Sign in to follow this  
Olympic_wish

Seedings for State Duals?

So some regions are done.  The coaches only seed Regional Champions, so some good teams get drawn in.

What are people's predictions?

And can someone fill in a list of winners/ runner up from each Region

5  South Oldham, 2nd- North Oldham

Seed List:  South Oldham

Drawn In:  North Oldham

So do they seed the top 8 teams or all the # 1 seed from each regions?

They voted last year to only seed regional champs for the next 2 years.

There could be some pools that are like going to be a meatgrinder!!  Your top four seeds are going to be:  Union (1); Trinity (2); Wayne (3); and who knows who is going to be the four seed.  Ryle CANNOT be a top four seed because they are the Number 2 out of their region and will be drawn in (coach's decision from last year to draw in all number two seeds and NOT seed a 2 seeded team). 

This means that a pool could consist of:  Union (1); Ryle a two seed; LaRue a two seed from their region; and another 1 seed, say Woodford County.  NOW THAT WOULD BE A KILLER POOL!!!!!!

Only a #1 seed can be seeded top four, no two seed.  I am not sure Woodford will be a top four seed as they have been beaten by many teams this year in duals and that is the first criteria decided upon by the coaches, record and head to head.

If my guesses for the top two teams is correct.

Seedable Teams

1.  Union County  15-0-0  (1)            Region 1 #1

3.  Trinity  13-2-0  (3)                    Region 4 #1

4.  Wayne  12-2-1  (4)                    Region 8 #1

5.  Campbell  10-4-1  (5)                  Region 6 #1

6.  John Hardin  10-4-1  (6)              Region 2 #1

7.  Woodford County  9-6-0  (7)        Region 7 #1

8.  South Oldham  4-10-1  (              Region 5 #1

14.  PRP  3-12-0  (14)                      Region 3 #1

Draw in

Christian County  6-8-1          Region 1 #2

Larue County  6-9-0  (9)    Region 2 #2

Southern  0-15-0  (16)          Region 3 #2

Seneca  5-9-1  (10)              Region 4 #2

North Oldham  3-12-0  (13)      Region 5 #2

Ryle  13-1-1  (2)              Region 6 #2

Paul Dunbar  1-14-0  (15)        Region 7 #2

Johnson Central  6-8-1  (11)    Region 8 #2

My prediction

Pool 1                                                                     

Draw in                                                                   

Draw in

14.  PRP  3-12-0  (14)                      Region 3 #1

Pool 2

5.  Campbell  10-4-1  (5)                Region 6 #1

Draw in                                                                   

Draw in

6.  John Hardin  10-4-1  (6)              Region 2 #1

Draw in Johnson Central  6-8-1  (11)    Region 8 #2

Draw in Seneca  5-9-1  (10)              Region 4 #2

Draw in North Oldham  3-12-0  (13)      Region 5 #2

Draw in Paul Dunbar  1-14-0  (15)        Region 7 #2

Bottom Bracket

Pool 3

3.  Trinity  13-2-0  (3)                      Region 4 #1

Draw in

Draw in

8.  South Oldham  4-10-1                  Region 5 #1

Pool 4

4.  Wayne  12-2-1  (4)                      Region 8 #1

Draw in

Draw in

7.  Woodford County  9-6-0  (7)          Region 7 #1

Draw in Ryle  13-1-1  (2)                    Region 6 #2

Draw in Christian County  6-8-1            Region 1 #2

Draw in Larue County  6-9-0  (9)          Region 2 #2

Draw in Southern  0-15-0  (16)            Region 3 #2

Seeding ALL the number ones would be a good idea, but the only teams seeded are the top four seeds.  The other number one seeds are put into a hat and drawn in.  Then the eight number two seeds are put into a hat and drawn in.  I have been in many of those coaches meeting with the the teams are drawn out of the hat and put on a line.  Very tense moments when the other number ones and when the number twos are drawn in.  Last year when Woodford was drawn out of the hat, not much noise was made by anyone until they were put up on the board.

I have the feeling the same thing will be taking place when Ryle is drawn out of the hat!!

I guess its a coin flip between Cam. Co and John Hardin

Common opponents: Cam. Co split with Ryle                           

Cam. Co and John both beat North

Cam. Co and John both lost to Wayne

John Beat Ryle

Not sure who all either have lost too.

Do they go by overall record?

Yes, overall record but more emphasis would be against common opponents.  I don't think Campbell and John have many common opponents, that beat one and not the other. 

Good point old school, that four seed is going to be an interesting discussion.  After each coach makes his case, the room tries to come to a consensus as to who should get the four seed. 

Pretty interesting normally!!  But the real fun will take place when they start drawing in Woodford, Ryle and LaRue into the pools.  Their names will be put in a hat and then one coach, will start to draw out the names.  I will say that all #1 and #2 from the same region are put on the opposite side of the brackets so they can't meet till finals.  So where John goes will dictate which side LaRue goes and where Campbell goes will dictate which side of the bracket Ryle goes.  So Union may lobby for Campbell to get that four seed and Trinity and Wayne may lobby for John to get the number four seed overall so that there is a chance Ryle lands as a number two on the other side of the bracket in possibly Union and/or John's pool.

Interesting to see who speaks up for whom at this seed meeting!!!

Big Coach, when you say the top four are seeded, I got that.

The other 4 number one seeds are put into a hat and drawn as well. 

Pool A #1 team is a

Pool B #1 team is b

Pool C #1 team is c

Pool D #1 team is d

Then the go to the number # 2 teams except they have to be on the opposite side of the #1 from there region.

The top three teams

3.  Trinity  13-2-0  (3)                      Region 4 #1

4.  Wayne  12-2-1  (4)                      Region 8 #1

Campbell  or John Hardin  should be the fourth seed

Campbell or John Hardin, Woodford County, South Oldham or PRP 

Could all draw Pool A (union) :? 

No one is beating Union.(period) Everyone better hope that they are seeded or draw opposite of Union. Trinity better hope that Ryle and LaRue are not on their side also. Trinity only beat LaRue 33-27. Ryle is better than everyone thinks.

According to LaRue's website. They are 22-3. Losses to John Hardin 36-31, Trinity 33-27, and Union 51-18. Wins North Hardin (2), Seneca, Simon Kenton, Paul Dunbar, and John Hardin 36-28.

I don't have a website for Ryle.

No one is beating Union.(period) Everyone better hope that they are seeded or draw opposite of Union. Trinity better hope that Ryle and LaRue are not on their side also. Trinity only beat LaRue 33-27. Ryle is better than everyone thinks.

Unless another incident happens like last year's State Duals, when something like half of their team was out with injuries or illness.

Yep old school, John Hardin or Campbell, Woodford, South Oldham, or the other number one seed, could all be drawn into Pool A with Union County.  It is all a blind draw after the initial top four teams are seeded.  I have the feeling teams like LaRue will be arguing for John to be the four seed as well as Ryle arguing Campbell is the four seed which would put their 2's (LaRue and Ryle) definitely on the other side from Union and not getting drawn into their pool.

Seeding meeting will be VERY interesting and would be fun to just be a fly on the wall!!!!

Yep old school, John Hardin or Campbell, Woodford, South Oldham, or the other number one seed, could all be drawn into Pool A with Union County.  It is all a blind draw after the initial top four teams are seeded.  I have the feeling teams like LaRue will be arguing for John to be the four seed as well as Ryle arguing Campbell is the four seed which would put their 2's (LaRue and Ryle) definitely on the other side from Union and not getting drawn into their pool.

Seeding meeting will be VERY interesting and would be fun to just be a fly on the wall!!!!

Why wouldn't it be drawn where there are 2 #1s in each pool?  It doesn't make sense to just draw it so that a pool could have 4 #1 seeds.

171 mom. meade has been on a roll. but as you said they are a 2nd year team and i predict they will not win a single dual at this tournament. if they do then hey thats an upset and embarissing to the team that lost but if they dont thats ok too these are the best dualing teams in the state. best of luck to them. congrads on making it this far!