Sign in to follow this  
singleleg16

Best or Favorite Upsets this Year

the best upset i saw was bontranger beating wempe

a lose is a lose BUT, it put him in the other side of the bracket away from Voth,Vinsant,Zeppa(who are ALL in the upper bracket) lol

a lose is a lose BUT, it put him in the other side of the bracket away from Voth,Vinsant,Zeppa(who are ALL in the upper bracket) lol

it's loss...are you saying he an't beat those guys?

it's loss...are you saying he an't beat those guys?

So based on all of that here are the only conclusions I can come up with:

1) Wempe has the edge (no losses to KY kids) and has beat Voth and Bontrager

2) Voth only lost to Wempe, but beat virtually everyone else

3) Zeppa only lost to Voth, but beat everyone else

I think those guys are a half a step ahead of the field right now, but there are about half a dozen other guys who could easily get hot and win the title.

so Bontrager beat Wempe at Regions but Jake's still in good shape with a quarter final match with parks/evans and not with voth/zeppa/vinsant/murphy

Wempe beat Bontrager at takedown tournament and 5-0 at region 1 duals 2 weekends ago,

one a out of 3 aint bad i guess? lol

So I guess he'll have to go through Voth/Vinsant in the Quarters and Zeppa in the semi's to get to the finals

That some work to do there!!!

Yea bontrager had wempe in a cradle pretty quick into the match and wempe couldnt get enough points to get back into the match... bontrager wrestled well defensively for the rest of the match, good win for him, hope to see these two region 1 wrestlers in the finals saturday night

The best upset by far goes to spencer doing the unthinkable upseting sullivan thats just unthinkable but i was sitting not far away the refs tried to determin the match tho giving him all the calls i thought spencer jumped callsing sullivan to move but its past. but my favorite upset was by far deinlein from campbell beating coty lewis from woodford it was unreal he would have pinned him if there was 2 more seconds o the clock and great latoral deinlein it was amazing

hey fuller who was the large trinity dude you beat in semi's when you got hurt?? that guy was preeeetty fit.. he looked like an oversized 215 but idk what he weighed and also, how was he compared to bailey? (im tryin to pick out the most monstrous heavyweights)

Zach Pearson, an unranked heavyweight or very low at the time beating a high ranked Houston Croney early in the season. One of his best matches all year....I liked watching Wempe beat Bontrager at state, I LOVED watching Miller get beat up by the Eastern Kid, what an athlete....just a few that come to mind

8-)

supe was way under ranked.  He had a two point match against brown and was pinning him near the end of the match.  Maybe he wasn't ranked high because he has missed weight a few times and not been able to show his skill. 

supe was way under ranked.  He had a two point match against brown and was pinning him near the end of the match.  Maybe he wasn't ranked high because he has missed weight a few times and not been able to show his skill. 

No, I think he did just as he should have.  He took the "low" ranking as a challenge and stepped up to the challenge.

Results that supported his lower ranking:

3rd at KOB (behind Huffine and Bracco)

Forfeited at WCI (injury maybe)

Didn't wrestle at 5 Star

Didn't wrestle at Dragon

I remember what match snoot got the shaft in.. it was all part of a bad day for union, he still came back and placed 4th which is all that matters.. refs tried to screw union every way possible at some point, just a certain few