near the mats in the last year or two so if you want any decent pictures, this is your only option.  Too bad they won't allow a few photographers so more kids can take advantage.

Try taking pictures from the stands with a point and shoot and see how great they turn out.  The civic center is a very hard place to take action shots in.  The low light itself makes it difficult.  There is a reason why you see proffesional photographers with $5000+ DSLR's and lenses during the finals on the side.  That kind of equipment is needed to take good pics in those conditions.

Try taking pictures from the stands with a point and shoot and see how great they turn out.  The civic center is a very hard place to take action shots in.  The low light itself makes it difficult.  There is a reason why you see proffesional photographers with $5000+ DSLR's and lenses during the finals on the side.  That kind of equipment is needed to take good pics in those conditions.

Agree completely.  A zoom doesn't go through all the people, officials and workers either.  Alot of people stand in the way of you seeing the match so unfortunately the best layed plans don't always work.  The professional photographer will be very near the mat so no obstruction.

Lee contacted me and indicated several parents would like to pay on Thursday at the tournament and he has agreed to this. He also told me each wrestler will likely have well more than 100 pictures providing they don't quick pin every match in 10 seconds and they don't go 2 and out.

Lee will be staying at the Civic center all 3 nights so you can also meet him in the room for additional pictures.

As of last count, there were not many spots left.

If > 25 wrestlers sign up, he will hire another photographer to provide full coverage.

Thanks for the commission offer, but no thanks. Seriously, too many times parents, me included, have great intentions of taking pictures and capturing precious moments. Unfortunately, if parents are like me, there always seems to be a distraction. At the end of a big event, I am left with distant red eye pictures from cell phones and disposable cameras.

By hiring a professional photographer for 3 days to take pictures of your son, parents can relax and enjoy. After the tournament it is fun to go through all of the pictures. His pictures provide a timeless preservation of the state tournament energy.

I thought it would be good to offer this to other kids and parents. If people want it, then great, if not, well that's OK too.