Sign in to follow this  
Bernard

Hitchings vs. Ervin

If Ervin weighed 160 and Hitchings weighed 171 who would win?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. If Ervin weighed 160 and Hitchings weighed 171 who would win?

• Ervin
    • Hitchings

No question in my mind Mitch! By major and maybe a pin. I think Mitch is the best in the state this year alot of good wrestlers though so tough to say he is.

Mitch would win, but honestly this isn't really fair to Hitchings.  Hitchings will be a 2x state champ once Reid graduates so he has plenty to look forward to.  A better question would be how would Hitchings as a senior stack up against Mitch as a senior.  Obviously we wouldn't know that answer right now, but it would be a lot closer than Ervin vs. Hitchings this year.

I would agree with Dragonmaster.  It is not a fair comparison.  We look at these young men and know they have wrestling forever but we forget that they are still underclassmen.  Brad Hitchings is a sophmore wrestling 171 thats tough.  Same thing with Connor Coyle he wins a lot of matches at 150 for a freshman including wrestlers ranked in the top ten.

I would agree with you for the most part.  However, from 140 on up, count how many sophomores, freshmen and middle schoolers are ranked in the Top 5.  The upper weight classes tend to be the weight classes primarily dominated by upper classmen.  It is just a natural growth progression by high school kids.  I am taking nothing away from Mitch so please don't read into my posts that way.  He deserves the success he has had thus far and is a great wrestler.  I am not even suggesting that Hitchings would be better in his senior year than Mitch is currently in his senior year.  I am just saying it would be a better comparison and more debatable that what it currently is.

I truly hope he does.  Having more talented and dedicated wrestlers like him on the next level will not only open doors for him in the future, it will also help other future wrestlers in Kentucky possibly have access to those same opportunities.  The more wrestlers from Kentucky who have success on the next level, the more college coaches will begin to actively recruit other Kentucky high school wrestlers.  For example, I take interest in Kyle Ruschell, even though I don't know him personally, & always hope for him to do well because I know what it will do for both him and other wrestlers in Kentucky opportunity-wise.  I wish Mitch the best of luck in his futures plans both on and off the mat.

Yea guys he probably would'nt win, but he is still a great wrestler and the comments have been pretty good. Mr Green  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Peace Out!