Sign in to follow this  
Ubtapinzson

Best Coaches

Lol I know and have worked with every single one of those kids so you don't have to get worked up on me.  I never said anything about Headley being better than Coach Carr, just that Headley is good.  Also if you notice this year's team is way down than past years.  Hmmm perhaps theres a reason for that, maybe because they started as freshman.  In years past the majority of our place winners and champs started in middle school.  BTW Derek Campbell wrestled in middle school and I wouldn't be surprised if Travis K, Bracco, and Semones did as well.

I know that all three of them did not start until their fresman year and Gentry didn't start until his sophmore year. Hid dad wanted him to put on weight for football so he worked on that his freshman year.

OK my list.

1.  Bankemper (Campbell)

2.  Matney (Sheldon Cl,/John Cen)

3.  Carr Sr. (Woodford)

4.  Anderson (Seneca)

5.  Walls (Union)

6.  Ruschell (Ryle)

7.  (Harrison Co.) Can't remember his name

8.  Coomes Sr. (East, still an assistant)

9.  (Wayne Co.) Can't remember his name eather

10.  Headley (Henry Clay)

10.  Paden (Larue)

Honerable mention

Badida (Conner) Loooong history

(Danville coach) Always has somethng with a really small team)

(Nelson Co coach) Bringing his team a long way in a short time.

Fiser (South Oldham)

Dingus Sr.  (Bourbon Co.) another with a loooong history.

Sorry I'm not trying to call you out but how can you not have Carr at the top of your list?  This is a serious question with no sarcasm intended.

BTW the Wayne Co coach is Upchurch and he has done a very good job with that program through the years.  Also I think the real LaRue coach is Canter, not Paden, but I could be wrong.  Other than the Coach Carr question I pretty much agree with your list.

jp:

The reason Carr is not higher is because he is unproven as a head coach.  Heck I don't think he is still the head coach.

As many has said on here, Mr. Carr is probably the best mat/technique coach however there is much more to it than that.  Without Mr. Parks the team does not seem to be doing as well.  I'm not in the wrestling room or at the school so I'm not sure what has happened. 

Truth is I considered him lower but gave him the benefit of the doubt.  With coach Parks next to him I would agree with you whole heartedly.  We will just have to wait and see what happens. 

Also I think the real LaRue coach is Canter, not Paden, but I could be wrong. 

Canter is the Head Coach at LaRue (and congrats to him for becoming a new member of the 5th Region Hall of Fame!!!!). Paden was an assistant in the late 90's up until 2001. He then took over the middle school program in 2003, and just resigned as MS coach last year. He is now a volunteer assistant with the High School.

Joe Carr Sr.  Best of the best.  With or without Parks.

No doubt, part of  the 5th best wrestling family in the world ( i think thats what USA Wrestling Mag said) silver medalist in Pan Am, SEC champ, etc it goes on and on. the man sets the bar to which every other coach tries to reach.

Facts are facts. Woodford has been in a decline since Coach Parks retired. I don't think it will stay that way because the Carr combo won't allow it. For now, it is what it is.

Facts are facts. Woodford has been in a decline since Coach Parks retired. I don't think it will stay that way because the Carr combo won't allow it. For now, it is what it is.

Sure, helluva decline too.  ;)  And you are right the Carr's won't allow it.  They understand excellence in a way not many other people ever will.

My money would be on Jim Kraiseg at X.  He was a helluva coach when i was there, as was Coach Garing.  Both men pushed every young man in that room to be the best of the best.  Jim to this day is someone who I proudly pattern myself after in many ways.  Great guy on and off the mat.

Exactly! We have been in a decline, but we deff won't be there for long. Our middle school team will feed our middle school with some decent wrestlers, and next year we may have a few kids step up and do something at regionals and state. Derek Cambell is a good example of how our freshman can step up, a freshman and in the region finals at a weight class where we had no one is a big bonus. maybe next year we will have another kid step up. Im not saying that we will be dominant while im at wofo, but come 3 or 4 years and i think that we will be winning stare titles again.