Sign in to follow this  
exhawk

NHSCA Nationals in virginia beach

Who is going to natinals? we need to start planning and training now, we could make some noise there this year. Last year we had one senior go to senior nations(Ben Warner), that is pathetic. Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior nationals are all march 26-28 in virginia Beach. Senior nationals are March 28-30. These are the seniors who are eligable that I know of:

(must be a sate champ or runner up in your carrer, NHSCA junior all american, or top 4 at NHSCA pre-season champions for senior nationals)

These requirements only stand for seniors, anyone can go to freshman, sophomore, and junior nationals(that means you state placers!)

103-Jarvis Elam

112-Corey Spencer, Travis Sullivan(Please go travis, you could make some noise for our state)

119-Elliott Martin, Ethan Miller

125-Shane Parks, Jon Voth

135-Matt Miller, Zach Pulton (placed 4th at National Pre-Season Wrestling Championships for eligability)

140-Bryan Peace

145-Beau Sanders

152-Sammy Isaac

160-Mitch Ervin, Blake Sheehan

171-Mason Reid

189-Mark Jones

215-Matt Green, Adam Dials

285-Anthony Bailey

Here is an opportunity for some special training for nationals for those interested.  I have no personal experience with this guy, but have heard a lot of good things.  I'm still having trouble with attachments, but I have copy/pasted the flyer below.

High School Nationals Wrestling Championship and Convention

MARCH 26, 27, 28

Grades 9, 10, 11

Virginia Beach Convention Center

I have been asked by several parents to help prepare their wrestler for this upcoming event. I also plan to attend the tournament as well as help coach the kids. In preparation for the tournament I plan to hold practice the first four Sundays in March. These practices will be very intense and consist of 6-8 wrestlers that are training to obtain an All-American status at this tournament.

If you are interested please contact me ASAP so that I can reserve a spot for you. For coaching purposes, at the tournament, I can only manage 6-8 wrestlers. If there are more interested I will secure another quality coach to attend the tournament with us.

These are the wrestlers that are tentatively going thus far:

Myron Bradberry SO 103 Kentucky State Placer  3rd

Josh Johnson SO 130 Kentucky State Champ

Dust Brown JR 135 Kentucky State Placer  3rd   

Korey Shotwell SO 140 Kentucky State Placer  2nd

Training Sessions:

All sessions will be on Sundays from 4:00-6:00pm (Springboro, OH)

March 2nd , March 9th, March 16th, March 23rd

Cost:  $200

This includes 4 training sessions, weight management workouts, and coaching during tournament.

This cost will also cover my expenses for the trip: Flight $100, 3 nights hotel $400, coaches pass $100, food and misc. $100.

Please contact me to hold a spot and for further questions.

Avery Zerkle 937-631-2099 averyzerkle@hotmail.com

I took a look at the list of participants registered so far and Ryan Kelly and Ryan Houchens are also registered. I also plan to go and wrestle 112 at virgina.

I'm almost certain that Courtney is going to Junior Nationals.  I'm also trying to get him to go to Junior Nationals (freestyle) in Fargo, ND.  Any wrestlers who are considering wrestling in college please note that this is the tournament that college coached scout the most and use as a measuring stick.  But you cannot train in folkstyle and then go to Fargo or you will be embarassed.

Anybody who may need coaching in freestyle (the rules are a bit different and you have to react differently in some situations) is welcome to come to the Woodford County Wrestling Club.  We will be meeting twice a week starting this coming week I believe.