Sign in to follow this  
urgoingdown

Terrance Demery

Bad coaching--I hear he was 8--yup 8 , not 0.8--over on Friday. Weight management programs are in place for a reason--to protect against coaches doing things that can really hurt a wrestler.

From what I was told, It was Demery's idea to cut to 112, not the coaching staff.  Let it go!  Demery is hurting enough as it is, no need to keep talking about it.  Let this be a learning experience to all wrestlers who want to cut what they know is too much!

Bad coaching--I hear he was 8--yup 8 , not 0.8--over on Friday. Weight management programs are in place for a reason--to protect against coaches doing things that can really hurt a wrestler.

How in the world is this bad coaching?

Did his coach tell him to weigh 127 on Friday?  Did he take him out to eat on Wed. and Thur. to an all you can eat resteraunt?

or

Did his coach ride him about his weight all week.

Did he push him in practice all week to try and get the weight down?

Did his coach show up early so he could lose weight on saturday morning?

My guess would be his coach did all the right things for him to make weight.  It is the responsibility of the wrestler to make weight not the caoches.  Good coaches don't tell their wrestlers what wt. class to wrestle, and force them to lose wt.  Wrestle off's determine who is the best on the team for each wt. class. 

OH SPELL CHECK WHERE ARE YOU

Apparently you don't coach!!! because you haven't got a clue what you are talking about. Coaches give wrestlers ideal time with practice and nutritional information, in fact a diet plan to follow to stay strong. However it is up to the wrestler to take advantage of what information is give to him. I don't know, but i would say there is some sour grapes our there againsts our coach. Get over it. He's going to be with us a long time, and thats ok with us.

How in the world is this bad coaching?

Did his coach tell him to weigh 127 on Friday?  Did he take him out to eat on Wed. and Thur. to an all you can eat restaurant?

or

Did his coach ride him about his weight all week.

Did he push him in practice all week to try and get the weight down?

Did his coach show up early so he could lose weight on saturday morning?

My guess would be his coach did all the right things for him to make weight.  It is the responsibility of the wrestler to make weight not the coach's.  Good coaches don't tell their wrestlers what wt. class to wrestle, and force them to lose wt.  Wrestle off's determine who is the best on the team for each wt. class. 

OH SPELL CHECK WHERE ARE YOU

Old, you only had two errors, if you don't count the abbreviations. I fixed them for you. If you want, you can send all your posts to me, and I'll edit them for you.  :evil:

Old, you only had two errors, if you don't count the abbreviations. I fixed them for you. If you want, you can send all your posts to me, and I'll edit them for you.  :evil:

Wow just like my mama did for me while I was in school. Remember that was before computers were in every house. I'm not sure how I ever completed my term papers at NKU. :-D

Wow just like my mama did for me while I was in school. Remember that was before computers were in every house. I'm not sure how I ever completed my term papers at NKU. :-D

Yep, these kids don't know how good they have it. I wrote all my papers on an old Royal manual typewriter, pounding keys that were like driving a post hole digger and using correction tape! But wrestlers were just as tough back then!

'Course, all that has nothing to do with this thread.  :lol: