Sign in to follow this  
grapplehed

ruschell gets 10th seed at NCAA

Not sure if Keefe is ranked, but he is a former All American.  I think 2 years ago.  Kyle has a tough road.  Rader #7 WV is very dangerous should he make it through the 1st round.

I know Kyle Terry from OU, He was a state champ the high school i help out at, hes a beast... I honestly dont see kyle making finals this year but its awesome that he is there.

I know Kyle Terry from OU, He was a state champ the high school i help out at, hes a beast... I honestly dont see kyle making finals this year but its awesome that he is there.

Kyle Terry from OU is garbage...he'll probably lose first round.  Kyle Ruschell would make that kid eat his own shoes!

So pretty much you were wrong and i was right... correct? I mean i love KY but I have seen both of them in person... Kyle Terry is a better wrestler, ATM.

KR wins in OT in consolation round.  Does not look like the Kyle at the Big Tens. 

Keefe unseeded, knocked off Kyle in 1st round went on to win and upset #7 Rader of WV

So pretty much you were wrong and i was right... correct? I mean i love KY but I have seen both of them in person... Kyle Terry is a better wrestler, ATM.

No, I'm still right.  Kyle Ruschell finished the year ranked 10th with some key wins over some OUTSTANDING wrestlers.  He got a tough draw drawing an NCAA AA, 3 time NCAA qualifier first round.  Losing a close OT match in the first round, when your buddy draws a cupcake hardly proves who's better.  How about you go to www.oklahomawrestling.com.  You of all people should know about the "luck of the draw".

Not so fast Pioneer Mat cleaner.  Kyle Terry is very solid, with some major wins as well.  They are in opposite brackets now, maybe they will meet, maybe not. I think Ruschell may have the better draw in the wrestle backs.

Ruschell will have Simmons next round, he defaulted, hamstring I think.  Terry actually has a win over Simmons. 

FYI Keefe is a returning AA from 2 years ago.

There are 8 Returning AA's that I know of off the top of my head.  There are only 8 spots, WOW! this is a very tough weight class with a great deal of parity.

Not so fast Pioneer Mat cleaner.  Kyle Terry is very solid, with some major wins as well.  They are in opposite brackets now, maybe they will meet, maybe not. I think Ruschell may have the better draw in the wrestle backs.

Ruschell will have Simmons next round, he defaulted, hamstring I think.  Terry actually has a win over Simmons. 

FYI Keefe is a returning AA from 2 years ago.

There are 8 Returning AA's that I know of off the top of my head.  There are only 8 spots, WOW! this is a very tough weight class with a great deal of parity.

good point gravelhed.....i'll wait til the end of the tournament to proclaim i was right over nogood.

Kyle's tourney matches looked like this:

Loss Keefe (UTC) 12-10 OT

Win Borshoff (American) 8-7 TB1

Win A.Simmons (MSU) F  M FOR

Win Ettelson (N.Iowa) 5-4

Loss Griffin (Hofstra) 2-1

One match from placing.

Keefe was one match from placing.

Griffin went on to place 3rd.

Congrats on a great freshmen season,Kyle.

You've got a great foundation to build on for the future