Sign in to follow this  
me

heavyweight

For a first year wrestler keep an eye on the Fern Creek heavy.  He has been real close in some of his losses.  Physically he is a beast but he lacks experience.  He will not go unnoticed.

If I were to pick I would say Parker from East Oldham or the kid from Larue Co. are the two to beat.

But I could be wrong....

For a first year wrestler keep an eye on the Fern Creek heavy.  He has been real close in some of his losses.  Physically he is a beast but he lacks experience.  He will not go unnoticed.

If I were to pick I would say Parker from East Oldham or the kid from Larue Co. are the two to beat.

But I could be wrong....

its middle school...arent many of these wrestlers first years?

tc125;

Have you not been paying attention to what is going on in KY?

Not only do we have a well established middle school program but KY also has a very good elementary program.

Plus;  If a middle school wrestler is in the 8th grade he probably has been wrestling one year if not since at least the 6th grade.  The days of 1st year wrestlers being in the 8th or 9th grade are far and few between anymore.

Cosby took down Fern Creek,Union,Trinity and North Oldhams heavy this weekend at state duals all by pin in 1st period he is 29-0 all but one by pin.

How did Anderson do at the state duels?

Cosby from Anderson is very good and I believe he is only in 7th grade.  Going to be a fun state final but I still think the heavy from Larue Co. is the one to beat.

The wrestler to beat at 185 and Heavyweight will be the brothers from Whitley. 

The Vanover Brothers. I haven't seen them this year but they were very good last year. I agree with you that they are the ones to beat at 185 and HWT. Anything can happen though, and at the state tournament anything can and will happen. Just ask Newberry (LaRue) he got pinned in the finals at 185 two years ago. The Henderson County kid had a mean headlock and pinned Newberry. They could have wrestled 20 more times and Newberry wins every time  except for the time it counted. He didn't make that mistake again the next year he went out and took care of business.

I don't remember about Whitley's heavy but their 185 I saw at Danville's tourney over xmas - WOW. Very impressive. I have to say right now he's got to be the one to beat for state at 185.