Sign in to follow this  
ptwrestling1

Union County?

Where is Union County going to be this weekend?...usually they are at the Christian County Tournament but I noticed that they weren't on the list of teams there. Union has barely seen any of the teams from Region 1 this year?...

Union usually sees everyone in their region in the UC duals. Other than that they like to travel and see the best competition in the state and out of state. From what i've heard they are going to the mater dei classic rather than the CCI.

maybe the first time Mater dei doesn't win their own tourney in a long time.(30 something years?) That would turn many heads toward kentucky wrestling. Good luck to Union and trinity, and I hope together they crush indiana.

maybe the first time Mater dei doesn't win their own tourney in a long time.(30 something years?) That would turn many heads toward kentucky wrestling. Good luck to Union and trinity, and I hope together they crush indiana.

Fern Creek is going to Mater dei too.  can we get some love? lol

Finals at 160, Wolseifer vs. Ervin?

Great match up.

Hope both are health, and that Trinity, Union and the Creek score enough points that Mater Die, doesn't

win the tournament, good luck KY

Last time Mater Dei lost at home I think was 1983 vs union co. The JV is going to a JV thing friday but not the Invite at Christian Co. Tanner Wedding (Memorial) will be at 160 too, ranked 3rd in Indiana. He will most likely be on Wolsiefers side of the bracket from what I heard.

Finals at 160, Wolseifer vs. Ervin?

I believe the 160 defending state champ from Flyod Central will also be there, I think whoever wins 160 will get MOW.

The Mater Dei Tournament could have been one for the ages.  Floyd Central was rumored to be dropping to 160 for the competition.  So you would have had a state champ from Indiana, John a 2x from Kentucky, Mitch a 1x, and Tanner the #3 ranked 160 in Indiana.  But Floyd didn't drop John is a no show. I here John has a broken finger and to be honest with you I haven't seen his name at any tournaments.  Mitch has one eye super glued and the other eye has nine stitches in it so he will probably be wrestling in a mask.  But Mitch wanted a shot at John so he is wrestling.  So just like the Harrison Tourney it will be Mitch and Tanner once again.  By the way Mitch won a close match 6-4.  And for anyone who doesn't know Mitch and Tanner are first cousins they have been wrestling each other all of their lives.

how did Mitch bust his face up?...i got 8 stitches in my eye last season and was stuck with a mask for about 3 weeks or a month, it impairs your vision pretty badly...this may be a factor is Mitch and John wrestle.

Wolsiefer wrestled two tournmants, Providence HS Clarksvile IN and KOB winning both and MOW at KOB.

He was injured during KOB finals, finished the match but couldnt wrestle for 2 weeks, just now getting back on the mat.

Hopefully to be back next weekend for Jefferson Co. Tourn.

I love all the rumors bout Cooper coming down to 160 and Wolsiefer's finger and Mitch's eye, makes for good build up for the tournament.

Johnny and Cooper have wrestled probably 5-6 times as kids. They have even practiced together a few times during the open season as kids. The nice folks at Floyd Central would invite some of the Fern Creek kids over to practice and they came over to the Creek a few times too. They last wrestled during their 8th grade season, splitting a pair of matches by decision. Cooper beat John 3-2 during the season at Floyd Central and then John beat Cooper at Middle School Nationals by dec, like 12-8.

Both are very good, it would be fun to see them wrestle again, either could come out on top.