Sign in to follow this  
SnapDrag

5 Star

Guest cmccoy

Here is the format:

Format will be two pools of eight teams broken into sub-pools of four teams. Teams will wrestle the other three teams in their sub-pool in Rounds 1-6. After a short break, the individuals with the best record or criteria at each weight will come out of each sub-pool to wrestle the other sub-pools in their main pool of eight teams in a semifinals match [Round 7]. The winners of Round 7 will wrestle each other in a Finals match [Round 8] to determine the Champion and the losers of round 7 will wrestle for third place [Round 8]. The individuals with the second best record or criteria at each weight will come out of each sub-pool to wrestle the other sub-pools in their main pool of eight teams in a consolation semifinals match [Round 7]. The winners of Round 7 consolations will wrestle each other in a consolation finals match [Round 8] to determine fifth place and the losers of round 7 consolations will wrestle for seventh place [Round 8].

Teams attending:

Bryan Station, Campbell County, Central Hardin, Franklin Co., Harmony HS (FL), Harrison Co., Henry Clay, Lafayette, Larue Co., Montgomery County, North Oldham,  PL Dunbar, Scott HS, Saint Xavier, South Oldham, and Tates Creek.

Who is Harmony? Are they any good? I don't know much about Florida teams.

Just looked them up this is what they finished at the Florida 2007 Class 1A wrestling state championships 63.  (tie) HARMONY  0.00  They had a 12 way tie for last place.

any predictions or close finals matches expected in this tournament

Some of the more noticable ones i saw were:

125-#3 Jon Voth vs. #5 Andre Zeppa

135-#1 Matt Miller vs. #4 Dusty Brown

140-#4 Andrew Mitchell vs. #6 Donnell Davis

145-#3 Beau Sanders vs. #5 Kyle Griffith

171-#3 Thomas Brownfield vs. #6 Cody Lasseigne

215-#1 Matt Green vs. #6 Gary Robbins

285-#2 Billy Fuller vs. #7 Evan Bullock

Of course I probably missed a few guys but them were a few of the finals matches that i think will be pretty interesting.