Sign in to follow this  
Coach G

Bluegrass State Games

Guest cmccoy

Hello all,

I am the commisioner of the BGSG. for wrestling. I am currently working on remote weigh in sites. I will post info on here by the end of the week. Thanks.

Coach McCoy

Coach McCoy,

Do you have an idea what the turnout will be for the youth divisions?

I don't think there are typically a lot of pre-registrations, so he probably has no idea.  BUT, you can look on the website at the past results to get an idea of the turnout in the past.  But I also think the recent push in youth wrestling should generate more participation than in the past.

Coach McCoy,

Do you have an idea what the turnout will be for the youth divisions?

This is a really cool tournament, if you have a little one, you oughta try to bring him.  A lot of the guys bump up age divisions, so sometimes you'll see some interesting match ups you may not get to see otherwise like a recently graduated H.S. kid wrestling against college wrestlers.  It's a real eye opener to watch a h.s. kid wrestle someone who's been wrestling college for 1 - 2 years.

I would think anyone that's been there would say this is an excellent tournament for this time of the year.

I agree pioneer.  It has been an excellent tournament since Coach McCoy has been running the show.  But participation is the only way to really make it a great event.

I agree pioneer.  It has been an excellent tournament since Coach McCoy has been running the show.  But participation is the only way to really make it a great event.

You're right.  It would be great to see 400+ kids there.  I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised at the turn out.  I've talked to a few coaches recently and there are a lot of kids throughout the state still wrestling hard...going to camps, etc.  I heard there are like 30-40 kids signed up for Jeff Jordan's camp this summer from Kentucky.  That's a lot for Kentucky!

Guest cmccoy

I do not have the pre registrations yet...so i do not know numbers yet. I am making it easier to weighin by working with coaches to have remote weigh-ins at different places all over the state. It is my goal to make this a premier tournament not only in the summer but throughout the year. Myself and the people who help me have worked very hard to build this up. I will get the remote dates and sites up by Saturday...I hope so be looking for them.

Coach McCoy

I do not have the pre registrations yet...so i do not know numbers yet. I am making it easier to weighin by working with coaches to have remote weigh-ins at different places all over the state. It is my goal to make this a premier tournament not only in the summer but throughout the year. Myself and the people who help me have worked very hard to build this up. I will get the remote dates and sites up by Saturday...I hope so be looking for them.

Coach McCoy

got the remote info yet?

is the tournament going to be folkstyle? freestyle? or Greco Roman? or any combination of the 3?

Unless it's different this year, it's always been just folkstyle.