Guest wrestler92

Seneca 103

Guest wrestler92

I heard that Seneca lost the good 103 that transferred to them this past summer is that true?  That's a shame that would have been a killer first 6 weight classes for seneca.  Did he go back to Lafayette?  That should drop Seneca in the rankings and pick Lafayette up quite a few notches if true. 

Guest wrestler92

He wouldn't have beat their 112 I guess.  So would he even be eligible then if he enrolled at seneca and then went back?

without getting into individual eligibility issues. (Which is against Da Rules)

An athlete is eligible for the school district in which they live in unless they 1st enrolled in another district outside the district they live in.

In other words.  If a family moves during the school year the athlete is eligible to compete for the new school district in which he/she lives in.

Guest cmccoy

Since I am involved in this as the Coach of Lafayette let me clear the air. It is true that Shawn Johnson moved back to Lexington over this past weekend. His move has nothing to do with wresling. His move is due to the family issues which caused him to leave in the first place. Shawn will be eligible to wrestle at Lafayette this year because he did not compete in a varsity event at Seneca this year. Please let's keep in perspective that the moves are due to family situations. It has absolutely nothing to do with wrestling. Shawn did not move to wqrestle for one prgram or to "run" from people he "could not" beat. He came back due to his family situation.

Guest wrestler92

Well I hope that everything works out for him and the issues don't distract him from being able to compete this year....that happens too much sometimes parents not taking care of their kids.  Not to say that is the situation here.  Hope it all works out. 

I think that anyone who knows both Coach Anderson and Coach McCoy knows that Shawn's move has absolutely nothing to do with wrestling.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is simpley misinformed.  Good luck to Shawn this year.  I hope all goes well for him both on and off the mat.