Sign in to follow this  
three

Line ups

Your right. Valley

Moore finished top 5 in the county, has 3 guys ranked top 8. They are not legit. They are pretty terrible like they were a few years ago. Oh, and I cannot remember the last time they beat valley.

That conditioning they do, it doesn't work at all, its all for show.

Trent,

Your an idiot!  Moore has continuously improved year after year since Coach Thomas has taken over.  "That Conditioning they do"  It's a very effective aerobic/anaerobic exercise, I can't ever remember seeing a Moore wrestle gassed at the end of a match.  You also have to remember that Moore is one of the smallest public schools in the county I don't think they graduate 100 kids a year.  They may not be a state powerhouse but they're without a doubt one of the top teams in Jefferson County.

Last Year Dual Result:  Moore 57  Valley 9

Sarcasm Stand-up

Moore destroys Valley and I know that.

Anyways. I guess this Valley152 guy is like the greatest Valley wrestler? 152? Ok so who is this? I think I may know who it is. possibly. Berding? Aren't you the guy that wrestled Mitchell Jones from Moore a few years back. I think I remember you asked for him in an exhibition. Basically called him out. Mitchell wrestled above his weight class and stuck you? Is this you? I hope not. If it is then go ahead and eat crow.

Thats the last decent Valley wrestler I can think of besides Raliegh, Rader, and Edwards. I don't believe any of them were 152's.

Go Redhawks!

Sarcasm Stand-up

Anyways. I guess this Valley152 guy is like the greatest Valley wrestler? 152? Ok so who is this? I think I may know who it is. possibly. Berding? Aren't you the guy that wrestled Mitchell Jones from Moore a few years back. I think I remember you asked for him in an exhibition. Basically called him out. Mitchell wrestled above his weight class and stuck you? Is this you? I hope not. If it is then go ahead and eat crow.

Thats the last decent Valley wrestler I can think of besides Raliegh, Rader, and Edwards. I don't believe any of them were 152's.

Go Redhawks!

what about Bebop Smith as one of those decent wrestlers

Guest wrestler92

I've done graduated a couple of years ago....hhhmmm.....Well I am with Trent on this one, I can't think of a Valley wrestler that was really good in the upper middle weights.  I hope you stay with Valley and help them get better.  They can surely use any help you can give them....but you should still look at the video.  I don't remember seeing any Moore wrestlers struggling for air at the end of the 2nd or 3rd periods the last two years.  You don't have to be a great athlete to be a great wrestler, some of the best athletes are terrible wrestlers....no knowledge or "wrestling" sense. 

i've done graduated a couple of years ago, and to tell you i dont need ideas from moore because i would come in and pin or tech. anyone on that team in the first period and thats a promise, but not to talk crap they could watch me wrestle and get some ideas on how to wrestle better and if i wanted to get any ideas from that video i would go to ufc.com and get the my ideas from some real athletes, not moore...

Sarcasm Stand-up

Sorry Trent,

Coach Thomas is friend of mine and I have worked with some of the Moore kids, so I defensive when they're not given credit for the hard work they have put into improving their program. My Bad.

I'm not sure who this Vally 152 is but if this was his weight at Vally then I am not impressed.

Golsby had wooped all vally kids the last 2-3 years at or near that wt..  And Golsby lost to the 160 from Moore last year in overtime at the oldham Super duals. 

Don't get me wrong I probably got wooped myself by whomever, but I am not spouting off either, about myself. 

o that is chris im sorry about that Pat, guys its just practice maybe some teams work harder in a hour then some teams do in 2 hours who knows

Dont sweat it buddy. Its all about maturity level and good sportsmanship. I know you guys bust your balls in practice. We've tied evey year, so our rivalry teams work just as hard as eachother. Moore is a decent team nomatter what anyone says. Good luck to them this year.

[glow=purple,2,300]About the practice thing[/glow], southern started out with about 8 of us packed into a classroom my freshmen year. We had nothing but a good coach and a mat from the 80's that was all torn up we rolled into the cafeteria. So yeah we were a small team at first, practiceing with the same people everyday, but we still worked our butts off.

Now its my senior year. We have a brand new mat room with brand new mats, our own locker room,showers,bathroom,new headgear and singlets etc., whatever you can think of. Our team grew to fifty or sixty men in our matroom for practice after season kicked off. So we have alot of people to wrestle with, and you get pushed harder. Our team went from a record of like 3-17 to 17-3. We received a team of the week award and we were feartured on the news. It blows my mind how much our program improved. Im not bragging Whatsoever, I just wanted to encourage every team out there with only a few wrestlers, keep your head up, work hard and improve. Your the future of wrestling for your school and kentucky, and there is no limits to what you can make happen. Good facilities will spark intrest within younger kids and the team will grow.  Take southern as an example. We are not woodford county or union county, but one things for sure we work just as hard as they do and we will be on their level in the next years to come. Beleive that. Go ahead and put us down, or any other small school, it only makes our teams stronger and our programs grow.

Moore beat Southern like 57-22 last year at the HPI. 12 of Southerns points were from forfeits.

I think Moore pinned just about everyone of their kids in the first period. It was a mess. As soon as a Southern kid would lose he would go back to the locker room. At the end there was only like the two coaches and a couple wrestlers from southern watching. I'm not sure where the rest were. Pretty humbling though.

Yeah but Southern actually beat Moore earlier in the year on tiebreaker points so I heard.

Go Redhawks!

Moore beat Southern like 57-22 last year at the HPI. 12 of Southerns points were from forfeits.

I think Moore pinned just about everyone of their kids in the first period. It was a mess. As soon as a Southern kid would lose he would go back to the locker room. At the end there was only like the two coaches and a couple wrestlers from southern watching. I'm not sure where the rest were. Pretty humbling though.

Yeah but Southern actually beat Moore earlier in the year on tiebreaker points so I heard.

Go Redhawks!

Yeah we beat moore once, and they beat us once. So its even.

Southern's team at horsepower was pretty much the JV squad. Missing almost the whole varsity squad, you cant base our ACTUAL dual team on that tournament.

Were looking forward to meeting moore this year. GOOD LUCK!

GO TROJANS!

Nah, I dont think that was their JV team, maybe two kids.

When do you all wrestle Moore this year? Its a match I like to see.

Nov 29th. Moore high school. Southern vs moore. Hope to see you there trent :-D

For the record, yes it was our JV squad. Well be ready this year

checked Moore's stats page.

Those aren't all JV wrestlers

Zack Michael WPin 3:00 vs. Barrett (Southern) 112    Detail

Shawn Cook WFft vs. Unknown (Southern) 119    Detail

Crayton McCain WPin 1:00 vs. King (Southern) 125    Detail

Nick Vincent LMaj 12-1 vs. Blanford (Southern) 130    Detail

Steven Willbanks WPin 1:00 vs. Durden (Southern) 135    Detail

Chris Wise WFft vs. Unknown (Southern) 140    Detail

Justin Johnston WPin vs. Durden (Southern) 145    Detail

Jimmy Roberts WPin 3:00 vs. Probus (Southern) 152    Detail

James Schneider WPin 1:00 vs. Ferguson (Southern) 160    Detail

Ethan Dunn WPin 1:00 vs. Brutscher (Southern) 171    Detail

Derek Farley WDec 2-0 vs. Entrican (Southern) 285    Detail

Which Zack? Entrican or Durden? Or did you all have 3? Because both of those Zacks got beat.

BTW, Southern won on tiebreaker during the first Moore match but here is a summary of the actual matches wrestled.

Zack Michael WTec 15-0 vs. Barnett (Southern) 112

Shawn Cook LPin 1:00 vs. Noe (Southern) 119

Crayton McCain WMaj 14-4 vs. Blanford (Southern) 130

Steven Willbanks LPin 5:00 vs. H. Durden (Southern) 135

Chris Wise WPin 1:00 vs. Sheets (Southern) 140

Jimmy Roberts WPin 3:00 vs. Z. Durden (Southern) 145

Justin Johnston WPin 1:00 vs. Wilson (Southern) 152

James Schneider WPin 1:00 vs. Brutscher (Southern) 160

Ethan Dunn WPin 1:00 vs. Higgins (Southern) 171

Nice!! I found that on Moore's website.

southern is talking like they won by some great score last year, and no they had there entire varsity squad at are turny and we smashed them till there was no one left

Guest 103GBM?

southern is talking like they won by some great score last year, and no they had there entire varsity squad at are turny and we smashed them till there was no one left

umm that was not our varsity that was mostly JV

Guest valley152

Sarcasm Stand-up

Go Redhawks!

Actually i graduated before him..but i was helping out the team then and berding did wrestle mitchell in an exibition and lost by 2 points, not pin....but the year before that at 140 or 145 he majored mitchell....so countin the exibition they were 1-1 .....but that was one of the best wrestlers out of moore.. there hasnt been anyone close to as good as mitchell at moore since he graduated, nd same for berding.

Guest valley152

I'm not sure who this Vally 152 is but if this was his weight at Vally then I am not impressed.

Golsby had wooped all vally kids the last 2-3 years at or near that wt..  And Golsby lost to the 160 from Moore last year in overtime at the oldham Super duals. 

Don't get me wrong I probably got wooped myself by whomever, but I am not spouting off either, about myself.   

you wasnt at 152 when berding was at 152 and the only person you wrestled from valley was daniel radr and that was one time and you only decisioned him.

This Valley kid is running it like he was a state placer.

No one knows who you are.

We know who the good valley wrestlers were and your name wasn't mentioned.

Please go hide again until you decide to tell us which all outstanding valley wrestler you are who would destroy Moore's entire team single handedly and is an expert on strength and conditioning.

Go Redhawks!

the first duel at the start of the year they beat us by 1 point and it was all varsity but at horsepower they was missing some of there best guys and thats from a moore wrestler

and valley152 when you wrestled did you ever beat on of the moore kids

Guest valley152

This Valley kid is running it like he was a state placer.

No one knows who you are.

We know who the good valley wrestlers were and your name wasn't mentioned.

Please go hide again until you decide to tell us which all outstanding valley wrestler you are who would destroy Moore's entire team single handedly and is an expert on strength and conditioning.

Go Redhawks!

i never said i was great in high school, but onc you've wrestled for 14 years and have trained constintly with excellent wrestlers you tend to learn great techniques and develope into a better wrestler over a period of time....so who are you since your so great?.....and yeah i do know alittle about conditioning since ive been doing it for 14 years and being in the marines, and i got a B.A. degree in health and movent leisure, and a A.S. degree in physical health....so yeah i do know alittle on it.....and what do you know?....what do you have a degree in except being a smart@$$..

You have been wrestling for 14 years? Got a bunch of degrees? How old are you? Man you look real tough being a grown man saying you can pin or tech all moore wrestlers. wow. Thats pretty sad. A grown man talking about hows he is so great because he could beat a bunch of high school wrestlers.

Your helping Valley? man I feel sorry for them.

you wasnt at 152 when berding was at 152 and the only person you wrestled from valley was daniel radr and that was one time and you only decisioned him.

Your correct that I was not at 152 ever.  But Golsby was.

And man I love to correct people who don't have all the information.

Golsby pinned Daneil Radar twice, and Wrestled Edwards at least twice and destroyed him.  OH yeah for the proof on at least one pin check out this link to KHSAA website state tourney 2004 the 140lb weight class consolation rounds.  Golsby by pin 1:36 over Radar,  or something like that.  :-P 8-)

http://www.khsaa.org/wrestling/2004/state/khs2004brk008.htm

i never said i was great in high school, but onc you've wrestled for 14 years and have trained constintly with excellent wrestlers you tend to learn great techniques and develope into a better wrestler over a period of time....so who are you since your so great?.....and yeah i do know alittle about conditioning since ive been doing it for 14 years and being in the marines, and i got a B.A. degree in health and movent leisure, and a A.S. degree in physical health....so yeah i do know alittle on it.....and what do you know?....what do you have a degree in except being a smart@$$..

They must just give degrees out to anyone then.  Spelling, grammar, and sentence structure are not part of the curriculum anymore I guess?