Sign in to follow this  
skyoneer

no wrestling team at Pike central and others

:cry: Pike central has lost there program and a wrestler at 152 named EJ Hampton, made it to state last year, 4th in the regon and he cant wrestle this year :cry:

Same can be said for Ballard.  They don't have a coach and the outlook looks grim for them to have a program this year.  They have Howard Brim, who I believe Ranger has ranked in the state at 5th in either the 152 or 160 weight class, and he will not be able to wrestle.  It is a shame.  It does the sport no good to add 1 or 2 programs a year if you also lose 1 or 2 programs a year.

No, they can't transfer...have to hope for a sponsor or find a coach to do it.

That ain't right. They make rules and don't allow any exceptions but I think in a situation like that they should review the circumstances and see if it is the only possible route. If the program is terminated or can't be maintained then I think the wrestler should be able to transfer without being restricted like that.

Guest wrestler92

The reason they are in school is for school, not for the sports.  I don't think that will ever be allowed to be changed.  that's why the are called extra curricular.....

The reason they are in school is for school, not for the sports.   I don't think that will ever be allowed to be changed.  that's why the are called extra curricular.....

This may be true. But if a sport is the only thing keeping a student in school then they are linked. 

If one of these kids drops out of school, but if he would have stayed in school and kept his grades up if he would have been able to compete, then this becomes a probelem. 

Many other states don't have a problem with this.  They consider that all their schools have the same level of education so it does not matter what school they go to.

They also believe sports are extra curricular activities, and they don't care if kids transfer schools for sports because it does not make a difference what team a student plays for, as long as they are in school.

(Looks like it's time for me to loose some more Karma) :evil: :-D

Are school penalised by the KHSAA when they discontinue a program when there are kids wanting to compete?

What happened to Atherton's and Ballard's Coach?

I dont remember seeing Atherton last year but I thought Ballard had a full team.

Ballard's coach took the assistant job at Eastern.  As for Atherton, Gary Cole was their coach last year.  He is at Iroquois this year.  Atherton had either 2 or 3 kids.  Ballard didn't quite have a full line-up, but they had about 9 or 10 weight classes filled.  It is ashame for those kids, but what can you do if no one will step up and take those positions.  If I were a football coach at one of those schools, I would take the position and make it mandatory for a lot of my kids who don't play basketball to wrestle.

Wrestling in kentucky is so small, there is only 77-80 teames, no one even gives a ---- about it.

Skyoneer, many of us care about Kentucky wrestling, or at least I do. Who needs praise from insignificant people who don't understand the sport.