Sign in to follow this  
AMSFAN

Middle School Rankings

When is the new rankings going to be out?

I was at the Danville Tourney this weekend and I saw some very good wrestling going on and I was just wondering about the new rankings , and when the next tourney was ..

Danvilles meet saturday was not a regular bracket tournanment, so most weight classes ended up with two or three undefeated kids just depending on how many pools there were in each weight class..

When is the new rankings going to be out?

I was at the Danville Tourney this weekend and I saw some very good wrestling going on and I was just wondering about the new rankings , and when the next tourney was ..

Was there any particular wrestlers who stood out in your opinion?  I was not able to make it down there.  Would love to hear who stood out.

Anderson County had 12 medal winners at Danville. 4 were 1st place. Eric Cunningham (131) and Jacob Vincent (117) both went undefeated and still have only one loss each for the season. Austin Dillow at 89 went into overtime but lost to Vince Lewis from McCreary. Great match. 

I thought that Anderson County done great .. Of course I may be a bit biased since I have 2 sons that wrestle there . All the schools have some really good guys and girls on them. I think that Madison Middle will have some good ones too , aren't they new to this or have they been around for a bit? I am from Madison County and I have never heard anything about them until this year. Will someone post how Tates Creek goes for Anderson County today? I am unable to attened and I am wondering about the 82 and the 96 (I think unless they gained Christmas weight.. :) ) Thanks

Anderson had 11 medal winners and took 4th behind Bourbon by 2 points. The 82 was won by Jason Asbury from Bourbon and 96 was Scottie Whitaker from Bourbon, but Anderson's Chris McDaniel (96) placed 4th because of the 5 match a day rule. Mason Baker took 1st 10-4 over Kyle Edelin from LaRue. Austin Dillow (89) took 2nd behind Caleb Canter from LaRue 6-0. Jacob Vincent (117) took 1st by pin over Ryan McKinnon from Elkhorn and Eric Cunningham (131) also took first 6-2 over Sam Rusher from Woodford Co. Anderson didn't have any other placers at 82 or 96.

Anderson is doing it right, building from the bottom up.  Give them a couple more years experience and they will be another strong program in Region 2

Anderson is in Region 4 in Middle School along with 19 other teams.  Make that 20 others, they have put Spartan in Region 4 as well.

Thanks for the update!!! I wish I had of been able to be there.. Do you wrestle for Anderson County as well , or have a kid that wrestles there? I was just wondering since you know how they are all doing.. Thanks again .. :)