Ranger Rankings/ KWCA Rankings

Rangers Rankings

Picked 7 correct champs, 6 correct runner ups

Picked 17 of the 28 finalists

KWCA Rankings

Picked 9 correct champs, 3 correct runner ups

Picked 15 of the 28 finalists

Not too far apart.

I think his rankings are pretty biased. Actually both rankings are pretty biased.

If you have one person doing the rankings there are certain to be some biases due to human nature. I would encourage any competitor to ignore all rankings anyway. As we've seen in this years state tournament if you ignore them you may end up being an unexpected champ. Just ask Corey Spencer and Justin Davis, and soem of the others.

Rangers towards Campbell County and KWCA towards Eastern

You know, it's attitudes like this that I simply cannot stand. Ranger doesn't have to publish his rankings like he does each week (which is better than what the KWCA does). But I'm guessing he does out of love for the sport.

If you don't like where he has your or a teammate ranked, you know what you've gotta do: Go out and beat the kid in front of you. It's as simple as that.

If you have one person doing the rankings there are certain to be some biases due to human nature. I would encourage any competitor to ignore all rankings anyway. As we've seen in this years state tournament if you ignore them you may end up being an unexpected champ. Just ask Corey Spencer and Justin Davis, and soem of the others.

Well said.

I like rangers rankings, he doesn't seemed biased towards campbell. Its hard if you coach a team and do the rankings. I still say we should use rangers at state. KWCA were all jacked up

So KWCA picked 2/3 of the state champions correctly, which Ranger picked half. KWCA correctly named 54% of all finalists while Ranger named 60%. So, as Wish said, they're very close, with KWCA being better at predicting the champs and Ranger slightly better at picking a larger field. Yet KWCA were "all jacked up." That makes a lot of sense.

Maybe the two should get together and combine their opinions. Perhaps they would even things out. It really is hard for one person to be objective on the whole state.

I think it was discussed last year about teaming up, great idea, would probably be better than most rankings available to any high school wrestlers and fans of wrestling. KWCA will rank everyone that is still in school next year in the order they finished this year, then usually changes much from there, based on history,,,,

The KWCA does a good job rankng the wrestlers.  I am assuming Coach Coomes goes by what happened the past year and what imput he gets from the coaches which is limited at best.  Ranger rankings are more up to date.  I prefer Ranger"s rankings.

The KWCA does a good job rankng the wrestlers.  I am assuming Coach Coomes goes by what happened the past year and what imput he gets from the coaches which is limited at best.  Ranger rankings are more up to date.  I prefer Ranger"s rankings.

I heard the KWCA are not done by Coach Coomes still.

yes exactly rangers are more up to date and are better at putting people where they wrestle. KWCA rankings have people at like 140 that are wrestling 160 so rangers are better at putting people wehre they go .