Sign in to follow this  
The Bear

KWCA Rankings

Is Josh Ashbrook really going 140?  That seems like quite a drop from 52.

I doubt it.  These rankings are usually not very accurate with where people are at.

ranger wins 13-1. only loss for ranger is 130. not that i agree with more than 75% of rangers, but his blows kwca out of the water. i give 130 to kwca because finally someone is giving josh johnson his due , he is the elite in that class.

Another fine job done again. These are close enough too perfect for me! It take so much time following each wrestler, match and event.  It's very enjoyable to be able look at these rankings. Knowing how hard these kids work each and everyday of the week to see where they are, they love it. KEEP IT UP!!! GO RANGER!!!

ranger wins 13-1. only loss for ranger is 130. not that i agree with more than 75% of rangers, but his blows kwca out of the water. i give 130 to kwca because finally someone is giving josh johnson his due , he is the elite in that class.

Has he beaten all the 130's?Elite may be a little strong as it is still early in the season.

Has he beaten all the 130's?Elite may be a little strong as it is still early in the season.

I think Josh is a good wrestler but there are some very strong competitors in the class.  I think KWCA has never seen Caleb Ervin wrestle to rank him 7th.  I think he has beaten Ohlman 2 or 3 times already this year.  I am not saying Ohlman can't win but Ervin is a tough wrestler.

I won't comment on the KWCA rankings...  :evil:

But I will on Johnson and Ervin.  I see these guys as being a dead heat right now, 1a and.  Ervin has beaten better compeitition early this season, but Johnson has the experience.  Ervin has an amazing team going for back-to-back titles, but Johnson has an up-and-coming team really surprising a lot of people.  It will be a great match.

I won't comment on the KWCA rankings...   :evil:

But I will on Johnson and Ervin.  I see these guys as being a dead heat right now, 1a and.  Ervin has beaten better compeitition early this season, but Johnson has the experience.  Ervin has an amazing team going for back-to-back titles, but Johnson has an up-and-coming team really surprising a lot of people.  It will be a great match.

ranger, you can only beat who you have in front of you on the mat. johnson has beaten everyone he has seen.  imo the only guy who could go down to 125 or up to 135 and compete for the title is johnson. i know you have to rank on this seasons match-ups, but josh's off season accomplishments have consisted of 3rd at TOC, and 5th at freshman nationals, all against big time competition. gotta count for something. nothing against ervin, but what national competition is on his resume.

Well, I'll let one cat out of the Siam Orchid bag for next week.  I have been thinking about this one since last night and I did move Johnson to #1.  I did it mostly after thinking about his experience (runner-up 2 years ago and 3rd at the toughest weight class last year).  But I still say 1a and 1b.

I won't comment on the KWCA rankings...   :evil:

Time will tell, John Hardin is going to the Union duals FEB. 2

I'm not sure how the teams will match up.

Union County Duals: Caldwell County, Calloway County, Central, Christian County, Daviess County, Henderson County, John Hardin, Ohio County, Paducah Tilghman, Ryle, Union County, Univ. Heights

honestly, these might be the worst rankings i have seen in a long time! some of the bigger mistakes i have noticed are:

103: how is nick paden ranked so high when brown of tc beat him at wci?

brown has had a great season and should be ranked a lot higher.

where is andy lenz?

112: carpenter frasier is ranked pretty high, i think.

119: aaron carr is just a little underrated.  :-D

125: rankings are decent in this weight.

130: should talon deinlien and justin miley be 4th and 5th? i don't think so.

135: dusty brown is ranked pretty low.

140: this one is WAY off! ted murner is a decent wrestler, but he is not even close to the seventh best wrestler in this weight class!

even more surprising, why the heck is alex grubbs ranked on there?

Shotwell and Issacs are ranked VERY low. i could see both of them finishing top 4 in this weight     

145: winkler is kinda high, and brian wasson hasn't wrestled for like a year now!

152: beau's gonna have a hard time winning state at 52, if he's wrestling 45. webb, scott, and mcneely are ranked a little too high. dillon and vaughn should be a lot higher.

160: okay

171: burke overrated.

189: okay, i guess?

215: don't know much about this weight.

275: whiting is overrated.

all and all, these rankings are very inaccurate, i see why they've waited so late in the year to put them out.

160:

The KWCA rankings are awesome!

IF YOU ARE AN EASTERN KID!

135- Davis, no complaints

152- McNeely 4th yeah right!

160- Harrison 9th, yeah right!

20th as a team?  No.  Not for the KWCA or Ranger's rankings.

They'll place st 135, and probably (probably 152 w/ McNeely.

The main reason these rankings are so inaccurate is because no coaches will send their results to the person that ranks wrestlers, which is an Eastern coach. This gives us no results to go on other than the few results that do get sent in, and the results from our tournaments that we attend. BTW Phil Harrison has a pretty solid record.

The main reason these rankings are so inaccurate is because no coaches will send their results to the person that ranks wrestlers, which is an Eastern coach. This gives us no results to go on other than the few results that do get sent in, and the results from our tournaments that we attend. BTW Phil Harrison has a pretty solid record.

why is luna still in the rankings?

Guest wrestler92

The problem is it has been like this for 20 years.  When coaches did send in their results it didn't make a difference unless you were an eastern wrestler or it always seemed like south oldham was up there too high too.  The results that were sent in were ignored.  but we never cared because we knew it didn't matter.