DeSales

Fairdale

Holy Cross

Valley

Shawnee

Western

Gatsby's Region 3 Finals Predictions 5/21

Championships

103  James Huffine (SOUT) dec Kendall Davidson (DOSS)

112  Patrick Lile (SOUT) dec James Badgett (BUCE)

119  Nick Reichmuth (PRP) dec Arthur Ohmes (MEAD)

125  Corey Mills (PRP) pin Antonio Stewart (MEAD)

130  Alan Marksbury (DOSS) dec Jacob Colston (PRP)

135  Marc Blanford (SOUT) dec Rayshawn Graham (IROQ)

140  Justin Walls (BUCE) dec Aaron Cosgrove (DOSS)

145  Dakoda Choate (PRP) pin Sean Hartman (IROQ)

152  Dusty Stengel (PRP) dec Kevin Snyder (DESA)

160  Jeremiah Walls (BUCE) pin Nathan Kelch (MEAD)

171  Cody Bruce (MEAD) dec Alex Meads (IROQ)

189  John French (DESA) pin Jordan Blakemore (SOUT)

215  Derek Nickel (DOSS) pin Tyler Crow (MEAD)

285  Bebop Smith (VALL) dec James Payne (IROQ)

Consolations

103  James Childress (MEAD)

112  Aaron Choate (PRP) dec Wes Lewis (DOSS)

119  Alex Hacker (DOSS) pin Beshawn Moore (IROQ)

125  Tony Tinnell (BUCE) pin Brandon Nix (DOSS)

130  Eric Abbott (BUCE) dec Brandon Wyatt (MEAD)

135  Billy Cahill (DOSS) dec Daniel Sauer (PRP)

140  Donald Phillips (PRP)  dec Alex Pike (DESA)

145  Michael Cheney (BUCE) dec Thomas Roach (MEAD)

152  Akeem Bennett (BUCE) dec Austin Woosley (FAIR)

160  William Northington (PRP) pin Robbie Spann (DESA)

171  Bryant Wilson (SOUT) dec NajJah Savery (PRP)

189  Justin Geary (MEAD) dec Miachel Snoddy (IROQ)

215  Kyle Smith (PRP) dec Cory Allen (BUCE)

285  Derrick Lawson (DOSS) dec Bobby Fuqua (MEAD)

Guest queen

I just wonder something it is stated  " Region 3 Pre-Season "  the key words here are PRE SEASON  you stated your rankings did you come up with these purely off of last season. Did you take in that a lot of these that you have ranked are doing nothing. Did you think there were a couple of kids that did not wrestle last year that are back this year and still getting some rust off but are working to improve for next year. Where as some of these may not wrestle next year either going to work, no coach at their school. not interested any more. Yet some are out busting their ass every day every weekend and look for results and to be recognized on here for their hard work and all they see is the same old stuff. It seems who ever did good last year luck or not gets the credit even if they do nothing in the off season. That's why they call it PRE SEASON rankings. And these should be the real rankings until the year starts and see who is wrestling and who isn't then combine the ones from last year and the ones from the summer. Or call these summer rankings.

Looking at yours and going to a lot of tournaments this year no one is working harder than

wolsiefer

houchens

all the Trinity kids

Lewis

hacker

stengel

nickel

lawson

cahill

cosgrove

several Manuel kids

several central kids

all are busting their asses and all we ever see in pre season are the ones that are ranked 1st and some deserve it because they are working all summer because they have something to prove or other kids that are doing nothing. We need something to show these kids that working hard gets them a little credit and also shows them by working hard they will be better next year.

Guest RaiderCoach

I am pretty sure that Conner Johnstone (Fair) is going to Manual next year.

I am pretty sure that Conner Johnstone (Fair) is going to Manual next year.

Conner Johnstone is going to Manual next year.

Thanks guys.  This is the kind of feedback that helps.

152??? how is Snyder not number 1

Because, while he is doin' whatever it is that he's doin', i'm working and am a completely different wrestler than when we last met. Even since the last practice he's come to and we were pretty even. I'm pretty sure that these rankings are looking pretty accurate. It will be Stengel over Snyder. I think the "dec" might be an understatement, though. A major or fall might appear in the finals. I'm better than him in takedowns, mat work, and changing styles.

I just wonder something it is stated   " Region 3 Pre-Season "  the key words here are PRE SEASON  you stated your rankings did you come up with these purely off of last season. Did you take in that a lot of these that you have ranked are doing nothing. Did you think there were a couple of kids that did not wrestle last year that are back this year and still getting some rust off but are working to improve for next year. Where as some of these may not wrestle next year either going to work, no coach at their school. not interested any more. Yet some are out busting their butt every day every weekend and look for results and to be recognized on here for their hard work and all they see is the same old stuff. It seems who ever did good last year luck or not gets the credit even if they do nothing in the off season. That's why they call it PRE SEASON rankings. And these should be the real rankings until the year starts and see who is wrestling and who isn't then combine the ones from last year and the ones from the summer. Or call these summer rankings.

Looking at yours and going to a lot of tournaments this year no one is working harder than

wolsiefer

houchens

all the Trinity kids

Lewis

hacker

stengel

nickel

lawson

cahill

cosgrove

several Manuel kids

several central kids

all are busting their asses and all we ever see in pre season are the ones that are ranked 1st and some deserve it because they are working all summer because they have something to prove or other kids that are doing nothing. We need something to show these kids that working hard gets them a little credit and also shows them by working hard they will be better next year.

umm...ok. Ya feel better now..

Patrick Lile (SOUT)

James Badgett (BUCE)

Aaron Choate (PRP)

Wes Lewis (DOSS)

Connor Johnstone (FAIR)

Lou Cordero (IROQ)

Arthur Ohmes (MEAD)

Nick Reichmuth (PRP)

Alex Hacker (DOSS)

Beshawn Moore (IROQ)

Rob Noe (SOUT)

Jake Maupin (FAIR)

Corey Mills (PRP)

Antonio Stewart (MEAD)

Tony Tinnell (BUCE)

Brandon Nix (DOSS)

Glad to see that someone took my insight on something (112 Lile over Badgett) and I honestly dont think that Mills will be able to make 125. And if not i will probably be there. It just makes more since to me for me to be there.

Glad to see that someone took my insight on something (112 Lile over Badgett) and I honestly dont think that Mills will be able to make 125. And if not i will probably be there. It just makes more since to me for me to be there.

What was your Insight??

Region 3 Rankings

Kendall Davidson (DOSS)

James Huffine (SOUT)

James Childress (MEAD)

If I was a 103 id be looking out for James Huffine...

Stengel u over rate ur self

No I don't. I don't think of myself as some expert wrestler or anything but i've put my extra work in and after everyone tellin' me how I can't beat Snyder, and I know I can, I would like if people wouldn't despute some meaningless pre-season rankings just because i'm ahead of him. I'm not a gloater or a bragger but if the subject of why someone is higher than someone else comes up then i'm gonna give my two cents. I do it with everyone else. I give reasons why I think someone should be ranked higher than someone else and I include myself on the list of people who I have opinion about. I think I should be ranked first in region and if you disagree then that's your right. But none of it even matters. It's just some typed up wrestling forum opinion.

yea stengel does overate himself... but i doubt he is better than snyder on the mat... u say ur workin hard and u dont think he is?( hes training for mma) but neways just wanted to let you knoe that you think you are better then you are!!

yea stengel does overate himself... but i doubt he is better than snyder on the mat... u say ur workin hard and u dont think he is?( hes training for mma) but neways just wanted to let you knoe that you think you are better then you are!!

I really don't wanna see this turn out like every other thread. Look, i'm a fiftenn year old kid who loves to wrestle. That's all. I don't care about rankings, I don't care about who says what about who. All I care about is wrestling season and when it rolls around I think i'm gonna be more than prepared. I don't know why everyone thinks i'm just buildin' myself up online like I would even care what anyone else thinks. The only thing that matters is gettin' your hand raised. Don't accuse me of workin' to put on a front or act because, to be blunt, nobody else matters to me when it comes to wrestling. I wrestle for myself. What is it ya'll think I stand to gain from lying?

Now, let this be the end of any arguing. It gets us nowhere.

I'm just saying anytime someone says something that is constructive criticism or disputes you in some way u have an excuse its never i just lost its my hand hurt i cut so much weight

I'm just saying anytime someone says something that is constructive criticism or disputes you in some way u have an excuse its never i just lost its my hand hurt i cut so much weight

I understand. I get mad at myself because of doin' that sometimes. But it's not like i'm a flat out lier. I just seem to have that stuff happen to me alot. We have a new Russian kid that came out and I hurt my wrist pretty bad and it'll probly mess me up for the next week or so. I'm just prone to stuff like that. I don't want to come off as cocky or egotistical because I hate people like that. I just get on here because i'm bored and I wanna see what's goin' on with the wrestling in my state. Not to start arguments or to insult people. Snyder is a good wrestler who I have worked with and I respect him. What do you want me to do? Say "Kevin Snyder is the god of wrestling and I could never even score on him because he is so phenominal"? I'm a wrestler. I'm confident in my ability and I wanna get on the mat. Nothin' more. Nothin' less.

i understand that u've been workin hard but u dont know what gonna happen during the season ur the one hypen ur self up sayin ur gonna major synder or pin him in the finals maybe u can say that after u wrestle the first time but ur already under estimating the competiton or over rating ur self we'll see during the season i guess

That's what i'm sayin'. Maybe I talk myself up sometimes but it's never just blowing smoke. I'll gladly [even when hurt] step out on the mat with anyone that wants to. Maybe you see it as hypin' myself up but I see it as gettin' where I need to be mentally. If I say i'm gonna do somethin', i'm usually gonna get it done. I'm already, mentally, standing on the mat at regionals. It runs through my mind every day and it will continue to do so until the moment arrives. I goof off on the mat during the off season but that doesn't mean that's what I do when I need to get the job done. What happens happens. Don't even pay attention to me if you don't want to. Me and Snyder will eventually meet on the mat and hopefully the sparks will fly because of all this pety bickering. This will all just make it that much sweeter to get one of our hands raised when the season is here.

u cant under estimate mr bennet either im just sayin its better to be humble

I'm not really underestimating him. I've just never heard anything about him except that he lost to Cahill. What all has he done? He has he wrestled/beat?

he wrestled cosgrove i think that night cause they all bumped a weight class and he was 140 he was up 8-0 and then got pinned, he wrestled some other pep but i quit for 2 months so i wasnt there but hes quick and strong and wrestled with jerimah and and justin every practice

he wrestled cosgrove i think that night cause they all bumped a weight class and he was 140 he was up 8-0 and then got pinned, he wrestled some other pep but i quit for 2 months so i wasnt there but hes quick and strong and wrestled with jerimah and and justin every practice

Aaron isn't a bad wrestler. He just needs to change up his moves that he does. Also, I never got the chance to wrestle jerimah last season. I don't think I was anywhere near able to beat him at the time but I would really like to wrestle him next season. I've talked to him and he's a nice guy. I'd like to really see what he has. I've heard alot of good things but he is another guy who sticks to the same one or two moves. You can't really argue with him though. It works. lol.