Sign in to follow this  
Cmlswrstlng

NKAC

Both Minnesota and Wisconsin have state dual meet Tournaments.  I also know MN duals are the same weekend as state.  

as an example.  

Morning session Class I  duals   Class II individual

evening Class I individual  Class II duals

This makes state three days long and a few kids wrestle in both but they have been doing this for years and it has seemed to work.

Sounds like I struck a nerve with I-pined-no-one.  There has never been a state champ or state placer ever move to Ryle.  They trained and they became state champs or state placers at Ryle (big difference).  All of the other State champs Ruschell, Aylor, Peace, Reid all wrestled for Gray.  Hogben(Michigan), Fassbender(Ohio), and Koehler(Upper Ohio) they are not from our area.  I never said CC made anyone go there.  That was just funny that CC is trying to make the wrestling around here better with kids from other schools that are around here. As for Blackmore they moved so Jordan could wrestle remember Boone didn't have a program.  The difference between Ryle and Boone at that time Ryle was interested in having a wrestling team.  I didn't say look back since Ryle program started to find kids that didn't attend Gray.  Look at there line-up right now and you can only find two kids that didn't wrestle for Gray.  Hogben moved from Michigan freshman year, And the heavy weight started two years ago.  Ryle didn't make a dime for the camp they host with Barry Davis, and Kyle Ruschell.  As for the Rumble if you don't think that happens any where else get serious.  It happens.

No nerve struck Cock21, you give yourself too much credit, again.

I respect your team and family pride for Ryle high school, bravo. But your pride shouldn't come at the expense of putting down other schools. Other people were apparently offended by Ryle not showing up to the NKAC with their varsity team. I wasn't offended, frankly, I didn't care. However, suck it up and realize, some people were. You can disregard their concerns or INTELLIGENTLY explain why Ryle didn't attend, or just ignore them. Unfortunately, you choose neither. Rather, you attacked another program, Campbell County, implying they are stealing wrestlers from other programs. Your retort was inappropriate and you falsely accused another school of bad behavior in order to justify Ryle's decision not to attend the NKAC.  I'm not sure how your convoluted mind justified the attack against CC and Coach Bankemper, perhaps you can explain or apologize.

Clearly, you have no intelligent point to make about Ryle, you just randomly go on the attack of other schools. Personally, I feel some of the comments made about Ryle were irrelevant and lacking merit. I believe Ryle has an excellent coaching staff and I would love to have my son wrestle for them if we lived closer.  Their hard core coaching style is more consistent with my personality and style.  I suggest you ignore the criticisms made by others or dispute them using logic and facts. But don't try to legitimize Ryle by putting down another school.  Calling your behavior childish is an understatement. (Some people may think my calling you Cock21 is childish, I thought it was down-right funny). If you didn't laugh at that, you need help, that was funny.

State champs like Blakemoore and Fassbinder move into Ryle's district and you feel their move was legitimate and Ryle accepting them was noble. But if a kid moves into the CC district they were stolen. An interesting spin, don't you think?

I will refer you to the St Paris Graham(SPG) thread. Notice, alot of wrestlers move to the SPG so their kids can wrestle for Jordan. Alot of kids go to CC so their kids can wrestle for Coach Bankemper. Both coaches have similiar reputations off the mat, CLASS. Likewise, I bet Blakemoore and Fassbender moved to Ryle because of Coach Ruschell's style and approach to wrestling. You should feel honored, not defensive.

Hogben moved to Ryle after his freshman year, that means he moved in his sophomore year. That year he placed in state. Where would your team be this year without the 2 "move ins"? Certainly, not where they are now. Heck, if Dusty Brown wouldn't have moved to CC and Hogben didn't move into Ryle, I bet Simon Kenton would have beat Ryle's varsity in the 2008 NKAC, lol, then we wouldn't be fighting right now, would we?

I find it totally amazing how someone's post can be totally turned around.  I don't have a dog in this fight and could really care less... but find the posts interesting... but mostly petty.  I have heard many rumors about kids "moving" into other school districts to join certain programs... and frankly don't much blame them if they feel it will better their kids... as long as they really move into those districts.  I have heard there are a few individuals that have changed schools but not actually moved into the schools district... that should not be allowed. 

For the record I did not read any criticism of CC or Coach B... I think he and his program is one to be commended... and I think there are some individuals on this thread looking for a fight where there isn't one.  The way I read the comment was more about the "moving" issue.

My hat goes to both the Ryle and CC programs... they are among the best in the state.

I find it totally amazing how someone's post can be totally turned around.....For the record I did not read any criticism of CC or Coach B...

You must have missed this post from rooster21:

"As for Campbell County caring about the other and making them better I think they should leave kids to wrestle for the schools they started at.  Campbell County is looking more and more like a Northern Kentucky All-Star Team.  That alone would have helped teams like SK, Newport, and Conner.  At that rate no school is safe.  Bishop Brossart better watch out."

I feel this was probably a bad choice of words by rooster21, as I know him fairly well and have talked about this exact subject with him personally and I don't believe he thinks truly that CC or Coach Bankemper did anything maliciously (i.e. recruited kids).  Cock21 (haha) point blank told me that.  I think it was a bit of tit for tat aimed at ccwrestler_oldschools comments that cc and the coach bankemper way helps NKY wrestling.  Sometimes you say stuff on here and regret it later, I know i have.  People who know Coach Bankemper will come out of the woodwork to defend him when people make comments like this.  If I made comments that Coach Ruschell ran a dirty program, I'd catch all kinds of hellfire on here from the Raider Nation.  You better believe that.  Well now Cock21 is catching the wrath of Barnie Nation.

I think ccwrestler_oldschool was trying to praise Coach Bankemper but in the same time this thread has been back and forth bickering about Ryle snubbing the NKAC.  I don't know, maybe they did, maybe they didn't.  I know at the end of the day all the high school coaches have only their kids to answer to.  If coach ruschell took his kids elsewhere for better competition I think that is great.  I absolutely salute him for doing it.  He has to think of the best interest of those kids.  As far as helping NKY wrestling, I agree Coach Bankemper will help anyone out.  But there is more than 1 way to help out NKY wrestling.  More than running camps and tournaments, Ryle has improved our area of wrestling by showing us all the way.  NKY had hardly nothing going on in youth/ms wrestling until Ryle stepped it up and showed us all the way.  Now we have some very competitive ms wrestling programs in this area that are on the rise.  I was truly impressed with Turkeyfoot, Woodland, Summit View, and Cooper recently when i seen them.  They're doing good things, getting their kids interested and working hard.  Ryle didn't reach out and start all these programs for us, but up until like 2000, Ryle was IT in this area.  Twenhofel & Conner started their programs using Ryle as a model.  We were all trying to be like them.  That alone has helped NKY wrestling tremendously.  The ryle coaches/parents in those days would do anything to help out ms & youth wrestling in this area.

All the praise of Ryle aside, can we all quit the accusations of recruiting at CC?  If you got a complaint, talk to the KHSAA or shut up about it.  Make sure your skeletons are out of your own closet before you do though.

Again... I think this thing is petty... but having said that... I do not believe any of the coaches are recruiting and if kids are jumping to other programs it is the parents and the school systems that should be ashamed of themselves if they are not doing it legitimately... meaning not moving into the school district.  If a school allows a student to come to their school the wrestling programs must accept them on the team... the coach has no option.  If the school doesn't do it's job of validating that the student lives in the district shame on them but it's not the coaches issue.  These guys have enough on their plate for the little to no pay they receive to spend time worrying about where the kids live.  These guys give so much and are repaid with petty criticism... I'd suggest we spend more time giving these guys, who provide rides to and from practice, meets, and tournaments; donate mats and supplies to other programs or pay for supplies out of their own pockets; take on the responsibility of the kids on away trips; provide shoes to those that need them (again out of their own pockets... actually saw one coach take their shoes off to give to a kid at practice that didn't have any); insure kids have food to eat (money out of their own pockets), and even provide tutoring when needed to keep grades up... let's give them a well deserved pat on the back.  It's no wonder we as a state have trouble finding and keeping quality coaches, assistants, and referees when we look for any/every excuse to find fault... they are just guys trying to do the right thing for the kids... your kids! 

I am sorry but you are kidding(I hope).  Would SK's coach even consider this?  Why don't we just skip the regional tourney and send the top 16 ranked kids to Frankfurt.  While were at it we can skip the state tourney(we could rank the kids at the beginning of the season and skip the whole thing). This is the kind of crap that keeps holding Ky wrestling back, no legitimacy.  As far as feeling snubbed, if for any reason Ryle goes to the state duals I am sure a lot more people will feel "snubbed".  What a joke!!

Michigan has Dual Districts, Regions, and State as well as Individual Districts, Regions, and State.

Dual Districts (approx 4 teams) is on the Wednesday prior to Individual Districts-16 man brackets- (Saturday), the top school from each district moves on to Dual Region (again 4 teams) the Wednesday following.  Individual Regions brings the top 4 wrestlers from two districts together and sends the top 4 wrestlers to state.  Dual State is the Friday and Saturday following Individual Regions and hosts 16 teams (in each division) running single elimination style.  Individual state is the following Friday and Saturday and is wrestled using 16 man brackets.