Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2007/2008 January 2

Guest wrestler92

I think the best heavyweight match was the one with the Moore kid against Whiting.  Second was probably the Iroquois kid vs. Whitting.  I think those two were the ones that took it to him the most, he doesn't look as impressive as everyone makes him out to be.  He was gassed when he had two matches withing 2 hours of each other.

The rankings look good except you have some Johnson Central kids out of place. Spencer is at 112, Salyers is at 119,and JJ Jude is at 130. Also jude stuck Trey Morllat in the first period at the tates creek tourn and Tyler Grimm is at 140.

All of you Vince Staten haters, have you ever watched high school heavyweights wrestle?  On any day anything can happen.  Staten won one of the biggest tournaments in KY.  Give the kid some credit.  I know you teams in Region 8 hate each other with a passion, but try to be a little objective.  Okay, he lost a close match to a likely underrated kid from SC.  That's why we wrestle the matches and don't let the paper (rankings) decide the outcome.

Ranger I'm not a Vince Staten hater but i watched this kid wrestle Three matches. Him getting beat 2-0 with Sheldon Clark dominating the entire match. A 7-4 win with the last 2 points coming on a desperation shot with about ten seconds left. A a match against the Sheldon Clark backup. Vince was on his back when the second period ended but went on to win the match. I do give him credit for winning The WCI but as you said on any given day anything can happen and maybe thats what happened for Vince at WCI. I just think he is a little overrated at 6th. I didn't mean to offend anybody and i don't hate any team in region 8. In fact i have the up most respect for all of the teams in region 8.

I think Logan Hull should be up around 13'ish he has beatn:

#14  CH  John Eberle this weekend.

Is Kenndy going to 142; everything I've seen shows him @ 147

1  Ryle  Bryan Peace  12

2  Cen  John Thomas  12

3  Cam Co  Korey Shotwell  10

4  SO  Andrew Mitchell  12

5  Sen  Ricky Wright  11

6  PD  Donnell Davis  12

7  Tri  Kenny Watkins  12

8  Way Co  Kacy Kennedy  12

9  Doss  Billy Cahill  12

10  Ohio Co  Adam Lynch  11

11  Un Co  Matt Young 

12  Con  Matt O'Bryan  12

13  Cald Co  Clay Overby  12

14  CH  John Eberle  12

15  Meade  Ethan Medley 

16  NO  John Aretakis  12

17  Scott  Zack Sowder 

18  HC  Ted Murner  12

19  Wood Co  Alex Grubbs  12

20  Eas  Tom Rupp    9

21  Moore  Nick Vincent  11

22  Let Co Cen  Scotty Baker  12

23  Hend Co  Brandon Brack  12

24  Chr Co  Robert Geralds    9

25  Lar Co  Logan Hull  11

26  KCD  Hardy Hendren    9

27  Dan  Louis Beto  11

28  Bull Cen  Akeem Bennett  11

29  Apollo  Clay Keugal 

30  Old Co  Harold Erixon  12

#5- Chad Scott beat #2- Ryan Dillion like 10-2 this weekend at the Conner Inv. Dillion seems to be kinda overrated. Scott has also beat Ryan Vaughn btw. Good Job on the rankings though.

Vince Staten is a great wrestler I have been watching him even through middle school and he is good. I see it as if you win the biggest in season tournament in state you should be ranked where you win. He beat everyone at WCI he should be ranked above everyone at WCI.

So that means that the Sheldon Clark Heavyweight so now be ranked ahead of Staten??

I'm not saying that he isn't a good wrestler maybe just a little over rated at sixth.

Yes, I'll agree with you there.  And you'll see it Wednesday night.

Now with the important Jefferson Co. Tournament completed it will be interesting to see how this affects the rankings.  Moore (4th) and St. Xavier (3rd) should be moving up the state's team list.

Many individuals will have important changes to their rankings if the list is kept accurate and current. 

Now with the important Jefferson Co. Tournament completed it will be interesting to see how this affects the rankings.  Moore (4th) and St. Xavier (3rd) should be moving up the state's team list.

Many individuals will have important changes to their rankings if the list is kept accurate and current. 

WE GET IT!  YOU THINK ST X IS GOOD!

Jefferson County Tournament of Champions things to note-

103- casa del valle pinned Huffine/rupp

112- Smith pinned weixler

119- Noe Majored Gillespie

125- Michaels dec. Harper/colston

130- ohlman pinned miller

135- Poulton Majored Branch and pinned Davis. Barton also had a very close match with davis and beat branch for 3rd

140- Watkins majored Wright, Thomas dec. watkins

145- Bauer pinned Cahill

152- choate dec. mann. Choate dec. Mcneely

160- Schneider dec. Wright. Wright pinned George

171- Hitchings pinned Dunn

189-???

215- Nickel Pinned Messina

Hwt- Whitting close dec over Smith and Payne

Hitching did not pin Dunn, it was like 8-2. Whitting beat Smith, Payne, and Farley (Moore) all by 1 or 2.

Now with the important Jefferson Co. Tournament completed

Why is this more important than any other tourney?

Moore (4th) and St. Xavier (3rd) should be moving up the state's team list. 

Only if individuals defeated individuals ahead of them.

Why is this more important than any other tourney?

Only if individuals defeated individuals ahead of them.

Grappler, this has been said 1000 times already.  I swear an IQ test needs to be required.

WE GET IT!  YOU THINK ST X IS GOOD!

St. X fans, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your team is appropriately ranked at 31 (give or take a few places). St. X has only 2 kids ranked in the top 14, one ranked 7th and one ranked 12. That alone, does not predict a good turn out for state. The Jefferson County tournament is not considered, by most, to be a tough tourney. School pride is great, but really, quit trying to sell your team as being better than they are.

Guest wrestler92

I think St. X will prove some people wrong and place a little higher, not top 10 but in the top 20.  They always seem to be up there and are hard working kids and Coach K usually gets them ready. 

at 152, kevin snyder beat kevin porter 7-0, and also beat cameron broussard.

Snyder looked really tough this weekend. He really stepped up and even had a close match with Cody Mann.

I think St. X will prove some people wrong and place a little higher, not top 10 but in the top 20.  They always seem to be up there and are hard working kids and Coach K usually gets them ready. 

I'm sure Coach K will have them contending for a top 5 or 10 finish in the near future.  BUT, I think he still has some work to do to build them back up.  The JCTC is usually a very good tournament, but some of the powerhouse teams of Louisville are down this season or don't have their usual depth.

1   Har Co   Josh Ashbrook   12

2   Con   Ryan Dillon   12

3   SK   Ryan Vaughn   12

4   JH   Trint Webb   12

5   Wood Co   Chad Scott   12

6   Eas   Mikal McNeely   12

7   PRP   Dakoda Choate   11

8   Bull Cen   Justin Walls   12

9   NH   Marcell Haynes   11

10   FC   Cody Mann   12

11   Cen   Kevin Porter   12

12   Chr Co   Cory Armstrong   12

I don't see how Armstrong could have fallen six spots,and all he's done is win 152 w/mow at Caldwell and finished second at CC inv..At the Raptor Inv. this past weekend,he finished first @ 152,fyi Ranger.ty

1   Har Co   Josh Ashbrook   12

2   Con   Ryan Dillon   12

3   SK   Ryan Vaughn   12

4   JH   Trint Webb   12

5   Wood Co   Chad Scott   12

6   Eas   Mikal McNeely   12

7   PRP   Dakoda Choate   11

8   Bull Cen   Justin Walls   12

9   NH   Marcell Haynes   11

10   FC   Cody Mann   12

11   Cen   Kevin Porter   12

12   Chr Co   Cory Armstrong   12

I don't see how Armstrong could have fallen six spots,and all he's done is win 152 w/mow at Caldwell and finished second at CC inv..At the Raptor Inv. this past weekend,he finished first @ 152,fyi Ranger.ty

FYI, he will be moving up a bit this week, but I believe he lost to Walls at the Nelson County duals and to Agnew.

Guest ITS ME!!!

North Hardin look like they're gettin ready 4 state.. Why they droppin all their wreatlers?.. Aren't they afraid they will be weak? Cody at 5, demery at 5, wilder at 17, haynes at 9, wolfe at 4, jones at 2 and browder at like 12.. That is goin ta throw some people off!