Sign in to follow this  
Frogman

How Many Wrestlers Are Squating Over 450LBS

You guys are such idiots about exaggerating peoples lifting ability's.  The only lifts that count are the ones verified in sanctioned lifting meets.  Last year Jordon Whiting was the National High School Powerlifting Champion at 220lbs, his totals were as follows:

Squat - 420

Bench - 315

Dead  - 545

Jordan was also named Most Outstanding Lifter, I was there.  So, if any High School kid  dares to post that they are even come close to squatting 450, is totally full of crap.  They are doing half squats not even coming close to full depth.  I'm so tired of people saying, "Oh, I'm benching 350 and squatting 500", BULL CRAP.  I've lifted at and judged national lifting competitions, Less than .05% of High School athletes can bench over 300 or squat over 400.  If you don't believe me I'll see you at the state meet in May.

I apologize, I believe it was Brad Clark who was named Most Outstanding Lifter.

Brad Clark 181lb National Champion Trinity HS

Squat - 441

Bench - 319

Dead  - 562

Brad is the National Record holder at 181.

You do realise that there are very strong people that choose not to enter weight lifting tournaments.  Those tournaments only gauge the people that go there, not all athletes.

You do realise that there are very strong people that choose not to enter weight lifting tournaments.  Those tournaments only gauge the people that go there, not all athletes.

Yes I agree that there are strong people who choose not to spend $35 to prove their ability.  However, if someone says they're squatting 100lbs more than the National Champion, I wont believe it until I see It.  Trust Me, I have challenged many many people over the years who have boasted of magnificent ability,  I tell them that I have contest rated equipment at my house and that I would love to see a National level lift.  They always say "Oh my shoulder bothering me right now".  The ones who have taken me up on this offer have failed to reproduce the spectacular achievements they boasted of, stating that the force of Gravity must be stronger in my basement.

Alot of people like to exaggerate but if you want to be amazed look at the mens world champion in the 114 pound weight class.  Either he or another 114 lifter squatted 660 pounds after weighing in at around 110.  These guys strength pound for pound is incredible. 

You are correct if you powerlifted in your high school. But there are many organizations that are available besides your school. There are a lot of kids that powerlifted so their competion does not see how strong they are. There are Christian powerlifting teams that only lift for god. They have competions and strength demonstrations in Church's throughout the US. These kids do it right no drugs,tobacco, or alcohol. Tested once every two weeks. There are many kids that are very strong that you will never hear of because they do not choose to compete in their high school areas. To some of them records and bragging is not what it is all about.

CHRISTIAN POWERLIFTERS OF AMERICA  ttp://www.criticalbench.com/powerlifting-federations.htm

You are correct if you powerlifted in your high school. But there are many organizations that are available besides your school. There are a lot of kids that powerlifted so their competion does not see how strong they are. There are Christian powerlifting teams that only lift for god. They have competions and strength demonstrations in Church's throughout the US. These kids do it right no drugs,tobacco, or alcohol. Tested once every two weeks. There are many kids that are very strong that you will never hear of because they do not choose to compete in their high school areas. To some of them records and bragging is not what it is all about.

CHRISTIAN POWERLIFTERS OF AMERICA  ttp://www.criticalbench.com/powerlifting-federations.htm

I know many of these athlete's, fine individuals.  I have even had the privilege of loading and spotting at their some of their demonstrations.

Standup,  I guess I know how you got your name. You sound like a stand up type of guy. The kid I referred to in another thread was the Lawson kid from Doss. I had heard he lifted with the  CHRISTIAN POWERLIFTERS OF AMERICA and was very strong. I am sure from what I heard about him he would come and lift. But as I stated (no excuse) he is out hurt and not even wrestling this year except, I had heard he wrestled one match so far trying to come back for regions. That he hurt his back multiple buldging disc and a pinch nerve. I had one coach email me and told me he was one of the strongest kids he had seen. I don't know for sure as I have not seen him in for a while. As I nowlive out of state. I hope to come back soon would like to watch state finals always enjoyed Kentucky Wrestling. 

Down and Dirty,

Yes I know Lawson, and have even wrestled with him.  He's a great kid who always has a smile on his face.  I spoke with him at the Jeff. Co. and there is a slight chance he could be back by regionals.  He's currently in physical therapy working hard to get back on the mat.  I haven't seen his abilities in the weight room and guess I never will, he said his doctor advised him to retire from powerlifting.

Yes I agree that there are strong people who choose not to spend $35 to prove their ability.  However, if someone says they're squatting 100lbs more than the National Champion, I wont believe it until I see It.  Trust Me, I have challenged many many people over the years who have boasted of magnificent ability,  I tell them that I have contest rated equipment at my house and that I would love to see a National level lift.  They always say "Oh my shoulder bothering me right now".  The ones who have taken me up on this offer have failed to reproduce the spectacular achievements they boasted of, stating that the force of Gravity must be stronger in my basement.

Have you seen Jakeem Gatewood and Glenn Frost legs thought. The are like damn tree trunks. You can't tell me that they ain't doing some major lifting like up in the five hundreds. If you every see either of there legs you will know what I'm talking about way bigger than Whiting. And Whiting is awesome weightlifter don't get me wrong but he had so much dead lift that was where he got all his weight added up.

Less than .05% of High School athletes can bench over 300 or squat over 400. 

I don't agree I know of a handful of people who can do both in my school

Like stand-up said, doing with your buddies in the weight room and actually doing with proper form and technique that would count are usually 2 totally different things.

Stand-up, you are either young and inexperienced or just don't know any better. So Jordan Whiting does that weight, do you honestly think he's only person to do that in high school? funny, Go ask Oldhams coach Arron Riordan how much he benched his senior year at the lifting meet, he wrestled 215, sate champ and benched 420, Jeremy Caudill, (think i spelled his last name wrong) that played ball for UK, he was a little heavier but he set a state record and then broke his own the same day he benched close to 450. The other linebacker i played with, a guy a year older than me weighed about the same as Riordan did and dead lifted close to six hundred,  Myron Pryor squatted close to six hundred his senior year, his bench was above 450, I think that he tore his peck tryn 500, not sure. But all these kids were in high school so there you go, there are more im forgetting that year and don't know about. Think first next time before you go off.

Stand-up, you are either young and inexperienced or just don't know any better. So Jordan Whiting does that weight, do you honestly think he's only person to do that in high school? funny, Go ask Oldhams coach Arron Riordan how much he benched his senior year at the lifting meet, he wrestled 215, sate champ and benched 420, Jeremy Caudill, (think i spelled his last name wrong) that played ball for UK, he was a little heavier but he set a state record and then broke his own the same day he benched close to 450. The other linebacker i played with, a guy a year older than me weighed about the same as Riordan did and dead lifted close to six hundred,  Myron Pryor squatted close to six hundred his senior year, his bench was above 450, I think that he tore his peck tryn 500, not sure. But all these kids were in high school so there you go, there are more im forgetting that year and don't know about. Think first next time before you go off.

Trust me I have lifted at meets and weight rooms all over the country.  Like I said before, I'll believe it when I see it.  I can bench 400 if I bounce it off my chest and have someone help me lock it out, but that would never pass in competition.  People tell all the time that they can squat 500, when I see them in the gym they are doing half squats, not even coming close to breaking parallel.

I will acknowlege that there are a handful of kids in the state that are capabe of benching 400 or squatting 500, but like I said, a handful in the entire state, less than .05%.  .05% means 5 out of a hundred and I guarantee it is even less than that.  I know what I'm talking about.  Your talking about Division 1 football players who make up less that .002 of all high school athletes, thats 1 out of 500 for the math impaired.

The following is the USAPL(the most respected ligting organization in the country)National High School Records for 220lb weight class.

100 kgs  Squat            T McNeil        655.75    99 

220.25 lbs Bench Press Jeremy Auerbach 451.75   Sep-05

Deadlift       Brandon Fiebiger  661.25     Apr-06

Total       Brandon Fiebiger       1,570.75 Apr-06

Like I said before, I'll be at the state meet and will gladly eat my words if any of the fore mentioned kids shows up and benches 400 and squats 500.  I'll be glad to reimburse them for their entry fee.  Good luck !!

Your really putting your self up there aren't you? Did you read what I wrote at all? There are kids that you don't even know about on top of the ones you do. Of the four kids I mentioned, two were, past tense!! D1 players, three wrestled and all were in high school when they set the state records. This kids were back a lil while ago like also but your not even worth talking to, your view is so one sided and skewed so have fun.

Funny you mentioned Myron Pryor, he was actually a wrestler too, but could never make weight back when it was 275

Your really putting your self up there aren't you? Did you read what I wrote at all? There are kids that you don't even know about on top of the ones you do. Of the four kids I mentioned, two were, past tense!! D1 players, three wrestled and all were in high school when they set the state records. This kids were back a lil while ago like also but your not even worth talking to, your view is so one sided and skewed so have fun.

I've checked the records of every powerlifting organization that holds meets in Kentucky.  There is no mention of these records anywhere.  I base my opinion on data, and I've searched the web trying to verify your statement and have come up with nothing.  Where these records set in someones garage, because all the really strong guys must be lifting in seclusion hiding their abilities until they are called by the lifting gods to crush us all.  I will say it again I will be at the state meet which will be open to all ages. I'll call Riordan and see what he's pushing these days.  If he could bench 420 in High School, he should be able to push at least 500 now and squat 650/700. 

Directly from the USAPL web-site.  The USAPL winners are the United States representatives in international competition.  When Powerlifting becomes an Olympic event the American representatives will the winners of the  USAPL National Championship.

2007 National High School winning lifts:  at the 125kg(275lb)+ weight class, meaning weighing over 275

Squat -  280kg x 2.2046 = 618lb

Bench -  195kg x 2.2046 = 429lb

Dead  -    297.5 x 2.2046 = 655lb

http://www.usapowerlifting.com/results/2007/2007_high_school_nationals.htm

So your telling me that in one year Kentucky had several people who could have walked in and taken Nationals.  What a waste, they could have spent the summer traveling across the globe representing the USA in international competition. all expenses paid.

Note: These number were achieved with bench shirts and squat suits, which can add up to 10% to a Max lift.

The lifts achived by Whiting and Clark where unequipped.

Alot of people like to exaggerate but if you want to be amazed look at the mens world champion in the 114 pound weight class.  Either he or another 114 lifter squatted 660 pounds after weighing in at around 110.  These guys strength pound for pound is incredible. 

the 114 pound lifter you refer to is Ervin Gainer from Indiana.  He has dominated that weight class for almost ten years and represented this country on every continent.  If you ever met him you would never believe he has such incredible strength, looks more like a jockey than a powerlifter.  Ervin has recently been nominated as one the top 25 lifters in American History.

Ervin Gainers top lifts

Squat  -  448

Bench  -  308

Dead    -  518

But what do I know.