Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildcats143

Ryle

has it been a bad week for ryle or are they realy nothing with out mason reid and bryan peace?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. has it been a bad week for ryle or are they realy nothing with out mason reid and bryan peace?

• yes
    • no

Guest wildcats143

has it been a bad week for ryle or are they realy nothing with out mason reid and bryan peace?

Guest wildcats143

well, were is mason reid and bryan peace?

they were at the best of the east tourniment

Good wrestling teams do not make excuses.  CC won NKAC....Ryle won the earlier dual.  Apparently in the first dual CC did not have all their kids in their line up.  At NKAC Ryle was missing 5 starters.....Peace, Reid, Pickett (out for the CC match only-injured in previous round), Gilliland and Marlo. 

On any day things can change....with an individual wrestler or with a team.  They (CC and Ryle) are both solid teams.

Good wrestling teams do not make excuses.  CC won NKAC....Ryle won the earlier dual.  Apparently in the first dual CC did not have all their kids in their line up.  At NKAC Ryle was missing 5 starters.....Peace, Reid, Pickett (out for the CC match only-injured in previous round), Gilliland and Marlo. 

On any day things can change....with an individual wrestler or with a team.  They (CC and Ryle) are both solid teams.

well said

has it been a bad week for ryle or are they really nothing with out mason reid and bryan peace?

I would not say they are nothing without Reid and Peace.  I would say that Campbell and Ryle are so evenly matched that when you remove one or two starters or they have a bad day, the other team gets an edge.

I would not say they are nothing without Reid and Peace.  I would say that Campbell and Ryle are so evenly matched that when you remove one or two starters or they have a bad day, the other team gets an edge.

Grappler-of-old,

Beginning Campbell and Ryle split the two duals, which is the beat team:

Dual Team or Tournament Team

Where would you rank them :?

It especially doesnt help when those two are the two main senior leaders and when they're not present the team may not be as energized as when they are there, because without some of our leaders like Billy i dont think we would b the same campbell county team

Grappler-of-old,

Beginning Campbell and Ryle split the two duals, which is the beat team:

Dual Team or Tournament Team

Where would you rank them :?

OK I have been challenged. 

Can someone give me the line ups of both Ryle and Campbell Co. I'm not sure I know them totally.  I would like the lineups of where they will be for the state tourney, not where they are now.

Here is my guess:

Ryle                Campbell

103    Palmer              Wells

112    Osbourne          Hamons

119    Lonkard            Schneider

125    Marlo              Weckbach

130    Aylor                Deinlein

135    Gilliland            Brown

140    Peace              Shotwell

145    ?                    Griffith

152    Coyle              Liang/Black

160    Pickett            Lee

171    Reid                Brownfield

189    Hogben            Griess

215    Bradford          Risner

285    ?                    Fuller

Please clarify the poll for me.  Yes, was it a bad week for Ryle, or yes, are they really nothing without Peace and Reid.  The way you have it set up it's not really a yes or no answer.  You have to answer Bad week for Ryle or Nothing without Peace and Reid.  Personally, I think Peace and Reid are the backbone of the team, and without them there, it of course, makes a huge difference. On the other hand, if you remove any of the strong kids from the CC team, the same will happen.

i wouldn't go as far as saying ryle is "nothing" without peace and reid

they have a lot of talented wrestlers on their squad

most of which are ranked fairly high in the state

they must have had an off weekend at nkac

but they'll bounce back

OK I have been challenged. 

Can someone give me the line ups of both Ryle and Campbell Co. I'm not sure I know them totally.  I would like the lineups of where they will be for the state tourney, not where they are now.

OK here we go.

My predictions of Ryle and Camp. Co.

Dual score  36-34  but campbell wins 8 matches.

Region Campbell pulls out a close one by less than 10 points.  Ryle 5 champs and 2 runner ups  Campbell 4 champs and 5 runner ups

State tourney Ryle places higher than Campbell. maybe 2 and 3 probably 3 and 4.

Ryle crushed Campbell County when CC had 2 varsity kids out of the line up and several kids wrestling at different weights. CC crushed Ryle when Ryle had their two horses out, one good kid hurt, one average wrestler out, 2 kids wrestling out of weight. Therefore, what happened at NKAC does not reflect Ryle's team whatsoever!

Ryle is clearly the team to beat in NKy as far as a dual team but not the clear favorite in regional tournament action. Where Campbell County is strong at 140 and 171, Ryle has defending state champs and are therefore stronger. Those two swing weights are huge for a team in a "dual" but have very little impact in a tournament.  Ryle's line up is very favorable against CC for a dual meet, but for tournament style, the two teams will be very close with Ryle having a slight edge. CC and Ryle should perform well down state this year.

I could see Ryle possibly winning state duals. Interestingly, they will come out of our region as a number 2 seed for state duals, but are clearly the dominant dual team in our region. Some unlucky number one seed will have Ryle in their pool at state duals.