Sign in to follow this  
archibaldhumperdink

Anthony Bailey

I do believe I called this one at the first of the year.  And now I just  have to say I told you no one could compete with the man beast Bailey.  Also called chaote as a state champ too.  I am getting pretty good at thia I told you so thing.

Congrats Bailey AND Choate well deserved titles.

I am pretty sure that kid (man?) had a small child hidden in his singlet.  He looked massive compare dto fuller and completely DOMINATED him.

choate stalled out against ashbrooke and isaacs there should have been some calls that werent made through the championship matches

I don't know if we were watching the same match. Choate and Sammy are good friends and they know each other very well, both personally and on the mat. They were both being equally agressive, even though it wasn't that fast paced of a match. Choate did no less on the mat the Sammy and had the score to back it up. It was a close match and Dakota deserves his championship. Let's not bring this up again. He's less than 4 hours a champion and he's already being discredited. Let's not do that. Thanks.

dakoda earned every bit of this! runner up to the infamour John W. and then wrestles his actual weight??? i knew he had it before he wrestled Ashbrook! Congrats to you Dakoda, but your hair was pink! oh well, it was cool!

I do believe I called this one at the first of the year.  And now I just  have to say I told you no one could compete with the man beast Bailey.  Also called chaote as a state champ too.  I am getting pretty good at thia I told you so thing.

Congrats Bailey AND Choate well deserved titles.

Like you, Archi, I was always a believer in Bailey. I watched him wrestle at Danville, and even though he had no competition there, he was just so fast for a heavyweight and so incredibly dominating of everyone who came near him. One time at State, I saw him preparing behind the curtain. It was scary. I thought I'd run up on Sasquatch with yellow hair. His brow was all furrowed, and he was walking up and down, working himself into the Zone. Impressive.

As for Choate, I predicted him winning a few weeks ago, but then I let all the naysayers change my mind. He looked great. The big win, though, was Ashbrooke. After he won that match, I knew he'd win State.

I don't know if we were watching the same match. Choate and Sammy are good friends and they know each other very well, both personally and on the mat. They were both being equally agressive, even though it wasn't that fast paced of a match. Choate did no less on the mat the Sammy and had the score to back it up. It was a close match and Dakota deserves his championship. Let's not bring this up again. He's less than 4 hours a champion and he's already being discredited. Let's not do that. Thanks.

Choate vs. Isaacs was the most boring match the whole night.

I didn't get to see Bailey's final match, but I'm glad he won. I watched him at Woodford Co Int. this year and he pretty much did what he pleased in his matches taking home the title. I also noticed that while his team was not very strong, he was a great team player supporting his teammates even if they weren't doing so well. He seems like a great guy (can't call him a kid) and I hope the best for him. If I remember right, he gave Matt Byrd all he could handle in last year's final with Byrd taking it in OT.

I didn't get to see Bailey's final match, but I'm glad he won. I watched him at Woodford Co Int. this year and he pretty much did what he pleased in his matches taking home the title. I also noticed that while his team was not very strong, he was a great team player supporting his teammates even if they weren't doing so well. He seems like a great guy (can't call him a kid) and I hope the best for him. If I remember right, he gave Matt Byrd all he could handle in last year's final with Byrd taking it in OT.

Yes, that's exactly what happened last year. It ended up looking like "Like Man Standing." Both guys were absolutely worn out and just sort of flailing around the mat like two lumbering bears. Bailey got better this year, and he never had to worry about running out of gas because he had already won! After all, he got the award for the most pins in the least time, so that tells you he was moving fast.

Yes, that's exactly what happened last year. It ended up looking like "Like Man Standing." Both guys were absolutely worn out and just sort of flailing around the mat like two lumbering bears. Bailey got better this year, and he never had to worry about running out of gas because he had already won! After all, he got the award for the most pins in the least time, so that tells you he was moving fast.

I meant "Last Man Standing." Didn't proofread.  :roll:

Lots of people doubted choate and said his match was boring....hardly...both guys were working for a move in the finals.  Beating ashbrooke was un heard of by some.  But I knew since last year both of these guys were gonna win sate.  And did Davis of Eastern place this year because I predictded him to finish high as well?

Lots of people doubted choate and said his match was boring....hardly...both guys were working for a move in the finals.  Beating ashbrooke was un heard of by some.  But I knew since last year both of these guys were gonna win sate.  And did Davis of Eastern place this year because I predictded him to finish high as well?

Well, did you predict Davis to win? Most people said he would be "high," but very few called him as the champion.

As a matter of fact I picked him to win and don't tell me he took state too becaUSE I haven't looked yet.  If so then I am three for three out of the only predictions I made for state all year.  Sign me up for ESPN.

I would look good behind the desk.LOL

As a matter of fact I picked him to win and don't tell me he took state too becaUSE I haven't looked yet.  If so then I am three for three out of the only predictions I made for state all year.  Sign me up for ESPN.

I would look good behind the desk.LOL

You're funny, Archi. But can you predict who is going to win the Super Bowl? That's what ESPN cares about, not some lowly Kentucky wrestlers.  :evil: