Sign in to follow this  
VisionQuest

Sulllvan lost to Spencer...

All hard feelings aside, Ethan and Blake didn't look that ready on the mat.

Lol that was a good one, I guess I set myself up for it though.  Although I thought Ethan wrestled a pretty tough match against a two-time state champ.  One who he has wrestled many times and they know each other fairly well.  Also I don't think Blake did that badly considering who he was wrestling.  Many people on here have claimed Ervin to be the best wrestler in the state pound for pound and Blake kept it to a regular decision.

I was just joking.  Ethan really suprised me this year, I never thought he would of been in the run for the championship at the beginning of the season.  I always knew Blake was good enough to be top 3, he just had to get healthy.  Them two kids have no reason to hang their heads. 

How 'bout if we applaud the fact that Spensor represented his state with class and victory by beating some quality oppenents from WV. Debating MOW once again is a waste of time since it will not be changed. At this point you're just splitting hairs to find a reason why someone should have or shouldn't have been MOW along with upsetting a few folks for no real reason.

as i recall MOW goes to the kid who did the best at one tournament not how he did over the whole season. not only that but courtney who pinned and teched his whole way through did a lot better than just winning by a few every time. i mean sure spencer "beat" sullivan but if you were there and you watched the match sullivan beat sullivan. how could you consider spencer over courtney who just won state 3 times and other contenders like reid and m. ervin and peace who all won it for the second time. one win does not make and MOW however someone needs to tell beau sanders to shave his unibro it doesnt seem to work  :mrgreen:

as i recall MOW goes to the kid who did the best at one tournament not how he did over the whole season. not only that but courtney who pinned and teched his whole way through did a lot better than just winning by a few every time. i mean sure spencer "beat" sullivan but if you were there and you watched the match sullivan beat sullivan. how could you consider spencer over courtney who just won state 3 times and other contenders like reid and m. ervin and peace who all won it for the second time. one win does not make and MOW however someone needs to tell beau sanders to shave his unibro it doesnt seem to work  :mrgreen:

What does Courtney, Reid, Ervin, or Peace winning multiple state titles have to do with this year's MOW?    I thought it just has to do with who does the best at one tourney.  But I agree, Courtney deserved it.

Spencer had the hardest road to go, just realize that. He knows, I respect that, he doesn't have the hardware to say it. Colleges will look at ability and stability, not MOW. There were so many kids that were not in first and shocked people that were my MOW just because they beat people they were not supposed too. It is all good!

Good luck guys in 2008' 09'. I want to see some good matches

Can't wait!