Sign in to follow this  
The Bear

Daniel Thueman- 152 state champ?

How do you think he would've done if he had went 152? I saw him demolish Golsby early in last season. I think he could've won a state title at 152 with his style.

I don't thnk you can compare that because Ervin destroyed Golsby early in the year also, and the two had a close match in the NKAC thier Jr. year.

He should have won 145.

Everyone seems to forget there was a very large variable last year determining what weight kids choose. Cooper from Simon Kenton was a returning 2 time state finalist and wrestling at 152. Cooper forfeited to Goldsby in the region finals last year thereby ending his career. Cooper always owned Goldsby when the wrestled and few would challenge that Cooper would have beat Goldsby in the region. That would have put Cooper and Ervin wrestling in the quarter finals last year.  We all lost out on missing that match. Cooper may have rewritten history!  I don't believe it is much of a leap of faith for me to believe Thuenamen would like to have avoided Cooper if possible.

I don't thnk you can compare that because Ervin destroyed Golsby early in the year also, and the two had a close match in the NKAC thier Jr. year.

He should have won 145.

There is often a big gap between should have and getting the job done.  I should have been a 3 time champ.  But things like making weight and staying healthy are important parts of that.  As well as actually beating your opponents on the mat.

Very true Ranger.  My point was that Thuenerman was in a wt. class he could have won with the same difficulty as 152.

IPEA-  Yes that is a good point, I seemed to have forgotten Cooper also.

That kind of brings up another question.  If Thuenerman avoided Cooper, why did Golsby choose to wrestle Cooper instead of Thuenerman?

Using the IF theory.  If he would have went 145 he would have been opposite both thuenerman and Courtney and been a finalist.  :-o :? :evil:

(Isn't the what if game fun) :-D

I don't think Goldsby could have been in the finals at 145 even if he was oppisite Thuenamen and Courtney.  Sanders beat him the year before in the quarter-finals.  Goldsby was one of the most inconsistent wrestlers I've ever seen he could destroy a kid one match and look awful the next you never knew what to expect from him.

As hard as it is to say as a teammate of D. T. I don't think he would of won state at 152, banks, ervin, if cooper would of wrestled, I wouldn't of seen anyone stop him.

It's really hard to say, but I just don't think he would of been able to pull it out at 152.

Is he wrestling at West Point?

If he didnt wrestle at westpoint it would be a waste. They have a good program from what colonel latsha tells us. He used to coach there.