Sign in to follow this  
Louisville Wrestling

124lb weight class!!!!

Please refer to Kevin Cooper as "THE" Kevin Cooper...And he wrestles for Twenhofle

He could win any weight class he plans on going from 124- 140 maybe even 150, this kid is that good!

Unless he quits wasting his time wrestling for these school teams and focuses on the next Olympics.

I saw the kid from Elkhorn Creek wrestle at the Madison duels a week ago and I gotta say he was pretty impressive. He had good technique mixed with quickness and strength. He should be a pretty tough match for anyone at state.

Well, I gotta tell you! I've been keeping up with Hunter French from River City all season and he's someone to definitely watch! He wrestled the Elkhorn kid and the kid from North Oldham and beat both of them! Sounds like it would be a great match up if French & Cooper go at it! I believe he wrestled up at the time when he beat the Elkhorn kid! The only thing going against Hunter French at the moment is the he's just coming off a 3 week lay off from a hand injury!

Hunter was having a great season before the injury and he is a good wrestler. I don't think he has any chance at all against Cooper at 124. If Cooper goes 124 he will run thru the weight class. Nothing against anyone else in the weight class but Cooper is just that much better than everyone else. I haven't seen everyone in the state wrestle but of those I have seen it is Cooper on top and everyone else on the next tier. But then again that's why we wrestle the matches.

I'm 99% sure that this weight class can be relieved that Keven Cooper will not be at 124.

He will be wrestling 131 for middle school.  My son has wrestled him twice at this wt. and I have asked if he will stay at 131, and I got everything but a definite yes. 

And you are correct he would probably win any wt. from 124-150.  My son's only losses at 131 in KY are to him and they weren't even close.

What has happened to Wyatt Courtney (131) from Woodford? I saw him wrestle at the beginning of the season for Woodford but the last couple of times I've seen Woodford wrestle he hasn't been there. I didn't know if he got injured or exactly what happened. He looked pretty good early on is why I ask.

I wrestled with French this summer and I could beat him and i was a bit lighter than he was at the time. This year I wrestle 125 at high school and Cooper is TOUGH. I dont see why he wrestles 119 at the high school level and 131 at middle school