armbar101

kentucky "dream team"

Well he still beat him pretty good, something like 10-1.  If they had wrestled ten times I would bet Metzker would win eight, definitely the better wrestler.

I'm not denying that, Cooper won when it counted.  Metzker was just the better wrestler.

Every year there is a wrestler who wins state that isn't the "best".  He is just the best that day.

We can argue all day about who the better wrestler was.  For that matter, I can claim I was the best wrestler in the state at my weight class at least my last two seasons, if not 3.  But that opinion doesn't do much for me.  What counts and gets recorded in the books is the guy who gets his hand raised in Frankfort.

We can argue all day about who the better wrestler was.  For that matter, I can claim I was the best wrestler in the state at my weight class at least my last two seasons, if not 3.  But that opinion doesn't do much for me.  What counts and gets recorded in the books is the guy who gets his hand raised in Frankfort.

I try to tell myself that as well.  I think it helps me sleep better at night.    :-D

Does anyone know why Jacob didn't wrestle D-1? I remember him my eigth grade year he was a stud in a half I'm sure he could have been quite successful on that level.

He wasn't good enough!

Jason Sedoris Valley

Tony Mills PRP

ME from the depths of the unknown the only wrestler to ever represent his school as the only wrestler on the team period.  Thats gotta be good for something.  Wrestling and trainning by your self for two months and getting top 5 in state...that dosent happen too often.  When I say the only wrestler for the school I literally mean I had not one teamate.  Thats fun trainning.LOL :-P

Jason Sedoris Valley

Tony Mills PRP

ME from the depths of the unknown the only wrestler to ever represent his school as the only wrestler on the team period.  Thats gotta be good for something.  Wrestling and trainning by your self for two months and getting top 5 in state...that dosent happen too often.  When I say the only wrestler for the school I literally mean I had not one teamate.  Thats fun trainning.LOL :-P

Not sure if you are him, doubt you are..but in 1987 a wrestler named Paul Brewer was the only wrestler for his team - Oneida Baptist that year.  He was pretty good...not sure where he placed.  But he didn't have a team mate.  That had to suck.  That is impressive though.

A HWT everyone is forgetting about is Ryan Putoff (sp?) from Conner. That kid was a terror in the mid 90's at HWT. Fast for his size, stronger then anyone in his weight class maybe pound for pound in the state, and was pretty technical for a HWT. His Jr. year he came down w/ mono and could not wrestle in the state tournament, and his sr. year well he walked through the tournament. Just throwing it out there im sure some one can vouch for me.

When did the state tournament move from Atherton to Frankfort?

The only person who beat Metzger in 02, at least in state, was Boggs (state duals in OT, btw Metzger won in OT in the state semis) so it would have to be him.  But when did Boggs and Cooper wrestle?  dual, NKy tourney, off-season tourney?

Dave Barnes has to be mention on this team somewhere.

He was 1988 State Champ and MOW. He also was an NCAA D1 All-American, placing 8th at the 1992 NCAAs.