Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings - 2008/2009 DEC 11

you are trying to make it sound like Harlow is a bad wrestler. Even though he has been off the mat for two years, that doesn't change the fact that Harlow beat the #8 rated wrestler in the state to get his starting spot. Harlow is a great wrestler from what I saw on Saturday and deserved to win that match. Nathan needs to just use that match to motivate him to work harder in practice

I wasn't trying to say Harlow is a bad wrestler in anyway. I personally think he's a great wrestler and was impressed with his performance yesterday. Someone just come up with the excuse that Gray hadn't had a full week of practice in. I was just stating that Ryan hasn't been able to wrestle for two years.

Well from what i can recall at regions he had a very stacked weight class and a bad draw. I think he was the 4 seed and ended up wrestling Parks or Voth (can't remember who was the one seed). He ended up having to wrestle shawn johnson in conso's and lost a very close match to him.

that with a mix of mono, he was pretty sick

That was a very good match. Rusch is a very talented wrestler, he's going to be a beast his senior year seeing how he's only a freshman. Lenz is my pick for state champ at 112 this year.

i dont know i htink its going to be bradbury and lenz in the finals and i think bradbury will come over with m-dec

in the team dual rankins. southern beat iroquois by like 20

I'll admit that the dual rankings are the biggest guess on here.  Not knowing who has holes that give up forfeits is a big piece of the puzzle.  Also, until we see a few more results it is also hard to know what the unranked kids are capable of which also plays a big part in determining a dual winner.

I say a Dee Leavell and Myron Bradbury matchup, with Andy Lenz 3rd

I appreciate your Region 1 loyalty, but Leavell just lost to Warra.  Shouldn't he get a mention?

kasey hedges threw zach salyers three times during that match. once was out of bounds(debated by many fans and kaseys coaches), the second time was on the line and called out of bounds but kasey was awarded the takedown, and the third time kasey kept him in bounds and almost pinned him, but salyers was able to fight out of bounds. salyers took kasey down and got awarded 2 back with a barrel role from the bottem front headlock position to get an early lead in the first period. it was 5 to 3 going into the second period.in the third period, salyers started down and escaped.6-3. the third throw was thrown with under a minute left in the third period, salyers got out of bounds with around 27 seconds left. the score was then 8 to 6 hedges lead. salyers escaped from bottem with 15 seconds left and threw a desperation toss and got caught on his back. the final score was 13 to 7 including the desperation toss take down and back points which were actually awarded by the ref.

thats the whole match. points my be a tad bit off, but not too much.

I appreciate your Region 1 loyalty, but Leavell just lost to Warra.  Shouldn't he get a mention?

i was getting ready to say something like that til i scrolled down more and saw that i believe warra and lenz will be a great match up in state semis or earlier and then we could see one of them in the finals with bradbury

Well I never really looked at that since last year Zack Bontrager lost to Wempe, then beat him in regionals (yes Wempe did beat him at state)

He also lost to wrestler from Ravenwood but in their rematch Zack won

I take it I am not using a good example

i was getting ready to say something like that til i scrolled down more and saw that i believe warra and lenz will be a great match up in state semis or earlier and then we could see one of them in the finals with bradbury

andy lenz and warra are both good wrestlers, but i feel that zac brown would be a better pick for the finals than either of them with bradbury.

Zach Cotton (HW) Anderson Co not wrestling (health issues)

Marcus White (171) Anderson Co not wrestling (quit before season started)

Ricky Kaelin (160 not 145) Anderson Co

Hunter Lilly (11th)- (130) Anderson Co 8 wins 2 losses in two weekends of wrestling (130 up from 112 state qualifier last year) 

Ben Joseph - (12th) (119) Anderson Co hasn't wrestled but one weekend due to weight and/or ACT.

Corey Vincent (12th)- Anderson Co wrestling 145.

Jacob Vincent (9th)- Anderson Co wrestling 135.

Not sure if you get any info from Anderson Co or not.  Team is young overall but wrestling hard.  Thanks for your site.  Wasn't sure how you did rankings or where the info comes from.

I would proably say brown would stand a better chance of making the finals but you also cant forget troxell who has beat both lenz and brown. This weight class will be particularly fun to watch this year in my opinion.

What a match between Osbourne and Zarth.  10-8 OT in the semi's of the Raider Rumble.  Ozzy came out with a big takedown to win.  Great showing! 

Goes to show its anyones game at that weight.

I would proably say brown would stand a better chance of making the finals but you also cant forget troxell who has beat both lenz and brown. This weight class will be particularly fun to watch this year in my opinion.

I will agree with you on this. Troxell is a very good wrestler but in my opinion lacks when it comes to the takedown. He is very strong and on ox on top. As for brown he lacks the agressiveness and repetition on top. Very competitive and skillfull on his feet and quick to react on bottom. Both have state final potential and should be interesting to see whats happens this year.

yea troxell seems like he is just monstrously strong for 112 i think i saw him beat brian thompson at a scrimmage this year so that kid is good.

Well from what i've been told, Seneca will be at the Harrison County Invitational on Dec. 27th. Should be pretty interesting tourney at 112.

kasey hedges threw zach salyers three times during that match. once was out of bounds(debated by many fans and kaseys coaches), the second time was on the line and called out of bounds but kasey was awarded the takedown, and the third time kasey kept him in bounds and almost pinned him, but salyers was able to fight out of bounds. salyers took kasey down and got awarded 2 back with a barrel role from the bottem front headlock position to get an early lead in the first period. it was 5 to 3 going into the second period.in the third period, salyers started down and escaped.6-3. the third throw was thrown with under a minute left in the third period, salyers got out of bounds with around 27 seconds left. the score was then 8 to 6 hedges lead. salyers escaped from bottem with 15 seconds left and threw a desperation toss and got caught on his back. the final score was 13 to 7 including the desperation toss take down and back points which were actually awarded by the ref.

thats the whole match. points my be a tad bit off, but not too much.

Why do you always talk about yourself its not a big deal how you do against people this time of year it matters at state. rankings don't matter clearly i could care less where i'm at right now all that matters is where your at at the end of the year so we don't need a play by play of your match against salyers nobody cares get on the medal stand and prove it

Why do you always talk about yourself its not a big deal how you do against people this time of year it matters at state. rankings don't matter clearly i could care less where i'm at right now all that matters is where your at at the end of the year so we don't need a play by play of your match against salyers nobody cares get on the medal stand and prove it

well then i wasnt posting this for you, some people on the site do care how other people do, especially if they are in my weight. if you dont care, then dont read it or comment on it.