Sign in to follow this  
wrestling man

Region 6

What team is the strongest  

1. 1. What team is the strongest

• Campbell County
    • Ryle
    • Sk

BTW,  Was Supe returning champ at 125.  I thought it was 119.  Palmer, Osborne and Supe if he was champ are all returning champs.  Just out of curiosity does placing in state the prior year hold any weight in seeding?  You better be wearing a mouthpiece if your going to wrestle.  Tooth replacement after the tournament could be costly depending on the outcome. :-D

With Palmer being undefeated in Ky he will likely get the number one seed. Being a state runner-up certainly has some impact, but, I'm not sure how much. If he was runner-up at 119, then yes, with it being so much lower, probably less of an impact. I guess coaches will decide. The overall record this year will be important as well. Schneider won 4 big Ohio tournaments and has a very good record. If Supe is at 119, I doubt there will be a big challenge either way. If Supe remains 125, I think there will be a heavy debate and will come down to all the coaches voting on it. Criteria will probably be equal.

I agree this could and should be a great region 6 tournament. There are 4 maybe 5 head to head matches between Ryle and CC, 103, 125, 152, 160, and possibly the big boys. Not sure about 112, will depend on seeding, but no doubt, 112 is a huge weight group for both teams.

When did they wrestle?  I thought Lonkard wrestled Jones at NKAC.

He did, im pretty sure lonkard-bates wrestled at ryle rumble. lonkard-Hale wrestled at NKAC.

He did, im pretty sure lonkard-bates wrestled at ryle rumble. lonkard-Hale wrestled at NKAC.

You are correct-they did wrestle at the Rumble and your earlier post of Bates over Lonkard 3-0 was correct.  Gold star for you-good memory.

Once again, importance in seeding

1. head to head

2. victories against common opponants

3. overall record

4. last years accomplishments (less important)

5. "He's a good kid" or something like that which is said at every seed meeting and means almost nothing

not important

1. beating someyone else from the same team

2. winning a tournament that the other seed candidate was not at example: Black wno the NKAC Mace won the Dragon

Mace vrs. Black for #1 seed at regional will be based on common opponants and overall record because they have not wrestled head to head. If Black wrestles the Trinity kid this weekend or some other common opponant that will determine the seed

I am assuming that Caleb Schneider beat Supe?

ill add more to this debate. i have beaten caleb, and i have lost to supe. so if supe stays 125 then i give the one seed to palmer hands down, for beating supe. the the 2 and 3 seeds dont matter, but get handed out to supe and caleb, with supe most likely getting the 2 seed because he beat me, and i beat caleb. record plays no role, or shouldnt, because of common opponents.

thanks for the clarification.  Where does my dad can beat your dad fall in the criteria?

hahahaha that should be the 1st criteria lol  :lol:

Mace vrs. Black for #1 seed at regional will be based on common opponants and overall record because they have not wrestled head to head. If Black wrestles the Trinity kid this weekend or some other common opponant that will determine the seed

They had a common opponent at the Rumble.  Black teched Duyzk from HC..........Duyzk beat Mace at the same tourney.  Have Black and Adams from Conner wrestled?  This weekend will be interesting.  

I am getting a little older but I am not absolutely certain that Court wrestled in the Rumble.  I thought Josh Parker wrestled at the Rumble but I am sure someone has a better memory than me.

I am getting a little older but I am not absolutely certain that Court wrestled in the Rumble.  I thought Josh Parker wrestled at the Rumble but I am sure someone has a better memory than me.

They both wrestled in the Rumble.  (Parker and Mace)  And the results listed above vs the common opponent of Mace and Black are correct.  This information can be found on baumspage.com.  Look under Raider Rumble Results.  

ill add more to this debate. i have beaten caleb, and i have lost to supe. so if supe stays 125 then i give the one seed to palmer hands down, for beating supe. the the 2 and 3 seeds dont matter, but get handed out to supe and caleb, with supe most likely getting the 2 seed because he beat me, and i beat caleb. record plays no role, or shouldnt, because of common opponents.

I'll complicate this one more for your benefit KH.  Schneider beat the kid from Sycamore at the Rumble and he beat Palmer.  So Schneider has a common opponent advantage over Palmer.  This one could get ugly.

Who won between Bates and Lonkard? That will decide the number 3 or 4 seed. This will be very important. Hale beat Lonkard therefore he will be seeded higher. No one wants to be number 4 seed as Norbury will be the champ. A head to head of Lonkard vs Hale could be a big deciding factor in team region champ.

i can see lonkard beating bates and hale he just needs to keep his confidence up he's really talented i just don't think he realizes it yet maybe he'll click by regionals

if everything goes  good john should get 2nd seed at regional

It really does'nt matter if he gets 3 seed or 2nd seed. Either way him and Bates will be in the semi-finals