Sign in to follow this  
Buddhabomb528

Tights

I think Dusty Stengel was wearing white tights at state :-D.  You could ask him.

Yeah, I was. I got them from god. He likes to play little jokes like that sometimes. :-D

Tights are gay.  Everyone needs to stop trying to be pretty when  they wrestle. 

what if you just wear tights so you dont get knee burns, cause cuts and scrapes cause turn into skin infections

i have white ones i wore at state. I got mine from Hibbets Sporting goods store they are underarmour.

and i have to wear tights bc some of the different chemicals on the mats sometimes makes my legs break out in hive i dont know y just on my legs but it does.

Tights are gay.  Everyone needs to stop trying to be pretty when  they wrestle. 

Tights protect your legs from getting staph infection. That stuff is nothing to mess with.

Wear kneepads and just wrestle.

No joke. tights are gay, wear some tall wofo socks, throw some knee pads on , and get ready to battle, wrestling is not about looking good, its about who the better man is, putting white tights on isn't going to make u a better wrestler, how many Iowa wrestlers do u know that wear tights?

tights to me r pretty lame if u wear them in college the make fun of u and make u dance in front of everyone. i think it is pretty funny. but thats just me.

My daughter has tights, they go with her other little dancing thing, and a hair bonnet.

MatMama, are you on crack?  Since when did panty hose prevent staph? 

Buddha, are dressing up for Halloween or lose a bet? 

Tights are gay! Hair Bonnets are gay!

Ridge45 got banned for a cerain word but I think i've heard "gay" used in a derogatory [sp?] way about 999,999x in this thread alone. I don't like tights either, but don't hassle the kid. He just asked for some info on Man-ties.

Wear kneepads and just wrestle.

Kneepads could be the cause of staph. If you dont wash them everyday after practice they trap in bacteria, same goes with tights. I personally don't like tights but what ever floats your boat. I've wrestled so long that my knees have become used to the bruised, battered, and burning.

My daughter has tights, they go with her other little dancing thing, and a hair bonnet.

MatMama, are you on crack?  Since when did panty hose prevent staph? 

Buddha, are dressing up for Halloween or lose a bet? 

Tights are gay! Hair Bonnets are gay!

Grapplehead, you can get a staph infection from a dirty mat if you have an open wound that is not covered. Tights would prevent that from happening.

and condoms prevent STD's. Wake up guys!

Tights may retard the infection but it cannot prevent it.  Material is too porous, start sweating and it could make things worse, particularly fungus.

I always thought Caleb Wood, state champ from Fern Creek, looked intimidating in his black leggings with black singlet -- like a spider. He had the moves to back up the look when he was healthy.

And, yes, the leggings do provide some protection, especially from causing wounds that can then become infected. If you don't want to wear them, then don't, but it's a fact that they protect your legs.

i believe bailey wore them too and i think he would prob beat any of the kids hating on tights or jerimah walls ur already wearing spandex  plus its always good to look nice didnt your mammas ever teach anything

Wearing tights for protection is like using a stocking to filter water.

It will filter some things out but very little.  The only other usefullness would be causing your opponent to not be able to get a grip on your legs or allowing you to sprawl and slide across the mat out of bounds.

I know of a wrestler who wore them just for this reason.