Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

KentuckyWrestling.com HS Rankings - 2007/2008 Pre-season May 14

Shawn Johnsons going to Seneca

Is that a question or a statement?  I believe it was Coach McCoy (from Lafayette) who posted on here a couple weeks ago stating that Johnson was going to be attending Seneca next season and supporting him in the move before any rumors got started.

Is that a question or a statement?  I believe it was Coach McCoy (from Lafayette) who posted on here a couple weeks ago stating that Johnson was going to be attending Seneca next season and supporting him in the move before any rumors got started.

i never read that

If this is the rankings for 145 then 140s are gonna bump up. Im def. gonna wrestle 145 if this is right cus ive teched jamie

I agree I'll bump up from 130 to wrestle 145 If It's going to be that low this season. You have to put some better guys at 45 the #1 and #2 don't impress me at all. They haven't really "beaten" anyone to prove themselves worthy of being that high. I garuntee the 140 pounders will realize how weak 45 is and won't hesitate to bump.

What do you mean they haven't beaten anybody? :? I don't know about the number 2 guy but Jamie Pile placing sixth in 145 last year wasn't a joke. In the first round he beat Tingle who had beaten him the two times before that, and on February 7th was ranked 9th, then lost to Barger(ranked 3rd), and was knocked down into consolations. Then he defeated James Shinault of Central Hardin in second round consolations, (unranked). Then in third round conslations he beat Joe Woods, Dixie Heights, unranked. Then in 4th round he pinned Mikal McNealy in 2:20 seconds ranked 19th. Then in 5th round he defeated Cory Kress, St. X ranked 6th. Then lost to Barger to put him in the 5th place match where he was defeated 7-2 by Cody Hall of South Oldham ranked 10th. SO you might want to look at what Jamie did as a Sophomore at the state tournament before you say he doesn't belong that high on the list.

Im not saying that Jamie will win it, im just saying that he is just as good as the ones everybody is saying should be that high on the list. Jamie is a natural wrestler and works his ass off day in and day out, trust me Im his lifting partner and hes one of my closest friends.

NCHSHWT.

I don't think that they are saying that he is a bad wrestler.  They are just saying that he has not proven to be a top notch wrestler yet.  Usually people being considered for state championships have beaten several high level wrestlers.  He may be as good or better than those listed at 145, but there are no big names in that list.

I agree I'll bump up from 130 to wrestle 145 If It's going to be that low this season. You have to put some better guys at 45 the #1 and #2 don't impress me at all.

I believe they are saying that. Personalbly I know Jaime very well. He has only been wrestling for two years, but has proven himself worthy when it has came down to the wire. You cant say he hasent proven him self when he placed 6th at 145 with Courtney, Sanders, Barger and Thurman in that weight class. He is a great wrestler, and once again Im not saying he will win it all, but if your in his weight class at next years state tournament and see his and your name together, you have best be ready.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lol. Sorry. I don't know why that made me fall out of my chair.

I believe he meant "personally" does nobody use the spell check feature anymore?

I'm pretty sure the Sanders will be at 145 next year, I don't think he cut that much weight.

Sanders will definately be going 145 next season.

Wait for the update in a couple weeks.  145 will look a bit tougher.  BUT...  I agree that there are no big names at 145 right now, but you have to give Pile some credit.  He placed last year and is still learning a lot in the sport.

yes peace looked big for 140 i thought that he would go 145 or 152 this year why is preston shoopman ranked so low i think he should be up there other than that i think that the rankings look good

I think if you go to state wrestling you should be in the rankings the following year.

In the 189 weight class 2 wrestlers didn't make it.

Jacob Gilvin Bourbon County

Evan Holbrook Ashland Blazer

I think if you go to state wrestling you should be in the rankings the following year.

In the 189 weight class 2 wrestlers didn't make it.

Jacob Gilvin Bourbon County

Evan Holbrook Ashland Blazer

Just making it only means that you are potentially in the top 32.  But there could also be guys from other regions who finished 5th or 6th who were better.  Just showing up doesn't get it done.  You need to win some matches.

im not to sure i didnt watch the match but i think Andre Zeppa bet Zach Bontrager in freestyle

I think he did at freestyle state. Not sure.