Sign in to follow this  
Olympic_wish

Why does South Oldham shake their coaches hand first?

i like what south wrestlers do, its not like they are disrespecting anyone, they still shake the other wrestler's hand and the other coach's hand, so whats the big deal? why does the other coach deserve to get their hand shaked first? i want to thank my coach first by shaking his hand, and then go congratulate/show respect to the other coach. it seems to me like south wrestlers have their priorities set right.

To me going out there and giving your everything is enough respect for your coach. But I like the shaking of opposing coaches hands and opposing wrestler. Another thing that may bring up some controversy is shaking the referee's hands after tournaments whether you think they ref'd well or not it shows respect.

Why does South Oldham always do this?  Does any think it odd, or unsportsmanlike?

We had to do that at McCucheon in Indiana. I thought it was odd at first but I went with it. I thought having a faceoff under lights for a dual meet was kinda diffrent, but tight at the same time.

go4thekill already said why south oldham shakes their coaches hand first if thats actually why they do it then their is nothing wrong with it/but to go jogging to shake your coaches hand 1st when your right by the other coach is sord of wierd whats going on here? and who came up with the tradition is their secret messages behind this? oh please someone send me answers  :?  :roll:

The reason for it is just that....to get our guys under control before sending them off to the other coaches to ensure they are cooled down after close matches ect..  Just a precautionary measure as well as showiong respect to both coaches..  I also like the idea of shaking the ref's hand regardless of how the wrestler thinks the match was reffed.  Not trying to be disrespectful at all.