Sign in to follow this  
Wildblueeyes

Region 7 Super Duals

It will be on one of two weekends; either Dec 13 or Dec 20.  Obviously it's not going to be on the next weekend because Christmas is that Thursday.  I'd bet on Dec 20 because the 13th sounds too early for the meet.

By the way I'm pretty sure that it's a dual tournament this year to determine the top two teams in the region.  These two teams are the ones who will represent Region 7 at State Duals.  The Region 7 Dual Tourney will have a format very similar if not exact to State Duals.

I had also heard rumor that it was the 22nd & 23rd since most schools are in session thru the 19th.  It was real messed up last year trying to get all the matches in by starting late on Friday night. I hope it is on the 22nd & 23rd.

where is it going to be held

It's been at Dunbar the past few years.  I assumed it would be there again but might not be due to the coaching change.  Maybe since you're a Dunbar guy you could find out and let us know.

Region 7 Duals have two pools and then break into a bracket depending on how you finished in your pool.

Pool A

Woodford Co.

Franklin Co.

Lafayette

Henry Clay

Harrison Co.

Bourbon Co.

Pool B

Dunbar

Tates Creek

Madison Central

Montgomery Co.

Bryan Station

Western Hills

Region 7 Duals have two pools and then break into a bracket depending on how you finished in your pool.

Pool A

Woodford Co.

Franklin Co.

Lafayette

Henry Clay

Harrison Co.

Bourbon Co.

Pool B

Dunbar

Tates Creek

Madison Central

Montgomery Co.

Bryan Station

Western Hills

Who is Madison Central... Also why the sudden change?

Pool A

Woodford Co.

Franklin Co.

Lafayette

Henry Clay

Harrison Co.

Bourbon Co.

Pool B

Dunbar

Tates Creek

Madison Central

Montgomery Co.

Bryan Station

Western Hills

How were the pools decided?  Pool A looks much harder thatn Pool B.  Dunbar or Tates Creek will have a cake walk to to the finals.  I don't see Madison Central, Montgomery Co., Bryan Station, or  Western Hills challenging either Dunbar or Tates Creek.  The match that will decide Pool B's winner is the Tates Creek - Dunbar Match.  Pool A is stacked! 

Pool A

Woodford Co.

Franklin Co.

Lafayette

Henry Clay

Harrison Co.

Bourbon Co.

Pool B

Dunbar

Tates Creek

Madison Central

Montgomery Co.

Bryan Station

Western Hills

How were the pools decided?  Pool A looks much harder thatn Pool B.  Dunbar or Tates Creek will have a cake walk to to the finals.  I don't see Madison Central, Montgomery Co., Bryan Station, or  Western Hills challenging either Dunbar or Tates Creek.  The match that will decide Pool B's winner is the Tates Creek - Dunbar Match.  Pool A is stacked! 

Yes the pools are not evenly distributed

Guest cmccoy

Lafayette will host the duals this year. The pools were determined by seeding the top four from last year and the rest of the teams were blind drawn in. this was voted on by the coaches and the pools ended up the way they did above. There will be some very good wrestling in both pools. The top four teams from last year were:

1. Woodford

2. Dunbar

3. Tates Creek

4. Franklin County

i dont go to dunbar anymore i live up north. and i think everyone wrestles the second day

thats how it used to be, but idk if theyre changing the format.

Pool A

Woodford Co.

Franklin Co.

Lafayette

Henry Clay

Harrison Co.

Bourbon Co.

Pool B

Dunbar

Tates Creek

Madison Central

Montgomery Co.

Bryan Station

Western Hills

are those really the pools?? . hah its not even at all

Guest TCWatcher

Another kid to keep any eye on is TC's Brandon Stockwell (135). He won JV State last (125) year beating Blevins from Woodford and based on the scrimmage last week is looking pretty good.