WinSomeLoseSome

Why do you wrestle?

I have wrestled since 6th grade and now I am Junior. I enjoy wrestling, and at the same time I am grateful that this season is almost over. It is a very long season and now that it is coming to a close I am curious as to why other people wrestle. Do people enjoy it, can't wait till practice starts, wrestle because their parents make them, wrestle for something on the college resume, or just want to stay fit. Please post why you wrestle so I can see why it is popular and to see if people wrestle for other means that I have not thought of. Thank you  :-D

some thoughts of the wrestlers on my team during wrestling season are

- we hate practice but love tournaments and meets

- we count down the days until wrestling starts once it ends

- but count down the days till its over once it does start lol

- its the hardest sport and to say that you even participate makes you closer to being chuck norris.hah

but seriously. when i started wrestling in the 7th grade in alaska, wrestling was the most favored sport up there. so i had to see what the hype was about. then i just stuck with it because i was having success as a first yr. and now i wish i would've started younger.

- its the hardest sport and to say that you even participate makes you closer to being chuck norris.hah

but seriously. when i started wrestling in the 7th grade in alaska, wrestling was the most favored sport up there. so i had to see what the hype was about. then i just stuck with it because i was having success as a first yr. and now i wish i would've started younger.

yes i hate practice but tournaments and state are by far the best

State is just awesome.

*You get to wrestle in front of all those people

*You can meet all the other wrestlers/coaches

*If you get put out you can always hook up with "nice" managers

*All the hotel room mischief

I wrestled for a few reasons, in no particular order:

-I was finally better than my brothers at something.

-I liked to win.

-I liked to do physical things.

-It was fun.

-It may sound bad or mean, but there is a pleasure when you embarass other wrestlers on the mat.

-It may sound bad or mean, but there is a pleasure when you embarrass other wrestlers on the mat.

State is just awesome.

*All the hotel room mischief

Since I have been wrestling this long I enjoy having better technique than most people. I do agree with 130alum in that sense, and yes Danger state is awesome and the hotel room mischief is pretty hilarious

Since I have been wrestling this long I enjoy having better technique than most people. I do agree with 130alum in that sense, and yes Danger state is awesome and the hotel room mischief is pretty hilarious

Thanks for honoring me in your signature :-D.

oh man that brings back memories danger. I wrestled, not because Coach Walls was my stepdad but because I liked being part of a team sport where you could actually contribute yourself, its all you out on the mat, not your teammates. And of course I wrestled to be part of a state championship team, always a plus.

i have been wrestling since i was 6 years old...and this is a great post because almost everyday i think why do i do this to myself...the cuttin weight, the hard work, and the aches and pains on my body...i agree 110% we cant wait till the season start and when it starts we cant wait till it ends...i do it because everybody in my family has wrestled...i came from a small town in indiana where everybody was part of a wrestling team at some point in their lives...being a wrestler isnt a choice or even a gift...its a privilege and being one of the ones that make it all the way to the end of season without quitin is just a great feeling of knowin that ur one of few that is wrestling tough

I do it cause its any individual sport if you go out there and kick but then only person who gets credit for it. If you lose out there, there is only one person you can blame, yourself.

I started in 8th grade when my friend said they needed fat kids on the team! i fell in love and then started working harder when i moved here my freshmen year (i lived in indiana).  From then on i dedicated my life to a sport i love and wouldnt trade it for the world and i will miss high school wrestling very much after this year!

hmm why do i wrestle well

1st i love it

2nd i love the feeling of being pushed to the edge

3rd practice is always challenging

4th cutting weight sucks but when you get on the mat its all worth it

5th tournaments are always fun

6th all the "hardware" you get is very nice

and there is many more reasons

i love wrestling because:

its the first thing i think of in the morning

the fact that it shows who is superior mentally and physically

the joy of winning a match

the support you get from coaches, wrestlers, and parents

how sexy i look in a singlet

and knowing that no other sport trains as hard as you do

yes i hate practice but tournaments and state are by far the best

You guys say you hate practice but the tournaments are fun but without the practice you will lose and losing is no fun. so i learned to love practice because of the rewards that it earned me.

I wrestled because nothing I had ever done gave me as much satisfaction as winning wrestling matches.  And now as a Coach, there is nothing more satisfying than watching a kid who as a freshman lost all but two matches, hang with it, and now as a senior he's placed in several tournaments and has a shot at making it to regional finals.  That's what wrestling is all about, the determination to overcome all obstacles.

You guys say you hate practice but the tournaments are fun but without the practice you will lose and losing is no fun. so i learned to love practice because of the rewards that it earned me.

yes but it is just like work. i always hear my stepdad complaining about how his job sucks and he should have got that degree but when he gets that check its like o yeah moneys, and when you win its like o yeah i win

i have been wrestlin for 3 years since 8th grade wish i would have started earlier

1st im school cant fught but u can slam a couple ppl around lol

2nd i though it would be kool

3rd if i lose i cant blame it on my team only on me

4th my coach wouldnt leave me alone bout it

5th i waned to fit in a group

6th i wanted to meet alot more people around the state