Sign in to follow this  
eville dad

Beast of the East 08

disappointing first loss for Josh Johnson, but you cant win em all i guess.

[glow=red,2,300]PLEASE KEEP THE UPDATES COMING![/glow]

do they place just the top 8? or does it go farther back?

im fairly sure its top 12...

wow, i had no idea beast of the east was so big. 64 MAN BRACKETS!!! thats rediculous for me to even think about how great it would feel to win a competition like that. especially with the competition being so tough. how did the idea of this tournament get started? and when? does anyone know for sure?

now you know why we've been making such a big deal over it and all these kids being seeded so high. and how i wish Harrison Courtney could attend this tournament. :(

So far today.

John Fahy  2-0

Myron Bradbury  2-0

Brad Hitchings    1st rd. bye

Josh Johnson 1-0

it says on the brackets that Bradbury had a first round bye, then won 5-4

yeah i knew it was a huge tournament, i just didnt know it was this huge. placing in that tournament has got to get anyone recognition.

tough match coming up for Josh Johnson.

but then again im sure every match here is tough for everyone. this tournament is so insane. even the #1 seeded returning champions arent dominating everyone like many of us would expect. returning second placer #1 seed at 130 Chris Villalonga only won his second match 9-0...

i bet its absolutely crazy being at this tournament

Round 3

Fahy - W 4-0 next the #1seed

Bradbury - L 6-1 to the #4seed

Hitchings - has the #9seed this rd.

Wrestlebacks

Johnson - W pin

Hitchings-W 10-2

Fahy, Hitchings are in the Quarter Finals. start 0900 tomorrow

Bradbury, Johnson are still in Consolations with 2 more Rounds tonight

Hitchings-W 10-2

Fahy, Hitchings are in the Quarter Finals. start 0900 tomorrow

Bradbury, Johnson are still in Consolations with 2 more Rounds tonight

great job to all of these guys. they're representing kentucky well. good luck to these guys tomorrow. i assume Fahy will be up first?

Johnson W 7-2

One more round to go for Bradbury, Johnson tonight.

i thought they were done for the day? let us now how they do.

Bradbury W 4-2

Johnson L 10-2 Out

disappointing that the wrestler we had seeded highest was the first to be eliminated, but still 2-2 at the beast of the east is nothing to be ashamed of, Johnson will have another shot at it.

good job to all of these kids.

i predict him going undefeated through high school. but i really hope that he doesn't fall into the Travis Sullivan trap and stay at 103 for 65984456513264 years... i want to see him lift weights, get stronger, and compete at 125 in a couple years. then see how he can do at the collegiate level.

I get the feeling he has confidence enough in his abilities to move on up the ladder and not shrink himself down year after year. 

I get the feeling he has confidence enough in his abilities to move on up the ladder and not shrink himself down year after year. 

so do I. at least i really really hope so.

also, does anybody know why woodford didn't have any kids attending the beast? just imagine if Harrison Courtney went up there and dominated this tournament. Think of how that would draw attention to Ky, or at least to Harrison

Final results from day 1:

Hitchings 2-0 (Looked great both matches)

bye

W pin

W 10-2

In the quarters

Johnson 3-2 (Wrestled well.  2 tough losses)

W 5-4

L 3-0

W Pin

W 7-2

L 8-2 ??

Bradbury 3-1 (112 is loaded)

Bye

W 5-4

L 6-1 (Horan #4 seed, picked by many to be in finals)

W don't remember score

W 4-2 (OT) (Solid win.  Came back from 2-0 to tie and win in OT)

Fahy 3-0

W Pin

W 7-0

W 4-0 (Big win against Pendergaust from St. Marks, DE)

In the Quarters.  Next up Grey from Blair #1 seed.

Quarters are tomorrow at 9:00.

also, does anybody know why woodford didn't have any kids attending the beast? just imagine if Harrison Courtney went up there and dominated this tournament. Think of how that would draw attention to Ky, or at least to Harrison

beast of the east has a lot of good competition. i dont see harrison dominating his way through the tournament. hes good, but to say hes far above the rest of the east coast is a huge statement.

beast of the east has a lot of good competition. i dont see harrison dominating his way through the tournament. hes good, but to say hes far above the rest of the east coast is a huge statement.

hey, let a kid dream every once in a while! i was just sitting here imagining him pinning his way through the 64 man bracket! how awesome would that be!?!

hey, let a kid dream every once in a while! i was just sitting here imagining him pinning his way through the 64 man bracket! how awesome would that be!?!

i will admit that would be amazing to witness.

[quote author=tc125 link=topic=

5242.msg47698#msg47698 date=1229842525]

i will admit that would be amazing to witness.

i doubt that anyone has ever done this to be honest. just daydreaming. if he did this on top of being a 4x state champion, he could get a scholarship to any school he wanted.

im pretty positive the scholorships hes already getting will suffice for him just fine as long as he keeps his head on straight. he should go far in life with the lessons he has learned wrestling, and the future its setting up for him already.