Sign in to follow this  
skyoneer

Matt Zarth or Elliott Martin

Simply based on the fact that Zarth is the returning state champ at 119 I give him the edge. That said martin is an outstanding wrestler who will no doubt challenge Zarth but jumping two weights is a big jump if he has improved his strength which I am sure he has he has a good shot. Zarth was an animal last year never really challenged at state so if he is still wrestling 119 that means he was probably making it pretty easy last year to still be there this year he must have improved his strength even more. I know that wrestling is more than strength but his strength with his talent and technique is a very dangerous combo. That is why after this book I have wrote LOL I give the edge to Zarth in a close match.

Guest 103GBM?

i really am pullin for elliot cause he has so much heart in it to wrestle in college and its his senior year

i really am pullin for elliot cause he has so much heart in it to wrestle in college and its his senior year

You better watch out, Hacker is ready to "hack" your grammar.

i say elliot has got him....good, solid, and probably alot stronger than last year(couldn't use big words cuz my grammer sucks)lol

Its all good, Hacker is jealous of my "country grammar".

i think that Elliott Martin more than proved that he is a real 119 after his performance at preseason nationals this weekend. if that doesn't say that he is the real deal and not just the "103" state champ i don't know what does. he will take state at 119, and then move on to the real competition in march. 

UHH MATT ZARTH THIS KID IS A BEAST DID U SEE HIM AT STATE?

yeah i saw him beat the best that Kentucky had to offer, then i saw him get trashed at sophomore nationals, 2 and out teched both times. he shuts down when pushed by the best, and i have consistently seen martin rise to the occasion at the National level, most recenty at 119 pounds. so the question of if he could make the jump from 103 to 119 has been answered. and from zarth's performance at the blue grass games it sounds like he didn't do much over summer. champions are made i the off season!

Congrats to Elliot Martin at the preseason tournament, he represented Kentucky well. The National tournament was composed of 13 wrestlers: 6 from New Jersey, 3 from Massachusetts, 1 from PA/Ky/New York/CT. Although he did very well at a small regional tournament, I don't think I would make the claim he will easily beat Zarth.

Zarth is a very smart conservative wrestler. As a sophomore in the toughest weight group last year, he only gave up two points in the entire state tournament. He will not easily relinquish his state title in 2008. Nevertheless, Elliot is a very legitimate challenger and this should make for some exciting wrestling.